cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyer stole my item and my money

I sold a wacom cintiq 16 for $520 plus $9 shipping. I sent the package to the buyer, but the package was returned to me for more postage, which I paid and then sent off again to the buyer. The buyer opened a payment dispute claiming that the package had been sent to the wrong address. I messaged them about what happened but they refused to close the payment dispute, so I challenged it. The package has been delivered to the buyer but ebay has closed the payment dispute in favor of the buyer. So noiw the buyer has my item and ebay is taking the $529 from my bank to issue to the buyer plus a $20 fee. What do I do?

Message 1 of 15
latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

Re: Buyer stole my item and my money

It sounds like your buyer opened a dispute with their credit card. First... I dread, dread, dread that happening to me.

I was of the opinion that MP handled these for us, and would refer to the order (and it's shipping address) and the delivered scan to find in favor of sellers. Was  the address on the order correct and was it delivered there?

Message 2 of 15
latest reply

Yes, the address was the one given and tracking says it was delivered. The buyer opened the dispute before it was delivered to them, while it was still shipping.

Message 3 of 15
latest reply

Oh man I learned a lesson or 2 the hard way myself. Now I apply signature to all packages worth 100 or more it does cost a few extra bucks but definitely worth it.  Also you get the insurance 

Message 4 of 15
latest reply

@blue_grunge wrote:

Yes, the address was the one given and tracking says it was delivered. The buyer opened the dispute before it was delivered to them, while it was still shipping.

@blue_grunge 

Was the Case opened in eBay, and was it an Item Not Received claim? Or was the claim with a CCC?

In the first instance, your delivered scan should have been a slam dunk for you. Hmmm...

Message 5 of 15
latest reply

The payment dispute page on ebay just says: "The payment institution has decided to side with the buyer. eBay refunded the buyer for the dispute amount and deducted the funds from you. The dispute fee was charged."

So i don't know if this is an ebay dispute, paypal dispute, or a bank dispute. I just assumed it was ebaysince they emailed me about the dispute in the first place.

The reason for the dispute says: "The buyer hasn't received their item yet"

Message 6 of 15
latest reply

Contact "Ebay for business" on Facebook. Send them a direct message with the order number and all your account info. They will look into for you. I had the same thing happen not for as much money but it showed it as delivered after Ebay refunded them and they reversed the charges for me and I got my money back

Message 7 of 15
latest reply

Did you add the new tracking number to the transaction?

Message 8 of 15
latest reply

It was the same tracking number

Message 9 of 15
latest reply

ebay for business was completely unhelpful and told me to call ebay customer support. I did this and the customer support person who could barely speak english told me that he opened an appeal and a decision would be made in 48 hours that was five days ago and I haven't heard anything from ebay and I cant see anything on the page for the dispute about an appeal.

Message 10 of 15
latest reply

My long message got eaten by ebay's **bleep** system. Short version- did you get your money/item/fee resolved?

"The payment institution has decided to side with the buyer"

Message 11 of 15
latest reply

(Here's that ebay error, in case ebay cares.)

An Unexpected Error has occurred.
Message 12 of 15
latest reply

that "**bleep**" was the word c r a p p y , haha. 

Message 13 of 15
latest reply

And this is why Paypal is much much better than eBay MP. 

Paypal will handle payment disputes and most of the time everything will be as its supposed to even if it will take many months. 

My personal thoughts: either sell cheap items on eBay or don't sell at all, because eBay has implemented managed payments and as people keep pointing out - ITS TERRIBLE.

Message 14 of 15
latest reply

That's what I'm starting to think as well. If you sell cheap items (Under $20) and there's a dispute.. is the dispute fee still $20+? I guess at that point the idea would be just refund the i d i o t i c buyer and be done with it. 

Message 15 of 15
latest reply