cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has eBay changed their payment policy?

Has eBay changed their payment policy?

For many years I would get my buyer's payment very quickly(most times even before I had shipped their item).

But, for my last two sales, now there's a hold on payment, until the buyer confirms receiving it.

Is this a global policy, affecting everyone, or just me? And if so, why?

Thanks!

Message 1 of 19
latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

Re: Has eBay changed their payment policy?

You are a new or infrequent seller, new and infrequent sellers will experience transaction holds while learning best selling practices. This helps sellers become established and build a strong selling history on eBay. New sellers typically experience holds for up to 30 days, although sometimes it may be longer.

Payments on hold | eBay 

Message 2 of 19
latest reply

No, not a new seller. Been selling since the mid '90's, and have had stores since 2013. And, this is something new, as I've never had 'holds' before.

Message 3 of 19
latest reply

You are considered an infrequent seller since you have recently only sold 3 items since April 30th.

So you will be treated as if you are new or infrequent seller even though you say you've sold in the past, your recent sales began April 30th.  

Message 4 of 19
latest reply

It's not new. 

If your payments are held it is because you are a new or Infreqent  seller, or your item was expensive, or you listed in a different category you haven't listed in before. 

Don't  know if this is true or not but I heard if the buyer makes a lot of returns then eBay might hold the payment.  If you don't  have tracking uploaded to eBay that that could make them nervous because buyers know they can win an item not received dispute if one is filed. Please ship with tracking 

Message 5 of 19
latest reply

I use eBay shipping, so they have that info.

Message 6 of 19
latest reply

It's because you haven't sold anything in a while. Eventually you will get your money more quickly when you sell enough. 

Message 7 of 19
latest reply

There is a hold since you haven't sold for awhile...usually on hold for 30 days.

I have "Express Payouts" now which I get paid the next day of any 365 days of the year in eBay...if there is "available funds"...usually after 10PM every night...there is a very cheap fee to get funds the next day though.

You need to sign up for that to get paid the next day.

Message 8 of 19
latest reply

I'm at 100% positive FB here! What about us? WHY are my funds being held? The **bleep** blue banner has been up for two weeks, all items delivered.

I will NEVER EVER sell here again. 

Message 9 of 19
latest reply

They just placed a hold on my last transaction of the month seemingly without reason. I am neither new or infrequent. It seems arbitrary and random honestly so they're likely holding the money for their own purposes or balance sheet manipulations. I'm sure an attorney general somewhere or someone from the FTC will be investigating eventually.  They can't just make up reasons to hold X amount of escrow dollars monthly from sellers with impeccable track records. 

Message 10 of 19
latest reply

@trust_41 

@pieces--parts 

You really shouldn't be hijacking someone else's post. If you have an issue or concern it would be best to start your own threads. 

Message 11 of 19
latest reply

You really shouldn't be playing internet police. Ever heard of commiserating? Or is this just a place for someone with an issue to be told why they're wrong? Let me sum my entire post up for you so there's no confusion.

'OP: It's a problem. eBay did it to me too.'

Message 12 of 19
latest reply

In my over 25 years of selling on eBay, they have never held my payouts before.

I am not a new member, and I have a recent payout from May 2nd 2024.

I did find this under 'Payments':These funds are on hold while we're confirming shipping details or resolving disputes.

So, it could be a 'dispute' that I'm not aware of? How do I find out? I'm not finding any 'open disputes' in my Seller Hub...is it someplace else?

Thanks,

Message 13 of 19
latest reply

Yeah, I saw that express payouts option. But 

#1 doesn't eBay charge extra for that? I'm already paying them 20% in fees.

#2 if my funds are on hold, would the express payment override that?

Message 14 of 19
latest reply

I am not a new member, and I have a recent payout from May 2nd 2024. 

Message 15 of 19
latest reply