cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Funds on hold etc.

Amazing. eBay can withdraw its exorbitant fees (including taking a cut from shipping fees charged to customers)  from my account within minutes but won’t release funds until items are delivered, even when tracking info is provided. Then when they finally make a payout it takes another 1-2 days for it to be processed into a bank account LOL! I’ll definitely be switching to another avenue to sell items in the future. I miss the old EBay!

Message 1 of 15
latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

Funds on hold etc.

Good luck to you moving forward.

Message 2 of 15
latest reply

Funds on hold etc.

Thank you :).

Message 3 of 15
latest reply

Funds on hold etc.

One of the reasons I no longer sell here. It was much easier when I got paid right after an auction. I'm not dealing with all that managed payment nonsense. I have been able to find people online who want my items. Much easier to do, no fees to worry about either and I get my money quickly.

Message 4 of 15
latest reply

Funds on hold etc.

I signed up for "instant payouts"....usually get funds the next day in the evening including weekends and holidays. 

There are some restrictions on new sellers...but that's with any platform.

Message 5 of 15
latest reply

Funds on hold etc.

Outrageous, steep, greatly exceeding bounds of reason is the meaning of exorbitant.

How many percentage points have things gone up from over a decade ago? How much has your food, gas, car insurance, rent and utilities gone up?

Over a decade ago eBay fees were 10% plus 2.9% to PayPal.  12.9% total.

Today the total is 13.25% for most categories. In some categories it's a bit higher but it's also lowered in some categories.

You think a fraction of a percentage point increase from over a decade ago is a big whopping increase, huh?  

Message 6 of 15
latest reply

Funds on hold etc.

If it's been 90 days since you last sold, you are considered a new seller and can expect to have your payments held for 30 days.

Message 7 of 15
latest reply

Funds on hold etc.

I said they were exorbitant in GENERAL and quite frankly the fees are only part of what I complained about in my post. I have LESS of an issue with the fees and MORE of an issue with the amount of time it takes to receive my funds. 
Also, I don’t agree with EBay including the shipping charge as part of the selling price to deduct fees from so now I just offer free shipping to my buyers.

But anyway, your sarcastic feedback to my post is very much appreciated. Thanks so much!

Message 8 of 15
latest reply

Funds on hold etc.

Also, I don’t agree with EBay including the shipping charge as part of the selling price to deduct fees from so now I just offer free shipping to my buyers.

@cobainsdisease 

It's splitting hairs, but eBay gets the same fees whether you separate the costs in the transaction or not. (Total x FVFs.)

Message 9 of 15
latest reply

Funds on hold etc.

I miss Arby's Roast Beef & Swiss.......wish they still offered it......

"...Also, I don’t agree with EBay including the shipping charge as part of the selling price to deduct fees from so now I just offer free shipping to my buyers..."

can you explain the logic behind this statement? please......

in other words, what's the difference between 10.00 item + 5.00 Shippng = $15.00

or

$15.00 item and free shipping?

The Fees are the same

Message 10 of 15
latest reply

Funds on hold etc.

Trust and safety are far greater concerns than in the past.

The infrequent seller is now treated with the same reserve as new sellers and delays of up to 30 days are not uncommon.

The time from an ACH transfer being initiated to being received in your account is partially the fault of your bank. My transfers appear a day after they are initiated.

As for the fees, Ebay is generally lower than Amazon or Walmart, higher than Etsy and other failing marketplaces.

Message 11 of 15
latest reply

Funds on hold etc.

If you are offering free shipping, please reassure us that you have bundled the shipping cost into the price of the item.

Think about this:  Item price: $90, shipping, $10 = buyer pays $100.  FVF calculated on $100.

Or: Item price: $100, free shipping = buyer pays $100.  FVF calculated on $100.

Or: item price, $10, shipping, $90= buyer pays $100.  FVF calculated on $100.

What did the seller accomplish by offering free shipping?

Message 12 of 15
latest reply

Funds on hold etc.

I’m not a new seller and it hasn’t been 90 days since my last sale so fortunately my finds are not being held 30 days. But, 30 days doesn’t even make sense to me. Why would EBay hold funds for 30 days?! If a buyer provides tracking info and the item is delivered without issue, why would EBay continue to hold a seller’s funds????

Message 13 of 15
latest reply

Funds on hold etc.

Unfortunately this isn’t an option for me. Apparently I’m not eligible as of yet.

Message 14 of 15
latest reply

Funds on hold etc.

" Why would EBay hold funds for 30 days?! If a buyer provides tracking info and the item is delivered without issue, why would EBay continue to hold a seller’s funds????"

Because Ebay has a thirty day MBG, and they prefer that any refunds come out of your pocket, not theirs.

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

“Never pick a fight with an ugly person. They don’t have anything to lose.” ~Robin Williams
Message 15 of 15
latest reply