cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I finally got the Buick station wagon painted

I finally got the Buick station wagon painted.Just have some detailing to do to it and get 4 new white wall tires for it.Bruce.

Message 1 of 19
latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

Wow. What a ride that is. Makes me want to take a vaction.

Message 2 of 19
latest reply

I like that blue, it suits the wagon.

Message 3 of 19
latest reply

Looks nice Bruce.

Message 4 of 19
latest reply

Thanks Mike!  Bruce.

Message 5 of 19
latest reply

Thanks Stu.Chevy has come out with some crazy new color paints.This one is called Blew me away Blue.Bruce.

Message 6 of 19
latest reply

Thanks J.R.  Bruce.

Message 7 of 19
latest reply

The blue goes well with the woodgrain trim.  I'm wondering where you found whitewall tires for that thing these days?

Message 8 of 19
latest reply

That is a sharp ride.  The Blue is fantastic.

Whiteys tire on Atlantic Ave can get pretty much anything. Even bias ply, gangster whitewalls, the red and gold line tires some 60's mussle cars came with. And it's often cheaper then buying junk tires at pep boys. I paid $60 each for a set of white lettered firehawks that needed to be special ordered because they were an odd size.

Message 9 of 19
latest reply

Find a good tire guy!

Message 10 of 19
latest reply

Tony, i am not going with wide with walls just regular white walls.Thanks Bruce.

Message 11 of 19
latest reply

Johnny, that a decent price.Bruce.

Message 12 of 19
latest reply

@tony1963 wrote:

The blue goes well with the woodgrain trim.  I'm wondering where you found whitewall tires for that thing these days?

Hey Tony in ans to your question, where can you get those whitewall tires like Bruce has on the Buick wagon, I dont know if you have a PEP BOYS near you.  I can get them all day long there from 14's & 15's from 185 up to 235's they are the Coronell house brand about $70.00 a piece radials, with 40,000 mi warranty, They are a good deal as I only put 1,000 miles per car a year so I don't need high end tires they are made in the usa,  you can stilll get them thourgh Coker  , but they want over $200 each, plus shipping so 4 of them ore over a grand,  most other brands  such as Hankook are made in China or Thiland......Da Nut

Message 13 of 19
latest reply

I agree with white walls on the Buick turbine wheels. The original wheels are kewl. I generally like factory wheels. Some designer sat there and tried different designs to come up with those that matched the car.

After market leaves that up to the customer. I have seen a lot of poor matches. 

Speaking of which, what happened to those spinner hubcaps that were all the rage a few years back?

Message 14 of 19
latest reply

Da Nut, i had to get a used tire since the 1 tire had gone flat and the rim ripped a hole in it.When i told the guy the tire size he laughed at me and said good luck finding that tire size.I explained to him i just needed a tire to move the car around so he found a close used tire for me.I hope new tires wont set me back to much.Bruce.

Message 15 of 19
latest reply