cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay doesn't send the funds to my account, but is sending me messages that the funds were sent

Hi! 

A guy bought something from me from eBay and since 17 Sep, eBay is sending me messages everyday that the funds were released and sent to my account. Not even today I have not received my money. Now, their chat is unavailable. Is eBay becoming a fraud website? 

PS: I have even changed my account to a EUR one, so the payment would be made in the same currency. To no avail. 

Gabriel

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

eBay doesn't send the funds to my account, but is sending me messages that the funds were sent

Until it's been 90 days since your first sale, and you've sold 25 items worth $250 eBay will not release your payment until tracking shows delivered, or in 21 days if there's no tracking.  Then it takes 1-3  days to clear your account once it has been released.

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

EBay is not a fraudulent website. You need to check your account carefully. You missed something somewhere.
Once the item purchased from you goes to the buyer, your money will be credited to the account.
EBay maintains a secure marketplace for buyers and sellers and keeps your funds in order to resolve any dispute as soon as it arises.

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

@fab_finds4u wrote:

Until it's been 90 days since your first sale, and you've sold 25 items worth $250 eBay will not release your payment until tracking shows delivered, or in 21 days if there's no tracking.  Then it takes 1-3  days to clear your account once it has been released.

the OP is saying that he is getting this from eBay "eBay is sending me messages everyday that the funds were released and sent to my account."....will eBay still send that message even though they are holding the funds for 21 days or until tracking shows delivery? 

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

@north40sales wrote:

@fab_finds4u wrote:

the OP is saying that he is getting this from eBay "eBay is sending me messages everyday that the funds were released and sent to my account."....will eBay still send that message even though they are holding the funds for 21 days or until tracking shows delivery? 

It is unlikely this is accurate.  According the the OP's sold items, they have only sold one item.  I think they have some misunderstandings on how MP works.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 5 of 9
latest reply

I have sold more than 1 item. Plus, what was the purpose of lying about eBay sending me messages about the funds being transferred to my account and then writing here? 🤔 The issue comes down to this: they kept notifying me that the funds are on my way, but never sent them. 

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

How much they pay you to say that. Most of us do not have a business and just wanted to get rid of some old items

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

@angelicassales wrote:

How much they pay you to say that. Most of us do not have a business and just wanted to get rid of some old items

You can't speak for "most" of the over 19 Million sellers.  With that said we do have a lot of casual sellers.  But even small sellers [such as myself], sellers that sell regularly all year long do not have themselves set up as a legal business entity, nor do they need to.  That is NOT a requirement / prerequisite to having to report your income to the IRS.  

For myself I've reported my income from online sales as a Sole Proprietorship.  That does not require some formal business set up.

With that said @fab_finds4u is not completely accurate in what they stated.  "Until it's been 90 days since your first sale, and you've sold 25 items worth $250 eBay will not release your payment until tracking shows delivered, or in 21 days if there's no tracking."

Ebay has had a rule for many years that pertains to New Seller and sellers that have been away from selling for 90+ days. The following is the policy that outlines why you money is likely on hold.

https://export.ebay.com/en/fees-and-payments/payments/payment-holds/

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/getting-paid/getting-paid-items-youve-sold/payments-hold?id=4816&&...

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 8 of 9
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread HERE if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

Message 9 of 9
latest reply