cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OR 14K?

I have a small heart pendant and gold chain both marked OR 14K. Is this real gold?

I have pictures.

http://imgur.com/a/vicvH

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: OR 14K?

I have a pendant just like yours, at least on the back.  Mine is marked with c in a circle (copyright?), 84 followed by a heart then OR then 14K.  I bought at an auction in 2007.  It's not a "black hills gold" piece.  Never had it tested as I don't want to sell it.  See it at least 2 or 3 times a year in online auctions, sells for about $20 - $25.  When I first got it, I researched in and thought it was a company that was a predecessor to Aurafin, which is now owned by Warren Buffet.  That company name was Oro America. 

I assume mine is 14k solid gold, as it's been worn, cleaned, polished and shows no signs of abrasion. 

I have a similar double heart pendant, marked 14K then OR inside a heart, then the copyright mark. 

View Best Answer in original post

Message 7 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

I just need to know if this is a real 14k necklace. I have no clue what the OR could mean.

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

The only way to know if it is actually 14K is to have it tested.  I believe OR is a mark for Gold.

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

Thank you.

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

Could we see a photo of the front please?

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

I see 24 the heart shape OR 14K, maybe it's a combination of both? Oro is Italian or Spanish for gold but don't know what OR would stand for.

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

I have a pendant just like yours, at least on the back.  Mine is marked with c in a circle (copyright?), 84 followed by a heart then OR then 14K.  I bought at an auction in 2007.  It's not a "black hills gold" piece.  Never had it tested as I don't want to sell it.  See it at least 2 or 3 times a year in online auctions, sells for about $20 - $25.  When I first got it, I researched in and thought it was a company that was a predecessor to Aurafin, which is now owned by Warren Buffet.  That company name was Oro America. 

I assume mine is 14k solid gold, as it's been worn, cleaned, polished and shows no signs of abrasion. 

I have a similar double heart pendant, marked 14K then OR inside a heart, then the copyright mark. 

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

one sold shopgoodwill.com as item #15000453 for $27.50 pendant only 12/12/13
Message 8 of 11
latest reply

OR is Gold in French

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

"Or" is "gold" in French

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

Manufacturer oroamerica inside of heart marked OR or on the outside look up that name it was sold to another company

Message 11 of 11
latest reply