cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long time do you have on setting up a Managed Payment?

Ok, I need to know, after you have been notified of Ebay that in order to keep selling, you need to set up an Managed Payment thing. I mean the notification that tells you NOW YOU HAVE TO DO IT notification.

I want to know how long exact time do you have from getting this notification until you HAVE TO have it done and ready? Are we talking about days? Or are we talking about 2 to 3 weeks? Or what?

Since I DO assume you get SOME kind of time to get it settled and set up on your side.

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@whgamer wrote:

Ok, I need to know, after you have been notified of Ebay that in order to keep selling, you need to set up an Managed Payment thing. I mean the notification that tells you NOW YOU HAVE TO DO IT notification.

I want to know how long exact time do you have from getting this notification until you HAVE TO have it done and ready? Are we talking about days? Or are we talking about 2 to 3 weeks? Or what?

Since I DO assume you get SOME kind of time to get it settled and set up on your side.

For me personally, about a month. I received the register by May 11th on April 12th.

Tomorrow, May 11th, that's my OFFICIAL LAST day on eBay, and I'm retiring after 22 years. Yippy Skippy! I was selling on eBay more or less as a hobby to entertain myself the past year.

I received this notice in my eBay message and email on April 12. 

Screenshot_2021-05.png

ZZZZ_26.jpg

ALL the BEST to everyone, stay safe, and kindest regards - 😃👍

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

@whgamer wrote:

For me personally, about a month. I received the register by May 11th on April 12th.

Tomorrow, May 11th, that's my OFFICIAL LAST day on eBay, and I'm retiring after 22 years. Yippy Skippy! I was selling on eBay more or less as a hobby to entertain myself the past year.

I received this notice in my eBay message and email on April 12. 

Screenshot_2021-05.png

ZZZZ_26.jpg

ALL the BEST to everyone, stay safe, and kindest regards - 😃👍

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

@whgamer wrote:

I didn't get the NOW YOU HAVE TO DO IT notice. 

If I did, I WON'T BE DOING IT!!! LOL

ZZZZ_107.jpg

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Thank you for replying. And yes, it was the deadline thing I wanted to know. For now I "only" been getting notifications on and about the Be aware thing, we are letting you know things will soon be happening thingy thing.

Thank you for updating me. And I hope you get another platform to be selling more on. And I can understand people who chooses leaving Ebay. Thx & Take care.

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

@whgamer wrote:

Thank you for replying. And yes, it was the deadline thing I wanted to know. For now I "only" been getting notifications on and about the Be aware thing, we are letting you know things will soon be happening thingy thing.

Thank you for updating me. And I hope you get another platform to be selling more on. And I can understand people who chooses leaving Ebay. Thx & Take care.

I received an email on May 6, 2021 with headline "Your payments are changing, are you ready?"

Update your account details by May 28, 2021. Please make sure you register by the deadline. It does indicate that I would have to register by the deadline to continue listing.

This is the first and only email that I have received by eBay regarding Managed Payments. I knew it was coming because I read the message boards and I read the Seller Updates but this looks like a final deadline notice to me.

I have had the Payments tab in my Seller Hub since February or March of 2020 but it always said to "Express Interest" or "Learn More". This week it changed over with much more info on Managed Payments and a Register button.

If I didn't read the message boards and Seller Updates this would come as a total shock to me as a seller. LOL

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

@whgamer wrote:

You should receive an email with a date that you have to sign up by.

But, they might not wait until that date to switch your account over, so the earlier you sign up the better you'll be.

Have a great day
Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Well, I´m happy to know that I get a deadline. And Ebay should heed that deadline, and they ought to do so.

I do not yet have that email stating that exact deadline, but it will come. I know. Until then...

Message 7 of 7
latest reply