cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Available funds not sent 6 weeks eBay says "glitch"

So i am 20 year ebayer. Sold a $3750 machine ,buyer paid on 1/16/22, funds marked available 1/16/22.  Three phone calls later and I am told that there is a glitch and eBay can't access my money to release it to my bank. It was made clear that nothing is wrong on my end or with my bank.  The Payment supervisor said that there are hundreds of sellers with the same issue.  I was told that they are working on the glitch.  I am wondering if others here are having the same problem?

Message 1 of 19
latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

Re: Available funds not sent 6 weeks eBay says "glitch"

You're probably experiencing a New Seller hold (or that for a higher priced item) on your funds. If you've signed up for MP, it's a matter to wait the 30 days.

Payments on hold | eBay

^^^ Tick on that and read through it. No worries.

Message 2 of 19
latest reply

"working" on the issue whilst they collect the interest. 

Message 3 of 19
latest reply

Well i had no managed payment issues before. Since posting this I received two notices that my account is now suspended and my funds may be on hold until they can verify my information..............  Twenty years and this may be the last straw for me.

Message 4 of 19
latest reply

I am right now being scammed by ebay too, they owe me over $250 not as much as you but still the same.  I have put all I have into learning buying and selling coins and I have sent out over 250 dollars worth of coins nor to mention postage and packaging supply 

but never been paid once by eBay. They were telling me the exact same thing as they told you. how there was a glitch in their system. 

That I haven't done anything wrong, that my account was not flagged or anything. Do not worry. I am 46 and dying and they don't care that I put all my money and time trying to create a little better life for myself.  I don't know what to do. but if you want yo further talk please contact me  my name is carrie. i want to sue ebay and call them out on their lies and make them accountable for stealing peoples money

Message 5 of 19
latest reply

I am right now being scammed by eBay too, they owe me over $250 not as much as you but still the same.  I have put all I have into learning buying and selling coins and I have sent out over 250 dollars worth of coins nor to mention postage and packaging supply 

but never been paid once by eBay. They were telling me the exact same thing as they told you. how there was a glitch in their system. 

That I haven't done anything wrong, that my account was not flagged or anything. Do not worry. I am 46 and dying and they don't care that I put all my money and time trying to create a little better life for myself.  I don't know what to do. but if you want yo further talk please contact me 641-202-7112 my name is carrie porter. i want to sue ebay and call them out on their lies and make them accountable for stealing peoples money

Message 6 of 19
latest reply

I am right now being scammed by ebay too, they owe me over $250 not as much as you but still the same.  I have put all I have into learning buying and selling coins and I have sent out over 250 dollars worth of coins nor to mention postage and packaging supply 

That I haven't done anything wrong, that my account was not flagged or anything. Do not worry. I am 46 and dying and they don't care that I put all my money and time trying to create a little better life for myself.  I don't know what to do. but if you want yo further talk please contact me 641-202-7112 my name is carrie porter. i want to sue eBay and call them out on their lies and make them accountable for stealing peoples money

Message 7 of 19
latest reply

They told me the same thing, nothing wrong with my details and I would have my money in 2-3 business days. Several weeks and calls later, they tell me its just a glitch, but they have no internal timeline on when it would be fixed. That money has been sitting in my "available, no payout scheduled" tab since the 10th of JANUARY. I'm probably going to file a better business bureau complaint if its not resolved soon. I saw on the BBB website that a lot of people are having this same issue, and it seems to get it resolved for them when they file a complaint so...

Message 8 of 19
latest reply

Footnote: A seller on the BBB.org website got a reply from ebay that states "This situation is certainly unfortunate and is never intended to occur, but I was pleased to see the aforementioned payout of $295.21 was successfully issued to you on January 30th. This date is consistent with the internal timeline we had for fixing the issue, so we do sincerely appreciate your patience during that time." 

So they claim they fixed the issue already? 

Message 9 of 19
latest reply

I guess that's my next option BBB. Not a new seller-selling the same 4 products the past year-rated top seller- 100% positive feedback...no disputes- but eBay says they don't see "eye to eye " with my bank. However- Bank of America is linked through eBay's set up.  Holding my money for over thirty days- finally after lots of calls-slowly doling it out but this not how business is done-

Can't make this up- ebay's response-

ebay.png

Message 10 of 19
latest reply

I've had the same account for many years and for the past two weeks it won't allow me to pay with the visa that has always been on the account. They told me it wasn't on my end.

Message 11 of 19
latest reply

Probably way off base, but have you checked the expiry date on your card?

I got caught with this as I always leave mine as my payment source and tend to forget to update my online details when my new card is sent to me.

I have been imported from Australia and this is my posting ID
Message 12 of 19
latest reply

I am also a buyer and seller on eBay for 20 years and back on Jan 19th I started going through the ID and bank verification process after requests were sent to me in email. The photo ID verification went fine and initially, I thought the bank verification was complete after verifying microdeposits to my account. After not receiving my seller payouts I got a banner in my email saying that I had to send a bank statement even though the day before I had an email that stated my bank was already verified. I called customer service and they still asked me to send over a bank statement. After 4 failed attempts to send a bank statement I was finally told that my bank statement number did not match my account number exactly. I then contacted customer service again and they said I had to have my bank produce a document that stated my exact number as it match the record within ebay. I sent the letter, only to be told 48 hours later that it was not signed. Then I contacted customer service again and they told me I had to send a voided check but it had to be a color scan. I sent that on Feb 11 and I was told it would be 24-48 more hours before it could be verified. It still was not done 3 days later and then I was told it was being escalated to another group that would have to manually verify the document and again another 24-48 hours. All in all, I have spoken to about 10 customer service reps since Jan 20 each time submitted another document only to have to call back since I do not seem to get an update after the 24-48 hour period. I am completely fed up with ebay. It is clear to me they are withholding my seller funds intentionally, probably so that they can build interest on money that was never theirs. It is certainly my opinion and could probably never prove it. But just imagine 1000 customers that had $1000 each withheld, that's $1,000,000. 10,000 customers = $10,000,000 and so on. By the looks of this post they are far too many people experiencing the same issue and I have to wonder it is being done intentionally. If someone has a class action started, please sign me up. Enough is enough!

Message 13 of 19
latest reply

@selsa84 wrote:

"working" on the issue whilst they collect the interest. 

Nope.  Check the policy pages for Sellers Fees.  Ebay states it there.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 14 of 19
latest reply

Have ur funds been released? I’m now waiting on 3 weeks of lies and excuses from everyone I spoke with there. Clearly if this is still going on months later it’s shady

Message 15 of 19
latest reply