cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fees

Ebay not only charges the sellers 12.9% on whats sold but ALSO the TAX amount and shipping costs; EX sold an item for $1000 Shipping $1000 Tax $1000 Ebay charges the Seller 12.9% on the ENTIRE $3000 = $389.00 is taken from the seller when it needs to be ONLY 12.9% from the final product selling price which was $1000 = $129.00 Ebay charges 12.9% on everything dealing with money from the seller Ebay forces the seller to use shipping labels that need to be edited so what the sellers pays for eBays mistake and is charged 12.9% as well Bbay is no different from the MOB

Message 1 of 18
latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

Re: Fees

A good point, and difficult to argue against.  But I go back to my previous statement, that I believe 12.9% is high.  I only sell occasionally and not as a source of income.  I sell to get rid of things I no longer need or want.  But I've been selling on eBay since the late nineties or early 2000's and remember the fees of that time period.  I understand that costs go up and things change, but after watching the fees continue to climb over the years...where's the ceiling?...  In ten years, will they be 25%?  Again, just my opinion, but I believe that many other sellers feel the same way as I do.

Message 16 of 18
latest reply

If your buyers are not paying your fees, you are wasting your time.  12.9% is not high. Go open up a store and see what the fees are.  Also , you question paying a fee on the shipping.  Well, look at this example... You go to Macys.com and buy a sweater and have it shipped to your home. You pay with your American Express card.  Macy's has to pay a fee to the credit card company on the price of the sweater, the shipping and the sales tax.     So what does Macy's do?  Macy's prices their items to cover all of their fees. You have to do what Macy's does, price your items to cover your fees.    Yes, I know that credit card processing fees are less than 12.9%. That is not the point.  You have to pay fees.  **bleep**ing and complaining will not end these fees.  A waste of energy. Instead channel that energy into raising your prices to cover your fees. Toss out low price items that will not help you pay fees.   Speaking of fees, postal rates go up this weekend.    So folks start editing your fixed priced listings.

Fletch2, I also wanted to point out that in some states like NY, the shipping is always taxed. I hate this but I have no choice if I need to buy something online.  

Message 17 of 18
latest reply

@gato_7821 wrote:

Not meaning to be rude- but why do you care? Thats really none of your business- Thats between myself and the buyer Right. If you need to know these answers I feel it would be best to hear it from the Buyer not the seller-

They were asking to make sure you were not letting money blow out the window.

For some......It seems wisdom has been chasing you, but you have always been faster.
Message 18 of 18
latest reply