cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gift card error saying "Please check your payment details or use a different payment option."

i got a new gift card and it keeps giving me the same error saying "please check your payment details or use a payment option" i tried going to ebay twitter support and they couldent help me so what do i do?

Message 1 of 15
latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

Gift card error saying "Please check your payment details or use a different payment option."

Back of card shows where to go to see if there is any funds available on that card. I would start there. 

Message 2 of 15
latest reply

all the funds are there i checked

Message 3 of 15
latest reply

Are you entering the gift card code at checkout under the coupon code?

krazzykats_0-1676146589840.png

Is it an ebay gift card or ?

KrazzyKats
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 4 of 15
latest reply

yes and i clicked confirm each time i do i get  "Please check your payment details or use a different payment option." error

Message 5 of 15
latest reply

This is the eBay restrictions, which just growing and effects to more buyers.

You have no chance to pay, forget it.

Message 6 of 15
latest reply

Were you ever able to pay with your card? What is the category and the item you're trying to pay for with the gift card? 

Message 7 of 15
latest reply

I got the same error. Stupid ebay!

Message 8 of 15
latest reply

Same thing happened to me with two different gift cards from two different sources over the last thirty days.  Their website and the orders I tried to place both say the cards have the correct balances available.  After multiple ebay customer service contacts they manually processed the first one behind the scenes to complete the order.  Two support cases this time with no progress yet.  I finally filed a fraud claim this time on the FTC website.  Next step will be to file a claim with my credit card company since my wife purchased the second gift card with a credit card.  This is outright theft by ebay.  The most infuriating part has been trying to navigate through the useless ebay customer service department.  All they will do is open tickets that they never respond to.  I will never buy their gift cards, or ask for them when someone asks me about gift ideas, again.

Message 9 of 15
latest reply

Same situation. Long calls on hold and they chose to hung up on me. Not even sure what I should be doing. Over $200 in gift cards. Not acceptable.

Message 10 of 15
latest reply

did anyone solve the problem? The same thing happens to me, it has a balance, it says it covers the total purchase, but when I click to pay, boom, I get the message "Please verify your payment details or use a different payment option.

Message 11 of 15
latest reply

I was having the same issue and during the chat they mentioned opening it up in a different browser (Chrome) to troubleshoot and I tried just to checkout before anything else and it worked first try. Not sure if this will remedy everything but it seemed to work for me so far

Message 12 of 15
latest reply

wish i had looked into this before getting the gift cards. now i have $200 in worthless funny money

Message 13 of 15
latest reply

Did you ever hear anything back on this?

Message 14 of 15
latest reply

Like beyondbizarre mentioned above about switching browsers to Chrome, I switched browsers and got the cards to work first try!

In my case, I was using Firefox previously and had the error, so I switched to Microsoft Edge and it worked no problem. Very strange, but glad it wasn't a total waste of time.

Message 15 of 15
latest reply