cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android app selling update

We have recently updated the selling form for all sellers. We would like you to post any feedback you have with the new form here. We will be here to answer questions for you.

Thank you

Message 1 of 198
latest reply
197 REPLIES 197

Re: Android app selling update

Join the club. I am having the same issues and more. I bought the new phone because it has a great camera and i thought this was the greatest thing that i could take my pictures and list my stuff right from my phone. Well, so much for that. Now I have to upload my pictures from the phone to the desktop and edit them and then list.  I have complained to ebay. Everytime they do one of these updates, it is the same problems. 

Message 121 of 198
latest reply

I agree. I can't believe that the Ebay reps are saying no one has complained!! The CEO is probably totally ignorant of the problems and enjoying the fruits of OUR labor!!
Message 122 of 198
latest reply

Exactly! We are just the sheep 🐑 that they control.
Message 123 of 198
latest reply

I have been complaining about this for 2 weeks. I think all unhappy ebay sellers should call them in mass!!
Message 124 of 198
latest reply

Same here. It's really unfortunate.
Message 125 of 198
latest reply

Is the team reading the responses from eBay Android users regarding the new update? It needs some tweaking!! Is anything being worked on currently to fix the many problems associated with the newest update?

Hello? 

Message 126 of 198
latest reply

It's nearing a month and nothing from eBay. Disappointing!
Message 127 of 198
latest reply

as far as I know no..nothings being done, people keep getting the run around from the reps when you call..they claim there haven't been any complaints 

Message 128 of 198
latest reply

nope and I dont think there will be any response from them

Message 129 of 198
latest reply

Does anyone know how to get the last version of the ebay app for android? This new app only has one improvement for us and that is the pictures, other than that, everything takes longer and HATE, I repeat HATE having to do double work per listing in order to list for other than 30 days. Thanks, jingram22

Message 130 of 198
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

Is there anyway to remove the app updates? There are many features that have been added that are causing confusion for sellers and buyers. THE UPDATES ARE NOT SUITABLE FOR MYSWLF AND IF I CAN NOT REMOVE THESE THEN EBAY ISNT SUITABLE FOR ME TO USE TO SELL MY ITEMS 

Lets start with the negatives;

1. The app update has automatically added auto relisting - there is no option on the app to remove it and for people like me who don't have access to a pc this is a major problem, there isn't even a warning message displayed to let you know this is happening VERY POOR.

2. I don't like the offer feature at all as I feel people inflate start prices to allow for buyers to make offers and look like they are getting a bargin, one of the reason i have choosen to use Ebay to buy amd sell is that it doesn't have an offer feature on auctions. As a seller I dont want Ebay automatically adding offers to my items, why can't offers be turned on by the seller if needed rather than each seller having to turn them off individually on every single listing. I feel this another unnecessary step in the listing process but what I hate the most is when Iam relisting items (manually) that didn't have offers activated on the initial listing you are now adding offers to these! Oh and to make it so much easier for people to turn off offers you have added an amend offer button THAT DOES NOT WORK!. 3.Postage prices for drafts revert to different price than set meaning there is a potential for miss charged postage cost as again there is no waring you are doing this!

The positives

1. The photograph upload process is an improvement I like that you can upload multiple photos at once and then edit these. 

All In all I would not use most off the new updates eBay have put into place, but as an app only user, if these features are being automatically added to my listings then I will no longer be able to sell my items through you site and also would not feel confident in purchasing from your site either. I have been an eBay user for the last 10 years and have always found your site the best for selling and buying but automatically adding things to sellers listings without their prior knowledge not only causes confusion for the sellers and buyers but I creates a feeling of distrust and I don't feel I have full control over how my items are being sold and that my purchases are offering me good value for money. 

Message 131 of 198
latest reply

The new app is terrible I have so many issues I cant even begin to list them all but here we go.

1. Only have the option to list 30 days

2. When selecting UPC does not apply, I slide the bar to off and I can watch it seconds later slide back to one

3. When I go in and change a shoe size (after selecting sell similar item) I can select a new shoe size and when it goes back the original is selected and my size I selected isn't. Go back in a number of times and finally it accepts it.

4. Save description and photo as drafts on phone since it doesnt let me do things, when it saves I loose most the photos and description

5. When trying to unselect the auction preference (for some reason you decide thats what I like when I never use it) It hardly ever lets my unselect it and will reslide the bar over to one.

6. Set a buy it now price at $299, app showed $299, but when it went live the listing was $2

7. Always sets the preference for shipping to buyer pays? Why? My preference is free shipping because eBay requires it for the Top Sellers. So why would the app select buyer pays?

8. The option to promote the listing at the end is super annoying. Selling on the app should take less buttons to hit and you are just adding more.

9. Filled out the title I wanted after selecting "sell similar" from the live site. Filled it out and moved on to the next category and everything looked good until it went live and it went back to the original Title that wasnt mine at all.

Message 132 of 198
latest reply

Exactly,  the same horrible things that I am experiencing.  And, a few thousand other sellers. I hope someone at eBay is looking at all of our complaints.  The old app wasn't  Perfect, but it worked fine . Go back to the old app. 

Message 133 of 198
latest reply

Android eBay motors seller 

I am unable to change the duration of the listing. 

I am unable to use calculated shipping. 

Message 134 of 198
latest reply

Just came on here to find out what was going on - I can't post auctions on the app anymore because there is NO option to change the listing from Good 'Til Cancelled. I had to end my auctions and repost them which cost me two of my free listings.  I really hate that everything is all automatic and I end up having to change it all on the pc. I prefer pc listing but sometimes the app can be easier but now I can't use it to post.

I do like the new picture uploader but that's about it. 

Message 135 of 198
latest reply