cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EBay MANAGED PAYMENTS IS A JOKE !

This NEW EBay managed payments system is sooooo wheels off. I'm selling technical products so we get allot of returns because of operator error and basic non technical buyers or buyers trying to use the product "not as intended" by the Manufacturer. Sometimes we cancel orders prior to shipping because the buyer has no feedback and is using a sketchy freight forwarder address that has allot of reports of fraudulent activity. With all that being said the EBay managed payments system sucks for those transactions (FUNDS HELD) and funds REFUNDED. Half the time I see FUNDS BEING HELD BEFORE WE EVEN GET CREDIT FOR THE FUNDS ? This system is so hard for me to keep up with and I have a strong accounting background and business education. Not to mention they are charging 2-3 times more for merchant services than Paypal was !!! Ugh. I hate this new system... SOMEONE PLEASE HELP.

Message 1 of 44
latest reply
43 REPLIES 43

Re: EBay MANAGED PAYMENTS IS A JOKE !

@mr.realtyenterprises wrote:

Don't take paypal off as an option.  Simple.  I thought ebay owned paypal anyway.  The new Managed payment requires more personal info than paypal required.  It gives ebay complete control of your banking account.  My concern is with this control it leaves me open to more security breach and fraud.

If Pay Pal isn't going to process payments for Ebay anymore, why leave it as an option?

No, Ebay hasn't owned Pay Pal for a few years now.

MP requires the same information Pay Pal did.

Have a great day.
Message 31 of 44
latest reply

I have been a small seller on Ebay for 21 years.  The fees have had me on the fence for a while.  This is where I call it quits and sell things elsewhere.  If they are going to put sellers through this, they could at least have given us a break on the fees.

Message 32 of 44
latest reply

I agree.  Not to mention they don't provide customer support for the issues that arise from the Ebay Managed Payments process.  At least when Paypal was responsible for handling the payments, you could call and speak to someone if you had an issue.  

Message 33 of 44
latest reply

Totally sucks 100% trash waiting days called my bank no transaction.  Ebay says payment complete Not even a pending deposit that only the bank can see. Ebay told me to mail my items as i just picked up doing ebay again after a bit of a break.  This was my full time job for 8 years.  I know Ebay just keeping money in slush fund collecting interest somewhere.  This is totally sickening.  No my bank has to do what paypal did.  As probably everyone else did they had a paypal account that showed everything Ebay and you could manage everything there.  This is so crazy Im so angry as I was going go back to doing this as my full time jobs now im spending an hour on the phone with my bank they have no idea about this Garbage.   People use to say this "Why does Ebay hate their own sellers?"  Like you said is this the year 2000?  For over 8 yrs no issues money in paypal immediately now no money nothing vanished waiting or what ever???? How can any one even sell anything on EBAY...Its insane..

Message 34 of 44
latest reply

You are incorrect sir.  Go back and due your research.  He might not "technically" be a rocket scientist, but he is a inventor with a "rocket science" background.  Has he hired rocket scientist, obviously.   He oversees a multi-billion dollar rocket program,  which is partially funded through your tax dollars. Have a nice day.

Message 35 of 44
latest reply

Power of attorney?  Are you on drugs?  EMP does not require you to sign a "power of attorney".  Maybe you are the one with questionable IQ> : )

Have a nice day.

Message 36 of 44
latest reply

EBay bought Paypal years ago,  but it is my understanding they no longer own Paypal.

Message 37 of 44
latest reply

Well, busy as I am I appear to have missed this latest.  In trying to find out more information all I do is run in circles none of which is helpful.  Sorry if I'm in the wrong spot but earlier attempts give me the big red nasty ACCESS DENIED.  I'm not thrilled with what appears to be going on.  I've been purchasing and selling since the 1990s but on a hit and miss basis.  It is not my business.  If I read their message to me right, the one that I got today.... I'm no longer going to be able to sell on Ebay unless I give them access to by bank account??????  This is stupid AND ridiculous!  I'm trying to find out what other options I might have, they already have my Paypal and a credit card.  Demanding by banking information is out of line!  

Message 38 of 44
latest reply

It is beginning to make sense now why they have removed any method of contacting a real live person.  They are going to lose me as a customer.  Just need to find someone else that offers a similar service.

Message 39 of 44
latest reply

I think Paypal is owned by ebay if I remember right.

Message 40 of 44
latest reply

@caitlyn1 wrote:

I think Paypal is owned by ebay if I remember right.

eBay spun PayPal off as a separate company more than 5 years ago.

Message 41 of 44
latest reply

@caitlyn1 wrote:

Well, busy as I am I appear to have missed this latest.  In trying to find out more information all I do is run in circles none of which is helpful.  Sorry if I'm in the wrong spot but earlier attempts give me the big red nasty ACCESS DENIED.  I'm not thrilled with what appears to be going on.  I've been purchasing and selling since the 1990s but on a hit and miss basis.  It is not my business.  If I read their message to me right, the one that I got today.... I'm no longer going to be able to sell on Ebay unless I give them access to by bank account??????  This is stupid AND ridiculous!  I'm trying to find out what other options I might have, they already have my Paypal and a credit card.  Demanding by banking information is out of line!  

You have no other option if you want to sell here. They want your SSN (or an EIN) too.

Message 42 of 44
latest reply

Let’s narrow this argument. Managed payments helps increase Ebay profits by:

1.  Charging fees to taxes similar to how they     do for shipping

2.    Delaying payment thus money is in a account somewhere earning interest.  

3.   Given they have control of funds they have control over refunds. No longer are they at the sellers mercy as their catering to buyers

Gentleman were in a pickle a very difficult spot. Ebay works great for the mass seller ie only sells Spacely Sprockets for 5 cents each. We all now have become more streamlined leaving items on a shelf at a thrift store because there is just no margin. Never shipping heavy high cost items or investing in them. With ebay it’s buy extremely low and sell as high as possible the money is in the price you paid for it. There are other markets and their used when it makes sense. 

Message 43 of 44
latest reply

yeh ive used ebay for years , 3 days after selling goods , it says funds available, there not so i wont be posting out the goods f that itl be the last time i sell out on this site , there clearly holding peoples money for thier own gain yet again

Message 44 of 44
latest reply