cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Welcome to OCTOBER Chat to be continued until December

Oct.jpg

Well October is finally here!!  Does that mean some cooler temps are soon to follow?????  (yes..you DID hear me say that!  Cat Very Happy  Much as I love summer & don`t mind the heat..even I am ready for a change! 

So, come sit a spell, grab a cup of cider & take a load off! 

As we do not have any seasonal color  change here in SC (NC got it all  lol)  I imported my own!  I now have my own fall colors & no longer have a bare wall!  (I also got a snow scene for later  lol) 

DSCN2204.JPG

~~~Sarah~~~There's only ONE bad day when you love an animal
Message 1 of 127
latest reply
126 REPLIES 126

Re: Welcome to OCTOBER Chat

Well I`ll say!  Put store on vacation yesterday evening in case of power outages..things looked fine a few hours ago...hardly any wind or rain, so I took it off vacation. 

Now it looks like the nasties are returning...power just blinked a couple of times as wind  is gusting again..so back on vacation it went...just in case.   Guess it`ll stay that way till later this evening to be sure. 

Otherwise we had no serious probs here in my area..thank the Lord.  My heart is breaking for others..hard to see the photos without tearing up. Cat Sad

Message 16 of 127
latest reply

Howdy

Weather

stay safe and dry

water level is up again and we arent due for the tropical til this evening

flooding in down south in nc(that sounds funny)  its like here we go again

lots of wind right now

still recovering from Florence  still cleaning up    going to take awhile

Sandy i loved the joke ...drink went everywhere   lol

Rosie

photo newyearsimageebay.jpg
Message 17 of 127
latest reply

Sun is shining!  Yippee!! Cat Very Happy

Message 18 of 127
latest reply

Glad to see you gals are OK.  So many aren't.  It breaks my heart to see the devastation.  It is horrific!  Please keep these people in your thoughts and prayers.  The recovery from this will take years.

Though the beauty may be in the butterfly, the struggle and growth occur in the cocoon.
Message 19 of 127
latest reply

Today`s   Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwww   moment

https://iheartdogs.com/this-dog-just-got-back-from-the-vet-just-watch-how-his-kitty-brother-reacts/

Message 20 of 127
latest reply

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwws!

Though the beauty may be in the butterfly, the struggle and growth occur in the cocoon.
Message 21 of 127
latest reply

Got my chicken & beef broth canned this week..

I might do some tomato broth too. Nice to have it all handy & ready to go!

DSCN2377.JPG

Message 22 of 127
latest reply

Sarah, I'm seriously impressed by your stock of stock! Gotta be nice to have it in the pantry instead of having to go grocery shopping.

The only time I deal with homemade stock is after making a turkey. I pull the meat from the bones and set it aside, then boil up the bones and the neck, and add the meat back to the broth. I'll either freeze it then or go ahead and make soup with the stock, some celery, maybe carrots, onions, and rice. My mother called this "Turkey Bone Soup" and it's one of my favorites. Autumn comfort food.

🦃  🐓  🐂

A.

((apologies to the vegetarians and vegans among us))

Message 23 of 127
latest reply

Yepper..many people are doing the bone broth thing..but it`s a lot of work for just a small amount..not feasible   if one is trying to stock a pantry!  LOL  I found a great soup base Walnut Creek (Ohio area products)  it`s really good..seasoned nice & not salty like many.  Got mine at a bargain price

I figured it out best as I could price wise. I just canned at minimum 60.00 worth of broth (using Walmarts brand as a cheap price guide knowing Swanson is higher)  for 12.00.    And as you said..super convenient.  I cook with a lot of broth  & also on a cold wintery day & ya want something hot..a cup of good warm broth is perfect! Cat Very Happy

Knorr makes a wonder tomato/chicken powdered bullion..I`ll do that next

Cooler temps here today..yippeeeeee my 1st pot of chili for supper..can hardly wait!! 

Message 24 of 127
latest reply

Sarah , 

OMGoodness it's been wayyyyyy to long since I've been on here and I miss y'all very much . Waving at everyone !!! 

I couldnt help but think of you when they announced the Mega Millions winner was in SC . It's not me or any of my tribe . I was hoping it was you ! 😎 Of course here in SC winners can remain anonymous so shhhhhhh LOL ! 

