cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Car sold with Buy It Now last night, this morning buyer is giving excuses.

He paid a $500 Paypal deposit but this morning tells me,  My daughter was playing with my phone. N hit the button to by by mistake. I did not want ur car sorry this has happened. Again this wAs a mistake. Please retract the bid n return the deposit. I tell him he used Buy It Now, the auction is over, nothing to retract. I could relist and if it brings the same amount I would refund the deposit less the additional listing fees, and if it doesn’t bring as much, deduct the difference from the refund. 

Message 1 of 18
latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

Re: Car sold with Buy It Now last night, this morning buyer is giving excuses.

Anonymous
Not applicable

How did the daughter also "accidentally" pay the $500 deposit?  Sounds like a clear case of buyer's remorse and the guy can't be honest about it but makes up a ridiculous story.  It will be a $500 lesson for him. 

Message 2 of 18
latest reply

That's what I thought too. Next he sent me this message, I have sold a lot of cars on eBay. That’s why I have a score of 100. When some one makes a honest mistake. I refund then no questions asked. I just do the right thing. I’ll talk to ebay to take care of this problem. I only see he has 2 feedbacks for selling anything in the last 17 years, not to mention sounding a bit like feedback extortion. 

Message 3 of 18
latest reply

Did your listing say that the deposit was non-refundable?

Message 4 of 18
latest reply

No but that has nothing to do with it. The point of a deposit is to take the car off the market until final payment is made.

Message 5 of 18
latest reply

I'd give them their money back and just move on.

Message 6 of 18
latest reply

@aproudparent2010 wrote:

I'd give them their money back and just move on.

Not when I'm out nearly $150 in fees, have been set back over a week in the sale and that it's likely the previous bidders won't be back or bid as much if I relist. Why should I be out because of someone's carelessness?

Message 7 of 18
latest reply

For sure, $150 in fees is a bite.The buyer(or his daughter, LOL), will think twice before he does this to another seller.

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

“Never pick a fight with an ugly person. They don’t have anything to lose.” ~Robin Williams
Message 8 of 18
latest reply

Next time the user should ask the wife first!

Message 9 of 18
latest reply

Probably true, then he wouldnt have to make such a ridiculous excuse.

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

“Never pick a fight with an ugly person. They don’t have anything to lose.” ~Robin Williams
Message 10 of 18
latest reply

Deduct your costs and refund the difference...advise him that he would surely do that if situation was reversed......and advise him,nicely, to change his passwords ,so his "daughter" cant do that again...good luck.

Message 11 of 18
latest reply

Was it the zx-2?

Message 12 of 18
latest reply

Yes it was.

Message 13 of 18
latest reply

👀 

whats going on in here?

Oh, I see someone is blaming their kid for something they did....how lame and pathetic. Thats what people get for allowing kids to play with adult things IF that were true.

Wonder if this person was asked to do that to you....you know, to get your car out of the way maybe?

Oh yeah, forgot to add......report that joker

Judge not others by your own limitations
Message 14 of 18
latest reply

@marinermikes wrote:

Next time the user should ask the wife first!

😆   

Judge not others by your own limitations
Message 15 of 18
latest reply