cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting paid

Sold an item - was told it was OK to issue shipping label (aka, seller has paid?). Now "system" tells me I won't receive payment until 11 days from now. First time I've encountered that type of delay and can't find any rationale for that delay. Any thoughts?

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Getting paid

Hi @bmadaras2528 

You have sold 4 items in the last 90 days.  eBay puts payment holds on new and low activity accounts, they may consider yours the latter.

Payments on hold | eBay

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Getting paid

Hi @bmadaras2528 

You have sold 4 items in the last 90 days.  eBay puts payment holds on new and low activity accounts, they may consider yours the latter.

Payments on hold | eBay

Regards,
Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Getting paid

The rationale for that is this: you are a new or infrequent seller so eBay is holding your funds for 14 or for as long as 30 days while you become established and build a strong selling history.

See Payments on hold policy

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

Getting paid

Thanks - just one more evidence of "good" customer service (she says with sarcasm). I had no idea that was policy as it was the first time I've encountered that and I am always a "low activity" account!

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Getting paid

I don't have a very active selling history but I do have a 100% rating. Between the fees and this hold, makes me wonder why I bother! And they've never put a "hold" on any of my transactions before. Is this something new?

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

Getting paid

Feedback rating doesn't come into play on anything anymore. Nor does length of time with eBay. All eBay looks at for sellers is selling history and performance.

All new and infrequent sellers have their payouts on hold. It's nothing new, if they didn't put a hold on your funds before this,they are now.

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Getting paid

With no recent selling history, and Ebays 30 day MBG, they prefer that any refunds come out of your pocket, not Ebays.

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

“Never pick a fight with an ugly person. They don’t have anything to lose.” ~Robin Williams
Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Getting paid

@bmadaras2528 wrote:

Thanks - just one more evidence of "good" customer service (she says with sarcasm). I had no idea that was policy as it was the first time I've encountered that and I am always a "low activity" account!

@bmadaras2528 

They must have some kind of an algorithm on Selling accounts and when all the planets line up the account goes on Payment Holds.  

Regards,
Message 8 of 8
latest reply