cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How To Pay for Shipping Labels / Managed Payments

I've been on Managed Payments for 4 days now. The gap between that and PayPal isn't as wide as we are lead to believe here on the discussion boards. We technically have access to our "pending payouts" immediately upon sale in order to print shipping labels - just like on PayPal. You just have to switch the setting from "pay with PayPal" to "pay with pending payouts." This is located at the bottom of the shipping label window, so if you so desire, you can change it when you print your next label. And it is reflected on the payments summary screen within a minute. It's that simple. So your business is not going to come to a screeching, grinding halt for having to come out of pocket via debit or credit card in order to print labels. However, it's not a bad idea to earn extra points/money for using  a rewards card.

I have noticed that as of now, eBay still invoices us separately for our "subscription fee" and "ad fees." Those 2 things are not automatically taken out just because you have the funds pending or available from sales. Personally, I like to pay those things immediately as they arise, instead of waiting until the actual last day they're due.

All in all, the adjustment from PayPal to Managed Payments is not the end of the world like many of the drama kings and queens on the discussion boards would have you believe. These are likely people that just hate change and have set out to make a mountain out of a mole hill.

I hope this helps.

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Re: How To Pay for Shipping Labels / Managed Payments

You've been on it four days.
---------------------------------------------------------------
You will please let us know if money never reaches your checking account, won't you?

Message 2 of 12
latest reply

Of course not. That wouldn't be any of your business. But in the chance that that occurs, I will go straight to the source (eBay) and work to resolve the issue. Not too much is ever resolved by resorting to the forums where secondhand information, paranoid and hasty rumors, and outright misinformation abound.

And to touch on payouts again, when we first signed up with PayPal to do business on eBay, payments weren't received instantaneously by us until we developed a track record. Until then, we had to come out of pocket for shipping, and wouldn't be reimbursed for it until the items were shown as delivered. When we did prove reliable, after so many transactions and/or dollars in sales, we gained immediate access to the funds received. So what eBay has done is actually better in that regard because only after 2 days of the transaction are the funds available to be transferred, and that from the beginning. And even by the time funds are sent, processed, and received by our banks, it basically amounts to the time it would take for a package to show as delivered under the old system, anyways.

In time it's possible that eBay would do something very similar in allowing funds to be made immediately available to us to at least spend on eBay. Time will tell.

Message 3 of 12
latest reply

Talking to eBay customer service is not exactly going to the head of the horse.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It's a pleasant fiction.

Message 4 of 12
latest reply

You just have to know how to speak to them and how to move forward. I've NEVER had a problem resolving an issue by either talking with a CSR or their supervisor, either by phone or via chat.

And to indulge your former curiosity, my first payout came the very next day after it was sent... just like when I would transfer money from PayPal.

I suspect that many of the sellers that post on here are as unscrupulous as the buyers they deal with, and they hardly give a full and objective picture when coming here to complain how "evil" eBay is.

Message 5 of 12
latest reply

Your four days with the program is a wake-up call to us all.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
MP's back on the menu. Anyone for seconds?

Message 6 of 12
latest reply

This is helpful but I wish the information was readily available.  You don't know how long it took me to find this information to change the shipping to "pending payout".  Now I'm going to have to figure that out. 

I don't like my money is not readily available, I wish I could switch back to PayPal, I could automatically transfer it to my debit card. This is horrible.  

Message 7 of 12
latest reply

Why would you purchase shipping labels if the Payment has not cleared and is still pending ? Don't you wait until it's cleared or just hope for the best ?

Message 8 of 12
latest reply

It makes sense for you to do this as you are a business , To the smaller sellers just doing this for fun and some spending money this is not worth the risk or hassle .

Message 9 of 12
latest reply

The payments are pending to me, not to eBay. For eBay the money has cleared and they are managing it. The money then moves into the available column within 2 days (sometimes 1) and is transferred to me daily. So far I've been getting my payouts the day after they issue them, within 24 hours even. Business is never without risk or hassle. To think it is, is unreasonable. And yet, this transition from PayPal to Managed Payments has been seamless, and I don't act as though there are bogeymen behind every corner waiting to screw me over.

Message 10 of 12
latest reply

I have to say, I'm loving Managed Payments more and more everyday. I prefer it much more to PayPal and don't even miss PayPal anymore. It's far more efficient and streamlined, and now having been moved to Managed Payments, the Seller Hub makes all the more sense, and I love it, too. I have nothing negative to say about it.

Message 11 of 12
latest reply

Today I had an issue. I have been paying for labels from available funds/pending funds for over a year. Today for some strange reason. It went to paypal. I did not change the setting. I have not used paypal for over a year or more. A little frustrating. 

Message 12 of 12
latest reply