cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Business account with EIN instead of SSN .....

Business Member for 20yrs without giving SSN. Now, with managed payments will Ebay accept my EIN and business bank account with EIN to continue?  I thought the sole purpose of the EIN is to avoid exposing the ssn to fraud. The EIN is  accepted along with DBA to open bank accounts.

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Re: Business account with EIN instead of SSN .....

@texas999 

Yes, you should be able to use your EIN number.

Make sure your Ebay information matches the information on your bank account.

Have a great day
Message 2 of 7
latest reply

@kensgiftshop wrote:

@texas999 

Yes, you should be able to use your EIN number.

Make sure your Ebay information matches the information on your bank account.

INFO should be EXACT as the info on ebay. Just adding to good advice..

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

I would like a response from Ebay on this issue as well. I just attempted to sign up for Managed Payments, and after putting in my EIN, it is requiring a SSN as well. I noticed that there was no information on the page requesting the SSN regarding what ebay does to prevent my SSN from being seen by Ebay employees or by hackers. Right now all over the world, corporations and other entities are facing cyber attacks such as ransom attacks, data breaches, etc. And I would like to know, specifically, what actions ebay has taken to safeguard such sensitive information from these types of threats. Before I sign up.

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Hello, we are facing a similar situation.  We are a charity with an EIN and a volunteer board.  We were told that the board president needs to provide his SSN for us to move forward.  This means we are done on eBay, which is unfortunate since we aren't able to sell books anymore locally due to our friends group disbanding.  None of us can figure out the rationale for the volunteer board president's SSN to be used as he has no involvement with the eBay site.  And those of us who maintain it are low-wage library staff doing this to help our library.  If you can confirm that we don't need his SSN that would be great news, but I am losing hope. 

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

I'm facing a similar situation. Did you solved it ? Please share what happened . thank you

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread HERE if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

Message 7 of 7
latest reply