cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

car salesman not answering

Hi, I need help. Buy a car at auction on Thursday night. That same day I paid the $500 deposit and I sent a message to the seller to agree to pay the difference. On Friday I sent him another message and nothing and yesterday Sunday another. But the seller does not answer and I think the reason is because the car was sold very cheap. I'm from Costa Rica and I don't know where to send the tow truck to pick up the car and I'm not sure if the seller wants to deliver the car. Any advice I appreciate

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Why would you have it picked up before inspecting it? When you made the deposit, did it state it was non refundable?

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

“Never pick a fight with an ugly person. They don’t have anything to lose.” ~Robin Williams
Message 2 of 12
latest reply

According to the listing, the vehicle is in Antarctica along the Clifford Glacier.  Should be an interesting towing experience. 

Message 3 of 12
latest reply

i see the negative fb you left that seller, he does state in the listing that the $500 deposit is non refundable.

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

“Never pick a fight with an ugly person. They don’t have anything to lose.” ~Robin Williams
Message 4 of 12
latest reply

@tony1963 wrote:

According to the listing, the vehicle is in Antarctica along the Clifford Glacier.  Should be an interesting towing experience. 

The listing says it is in Keylares PA

Message 5 of 12
latest reply

@stephenmorgan wrote:

@tony1963 wrote:

Population 429. Might as well be Antarctica which, ironically, has a larger fluctuating population.

he/him/guy/dude...you get the picture
Message 6 of 12
latest reply

It is just down the road from Hazelton so what does the population have to do with anything?

Message 7 of 12
latest reply

@gkn29 wrote:

@stephenmorgan wrote:

@tony1963 wrote:

Population 429. Might as well be Antarctica which, ironically, has a larger fluctuating population.

I don't get it. They are like 9000 miles apart.  Is this meant to be a inside joke that I don't understand?

Message 8 of 12
latest reply

I have heard, but cannot confirm, that there is going to be an Oldsmobile/Pontiac/Plymouth dealership there in a few weeks.

Perhaps it is a trade in?

Message 9 of 12
latest reply

Exactly WHERE did you find this vehicle listed for sale?

When we have the answer to that question, we might have a few more comments.

Message 10 of 12
latest reply

Did you miss the part in the listing that said the $500 deposit was non-refundable?

And are you aware that motor vehicle sales, unlike most other eBay transactions, are non-binding on either party?

So you were willing to pay to have this vehicle transported from PA to Costa Rica?  

Message 11 of 12
latest reply

Hmm. 2nd time that car sold for that seller. At $500 a pop, he could make a great living. 

Message 12 of 12
latest reply