cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has anyone had a Craigslist Seller say they gave the Camper to eBay shipping company in Omaha, NE

I inquired about an Airstream that showed up on our local Craigslist. I have been watching prices and thought the listed price was too low but inquired anyway. It was a text number. When I texted that I wanted to see it I got a text back saying "Hi, here is my mother;s email: ellenk.sessions@gmail.com for more info about the Airstream 1993. I emailed Ellen and got this response...

Hi,

Thank you for being interested in purchasing my 1993 Airstream  that I have for sale. The condition of the Camper is excellent, no mechanical problems, very well maintained, never wrecked or involved in an accident, title clear,legally under my name. I am selling it for $2,000. Because of my divorce settlement, I own this Camper and I don`t need it, so I'm trying to sell it asap. I gave the Camper to eBay shipping company in Omaha, NE who will deliver it to the next owner. The transaction will be made through eBay Payments for our own safety. The best part about this is that you'll get 5 days of inspection and shipping for free. If you're interested in purchasing it just e-mail me your full name,shipping address and phone # so I can initiate the deal through eBay and they will contact you to explain the entire procedure.

Regards,
Ellen K.

Here are all the details:

Year:                                  1993
Make:                                  Airstream
Leveling Jacks Included?:          Yes
Model:                                  Excella
Water Capacity (Gallons):          51-60
Length (feet):                          25
Air Conditioners:                  1

THIS SEEMS A LITTLE FISHY TO ME. I EMAILED BACK THAT i THOUGHT IT WAS LOCALLY SO THAT I COULD VIEW IT BEFORE PURCHASING AND THAT I WASN'T INTERESTED IN IT. 

JUST WANT TO POST THIS IN CASE ANYONE ELSE GETS A MESSAGE LIKE THIS. I'M SURE IT IS A SCAM. 

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Re: Has anyone had a Craigslist Seller say they gave the Camper to eBay shipping company in Omaha,

Just Googled the number and it comes up as a scam...so BEWARE!

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

Re: Has anyone had a Craigslist Seller say they gave the Camper to eBay shipping company in Omaha,

of course it is a scam.

we hear about this same scam on here every day.

I have been on here for over a decade and the scams haven't changed since the beginning.

glad you didn't get stung

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

@maltachic

You registered 10-16 2016  to warn us about the same scam that shows up every day...

Take a few seconds to read this board.... glad you did not fall for this age old scam

What I don't get is why is it always poor Omaha

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

I just had this happen to me and I told my husband not to give any of his infomation that it was a scam. This is not how it is handle if you purchase through ebay.

Thank you for posting, I will be showing this to my husband

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

Hi there

Yesterday I saw 2 adds for campervans on Craigs List.  I emailed them and they both came up with the ebay story - ie buying through eBay and delivered free.  One said she was selling it cheaply as she was getting divorced and the other was in NC - I wanted local - whose husband had just died.  Also free delivery to Atlanta.  Basically the same story you had.  They said they wanted my delivery address and full name so they could let eBay know I was their designated buyer.  From reading these posts - I'm sure it's a scam

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

There are thousands of internet e-mail servers out there... But I have never seen a Craiglist motors scammer, that did NOT use a gmail account.  That's an easy red flag for me.

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

There's certainly nothing wrong with buying a car/truck/ATV/motor home/boat/ or whatever off of Craigslist as long as a small amount of common sense is used.

It seems that when someone sees a 2014 one owner low miles Benz for an even 2 grand all common sense evaporates instantly and they're firing off the gift cards to Omaha.............

I've purchased several cars off of CL with no issues; including a nice GMC Sonoma a few weeks ago.

They've all been located within a reasonable driving distance  with a viable human being on the other end of the phone.

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

Like Rip, I have purchased and sold vehicles listed on CL. I've had plenty of scammers try to get my last vehicle I sold on CL, a 2007 Ford F150. Even had one person come to my house, look at the F150, never drove it, then produce a check for $2500 over purchase price and said to give it to the shipper. 

I politely told the lady I had a title issue and was taking it off the market until the issue was resolved. The lady said she worked for the local VA hospital, even showed that on my cell phone caller ID. Using the right cell phone, you can have anything displayed for caller ID. I did call the VA hospital, there was no such person listed there.

You have to play it smart when buying and selling ANYTHING from Craigslist.

Message 9 of 9
latest reply