Before the drawing I had an intuition that someone in SC was going to FINALLY win the Mega Millions . I was looking at a map of SC and where all the winners of lotteries had been and I was noticing that SC really does have ALOT of lottery players . I had a strange feeling that this was it for our state . Ewweeuuuuu 😄

Well it wasn't us this time , but we still have the $260 million Powerball tonight ! 

Good Luck EVERYONE , LOVE MY JOOLIES !!! 

Mermaid 🐳

Message 25 of 127
latest reply

Well I`ll say!!!!!!!!!   Lookie who popped up!!!  

Hey there Dana..now where have you been & what have you been up to????????? Come on girl..dish!!

Talk about a split second cheap thrill...yepper we bought a single ticket..so imagine my split second heart stop when I turned on pc this morning..saw someone had won it..and then read it was a single ticket in SC!!!!  I couldn`t get to my ticket fast enough!!!!!!!!!!  

BUMMER..twasn`t me.  Smiley Sad

Message 26 of 127
latest reply

Awww Sarah I bet you were cute lookin for that ticket . Hearing the winner was in SC was enough to POP me out of bed a little early too . 

Really havent been up to anything terribly exciting , just pluckin along . I have really been enjoying living ocean front vs on the inlet and just have not been on the iPad as much , but it's that time of year and I'm starting up eBay again , so here I am . 

How about you anything exciting to share ? 

Message 27 of 127
latest reply

Yepper..lots goin on...some good..some not..but still hangin.

Did ayou have any problems from either of the storms?  Hope not.  We did just fine..altho had some scary/iffy possibilities.  My heart still breaks for those that lost so much.  Matter of fact if we had won the drawing..that was one of the main things we were gonna do..help those that had endured so much loss.

Is really good to see ya! 

Message 28 of 127
latest reply

Sarah ,

Thankfully my family and I all came out ok with the storms . Worst thing was my friend Connie lost a beautiful big oak tree in her backyard . I couldn't wrap my arms around the trunk , it was big . At least it fell away from her home .

Can't say the same for those who live along the rivers or intercoastal waterways . It has been devastating just 15 min down the road from here . The whole interiors of houses just sitting out on the lawn , ruined from water damage and just waiting to be picked up , furniture , clothing and everything . It's so sad .  

At first we were nervous when when they were expecting it to be a 4 almost 5 when it hit the coast ( since we live ocean front ) , then it miraculously slowed down to a 2 and it became apparent we were going to be safer to just stay put where we were . It was like we were in a protective bubble . The storm stayed to the North and West of us , for days , man it seemed to last forever . Our little stretch of the beach barely got anything besides a little rain . 

Then 1 .5 - 2 weeks after the storm , we saw the creepiest thing . The ocean turned very dark . Looked the color of tea . All the debris and stuff that was in those rivers came downstream to us . I could not believe people were just wading and swimming in it . I knew better . Of course after a few days there were warnings on the news . Do not go in the water , It is full of bacteria . Ewwwwwww 

Seems like this has been going on for like 5 years here . We have had a few floods , as soon as we try to recover from one , here comes another . I know we have had 3 what they call 1000 year storms . It's getting a little crazy . 

Anyhow ....... How did you fare with everything ? How did your little garden hold up ? 

Dana 🐳

Message 29 of 127
latest reply

Thankfully no probs here..other than some strong winds & gust..that alone was nerve -racking. 

I am actually enjoying our cooler temps right now! LOL Yepper..has nee so dang hot..even I was getting wilty!  They told on t  it was the hottest summer ever..not so much from the temps as we only had 3 days of triples..but it was the extended heat that made it record breaking.

Garden did quite nicely all things considering..course I`m still canning even now..just did 36 jars of applesauce today..strawberry applesauce, cinnamon applesauce, & tried some peach applesauce too. 

Still a few more things I wanna can as items go on sale..then I`ll be finished for this year (I hope  lol)

Message 30 of 127
latest reply