cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create a better mousetrap...

There's a saying,

"Create a better mouse trap and the world will beat a path to your door"!

This applies to eBay's Managed Payments.

If it was a good program, with more benefits then using Paypal, Ebay wouldn't have to force sellers to sign up, they would have to limit signups because there would be a mad rush to get in.

MP isn't better, it's FAR WORSE.  

Before I stopped selling on Sept 1, before I removed the final listings I had, I spoke with several Ebay reps.  My standard question was  "What's in it for me as a seller?"  Universally, They didn't answer my question, and talked about convenience for buyers and other **bleep**.  

If Ebay is going to force sellers to change, MP should be better then Paypal.  At a minimum, they should offer the same benefits as Paypal, fast payments, secure money handling, etc.  In my opinion, Paypal is a fantastic company, Ebay the opposite. 

And this isn't even taking into consideration Ebay forcing this during a Pandemic.

Hey Ebay, remember Myspace and Kodak?? 

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Re: Create a better mousetrap...

Amazon manages their payments. Etsy manages their payments. Mercari manages their payments. Walmart Marketplace manages their payments. I'm pretty sure Poshmark manages their payments. Most large online selling venues manage their payments.

If Paypal is such hot stuff from a payment processing standpoint, why aren't those sites using Paypal to manage their payments?

A business does what is best for their bottom line. Ebay is doing what is best for their bottom line. Ebay sellers need to do what is best for their bottom line, up to and including changing venues to one that uses Paypal as a payment processor.

The easier you are to offend the easier you are to control.

We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did. - Thomas Sowell
Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Ebay did not even try for a" better": they found a system they get some of the money instead of PayPal.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Anyone can build a better mousetrap, I'm working on a better mouse.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply