cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay Checkout probably has a bug, I need clarification, how to contact from Ebay so I get answer?

Hi, I am trying to convey message (text below) to Ebay, where should I write to be able to get an ansver?

Hi, please ASAP fix your checkout since it now includes VAT for items+shipping costing more than 150 Eur. As you know such items must go through standard custom procedures and VAT must be paid during local import. In https: pages.ebay.com/vat-eu/ you write: eBay will not collect VAT if: Consignment values are above EUR 150. In practice, the recipient pays import VAT to the shipping agent as part of clearing the package through customs. However when I try to buy eBay item number:295678662864 and checkout I am asked to pay US $844.73 instead of US $698,12 Here is what I see: Subtotal (1 item) US $639.99 Shipping US $58.13 VAT US $146.61 Duties US $0.00 Order total US $844.73 It means I will pay you VAT $146.61 but since the price of item exceeds 150 Eur the EU customs will not accept this payment VAT $146.61 from you therefore I will have to pay another VAT $146.61 in other to get my item. I am not sure if ebay then somehow returns VAT $146.61 to me, most likely you plan to keep it for yourself. This looks like a major fraud, therefore it must be reported to police, and a scandal of incompetence that is worth of major newsnets. I apologize if those reports will be sent sooner than I see that you no longer ask to pay VAT for items+shipping costing more than 150 Eur.

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Ebay Checkout probably has a bug, I need clarification, how to contact from Ebay so I get answer?

@phillips-0 

This is what eBay says you should do if you are asked to pay VAT again on an order where you have already paid it to eBay:

https://export.ebay.com/en/fees-and-payments/taxes-and-accounting/vat-eu-2021/

... For transactions where eBay has collected VAT, eBay will issue an invoice to the buyers confirming the VAT amount charged and showing eBay’s IOSS number. If the buyer is asked to pay VAT again on import of the goods into the EU, please inform the buyer to check the invoice and share it with customs. You can also share the order details with the buyer where eBay’s IOSS number and the VAT amount collected by eBay will be visible.

Message 2 of 2
latest reply