cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay gift card for seller requiring payment info upon bestoffer?

Can an Ebay giftcard still be used(through PayPal) when a seller requires payment information before making an offer?

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

If you are using PayPal as the preauthorized payment for an offer or bid, it will default to the payment method that you have set up as your automatic payment method for eBay purchases on your PayPal account. Your options are PayPal balance or the credit cards that you have attached to your PayPal account, or possibly your bank account.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 5 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

What kind of payment information? Stating to seller that I want to use an eBay Gift card. That would be the only information I would give.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

When I make a best offer I'm prompted to provide how I'm paying, its a seller option. My question is can I use an Ebay gift card still. Or can I only pay with my $ from PayPal or credit card etc?

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

From what I have seen in posts here....

The problem comes from buyers where "Best Offer" is accepted...so a buyer has to have some credit on file...just in case they do not pay up....where eBay will process a payment if buyer doesn't.

If "Best Buy" is accepted...it is considered a sale even before buyer pays.

Maybe others can help better to explain it.

Its like some auctions where a buyer has to have some sort of credit on file before bidding.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

If you are using PayPal as the preauthorized payment for an offer or bid, it will default to the payment method that you have set up as your automatic payment method for eBay purchases on your PayPal account. Your options are PayPal balance or the credit cards that you have attached to your PayPal account, or possibly your bank account.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply