cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Welcome to OCTOBER Chat to be continued until December

Oct.jpg

Well October is finally here!!  Does that mean some cooler temps are soon to follow?????  (yes..you DID hear me say that!  Cat Very Happy  Much as I love summer & don`t mind the heat..even I am ready for a change! 

So, come sit a spell, grab a cup of cider & take a load off! 

As we do not have any seasonal color  change here in SC (NC got it all  lol)  I imported my own!  I now have my own fall colors & no longer have a bare wall!  (I also got a snow scene for later  lol) 

DSCN2204.JPG

~~~Sarah~~~There's only ONE bad day when you love an animal
Message 1 of 127
latest reply
126 REPLIES 126

Love the picture Sarah.  My favorite thing about October is ..........

pumpkin-spice-latte-sign-785463

I'm normally not a big latte person, but pumpkin spice .... is really nice!

Hope thing are going well for you and Mr. T!

Though the beauty may be in the butterfly, the struggle and growth occur in the cocoon.
Message 2 of 127
latest reply

Morning, Sandy Yepper things are a bit better..thanks to a low dose happy pill'  Cat Wink

I made these over the weekend for a Sun Nite Singing..they were a huge hit. I substituted the butterscotch morsels with Pumpkin Spice morsels..they are awesome!

BscotchCheesebars-a.jpg

12-oz. pkg. butterscotch chips
1/3 c. butter
2 c. graham cracker crumbs
1 c. chopped pecans
8-oz. pkg. cream cheese, softened
14-oz. can sweetened condensed milk
1 t. vanilla extract
1 egg, beaten

Melt butterscotch chips and butter in a saucepan over medium-low heat; stir in cracker crumbs and pecans. Press half of mixture into an ungreased 13"x9" baking pan. Beat cream cheese in a large bowl until fluffy; stir in condensed milk. Add vanilla and egg; mix well and pour over crumb mixture. Top with remaining crumb mixture. Bake at 350 degrees for 25 to 30 minutes. Chill until firm; cut into bars.  

Message 3 of 127
latest reply

Attempt #2 for this post. Dang mouse (no profanity here!).  😡

First, Sarah I love the picture!!

Sandy, I'm looking forward to all sorts of pumpkin spice things!

(Ok, here's the paragraph I hated losing.)  Have you ever found an earring (somewhere it shouldn't be) that you were sure was the mate to one that had been put away? This happened to me a couple of days ago. Found it on the coffee table while I was straightening up and I took it back to its mate. Only ... the original earring already had its mate with it. Checked, and the extra earring was identical to the other ones along with the the "Pat.Pend."  stamp. (I recognize that the "Pat.Pend." stamp probably refers to the clip.) Anyway, it seems really weird to find an extra ER when they are likely from the 50s.

We're praying for a cold front. The temps are close to breaking records for this time of year. It's been raining like well... you know what I was going to say. We've had area of flooding around the city, though not all over at once. Oh please, Eternal One, send cooler air!

A.

Message 4 of 127
latest reply

LOL, I'll have to tell you the story of my mystic earring tale one of these days.  LOL

But if your earrings are Sarah Coventry, they ran a special marketing campaign back in the 70's called a "pair and a spare".  It was based on the fact that you always lost one earring.  So they sold their earrings in threes.  This might solve your mystery.

Though the beauty may be in the butterfly, the struggle and growth occur in the cocoon.
Message 5 of 127
latest reply

They're Monet. Did they ever run a three-fer? Seems really interesting that all three of them stayed together!

A.

Message 6 of 127
latest reply

To my knowledge, Monet didn't do the pair and a spare thing.

Now on to my earring story.....

A number of years ago, as some here may remember, I set up a little week-end selling at a local emporium in Austin.  I made several displays and sold there four or five times.  Since you had to pack your things up if you were using the kiosk on the week-ends, I tried to make sure all things were secure.  The last time I sold there I came home with only one Bell Trading Post copper earring.  I searched my car, and even went back and searched around the kiosk and in the storage big drawers you could lock you stuff in over night ... alas, no earring.  So I put the one remaining earring up on a shelf.

Over the years I kept finding this earring in off the wall places.  I just figured I had absent mindedly been moving it when I was going through stuff.  Don't ask me why I didn't throw it away, I just didn't.  When we moved here to Killeen, the earring came along with me.  The same thing was happening here, came across it unexpectedly in weird places.  Finally I put it up where it wouldn't get moved.  A couple of weeks later I once again came across that earring while looking for something.  Now I was really mad at myself.  Why would I have moved it from the drawer I had put it in.  Took it back to the drawer and low and behold ... there in the draw was the other earring!  For years I had both earrings!  LOL  I was moving one or the other earring around all this time and just had never got them together.  So after years, and a major move they were back together.  Can't tell you how many times I was going to throw that earring out.  

What is there to say?  LOl

Message 7 of 127
latest reply

Sandy, that is really amazing! I can see how two earrings could get separated within one house, but to both make a big move --- and the inevitable unpacking chaos. Those two earrings must have been meant for each other 🙂

Message 8 of 127
latest reply

I know.  LOL 

Message 9 of 127
latest reply

Let's start the day off with a smile:

A lady about 8 months pregnant got on a bus she noticed the man opposite her was smiling at her. She immediately moved to another seat. This time the smile turned into a grin, so she moved again.

The man seemed more amused. When on the fourth move, the man burst out laughing, she complained to the driver and he had the man arrested.

The case came up in court. The judge asked the man (about 20 years old) what he had to say for himself.
The young man replied, Well your Honor, it was like this: When the lady got on the bus, I couldn’t help but notice her condition. She sat down under a sign that said, “The Double Mint Twins are coming” and I grinned.

Then she moved and sat under a sign that said, “Logan’s Liniment will reduce the swelling”, and I had to smile. Then she placed herself under a deodorant sign that said, “William’s Big Stick Did the Trick”, and I could hardly contain myself.

BUT, Your Honor, when she moved the fourth time and sat under a sign that said, “Goodyear Rubber could have prevented this Accident”, I just lost it.

“CASE DISMISSED!!”

Message 10 of 127
latest reply

gilaughing cats.gif

Message 11 of 127
latest reply

Sandy, I laughed so much at your story that I scared the cat!

On another subject, have any of you noticed that old saved searches, still subscribed, that haven't been yielding results have suddenly started working? Or recent ones that aren't working correctly. I saved a new search yesterday for Clarks sandals, and got my first results. Last night's search turned up only three pairs of shoes and none of them were sandals. I looked at one of them anyway because the photo showed white shoes where the title and description were for black shoes. I always check feedback anyway and I had to laugh when I found the seller had 177 negatives in the last year. About a dozen of them had the remarks removed by Ebay. Even more amazing, the seller is not Chinese and it actually located in North Carolina. Buyers ought to read feedback. Guess these were 177 examples of being blinded by the price. ((Insert Bruce Springsteen and Manfred Mann riff))

Still laughing about the pregnant lady...

A.

Message 12 of 127
latest reply

Absolutely no offense intended to any Chinese-Americans reading this. I'm referring to the ones selling *from* China with all the bogus merchandise.

Message 13 of 127
latest reply

Went to a church rummage sale yesterday and I bought this with the intention of reselling. But I'm teetering with the idea of keeping it instead. Different from my usual.

Owl Backpack 1 -- 2000px.jpg

Owl Backpack Back 1 -- 2000px.jpg

While I'm in that file, here's a photo from last night. I was setting stones and using my magnifying lamp. Set it on its side so the cat wouldn't knock it on the floor... typical cat 🙂

SweetiePie 1 10-4-18 --2000px.jpg

A.

Message 14 of 127
latest reply

LOL!!  Yepper...if we even THINK of wanting to do stuff..they have other plans!

Luv the backpack! 

On a quick note..ya`ll start sendin up prayers, good thoughts..whatever..for everyone in this storm`s path..looking kinda bad right now.  As usual I`m  more concerned about tornadoes that anything right now..but tomorrow looks to be rather nasty here!  Cat Sad 

Message 15 of 127
latest reply