cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OT: Update from Mrs E

Hi everyone. Hope you all had a wonderful Mothers Day. I did too but also got some bad news.  My daughter Bev has breast cancer again. 3 yrs ago she had a lumpectomy and they went in three separate times to get clear margins.   

A sore came up on the side of her breast that had had the surgery. Terrible thing about the size of a nickel. She treated at home with antibiotic cream, which didnt touch it. At the dr's office he cultured it to determine what bacteria it may be so he could treat her accordingly. Two weeks later he is mystified. It is gut bacteria. He has no idea how it may have come to be on the breast.  Turns out after an ultrasound they find the lump under it. That has led to more tests this wed.  Dr didnt sound very hopeful that it hadnt spread/  She has already decided on the double mastectomy with reconstruction. The recommmeddations for therapies will come after the test results.

I havent been doing well with this. I cry alot and pray alot. It seems like a nightmare that has haunting me. I cant help her like a normal mom can cause I cant see. I cant help with the housework, laundry and meals. No I am really not feeling sorry for myself. It is what it is. 

So her ladies group has taken over everything from transportaion to meals. They dont want the family burdened with anything. I am so grateful.

She has a 11 yr old daughter and 16 yr old son still at home. My prayer is it is contained to one area. Would some of you who have prayer chains put Bev on your list? I would be so grateful cause I know Prayer changes things.

Other than this....I am just fine.

Terrie/mrs E

Photobucket
Message 1 of 24
latest reply
23 REPLIES 23

Re: OT: Update from Mrs E

Thank you everyone for your thoughts and prayers. I didnt mean to post and run...my days are a little mixed up sometimes.  Tomorrow are the tests.
I am not doing my store right now. I just wouldnt be able to accept that challenge right now.
I sure miss u all alot and coming here and reading and learning and for friendly fellowship.  I am so unfaithful right now to the things I would really like to do. Just kind of feel like life is on hold, sort of. Bless you all.

Mrs E waving at everyone.

Terrie/Mrs E

Photobucket
Message 16 of 24
latest reply

Hi there Mrs E / Terrie - lots of us here waving back at you and sending best mojo your way to help you and your daughter get through this next challenge. As Sandy said above, "hold her tight" - hugs and love heart are always a big help and you have lots of those to give.

Message 17 of 24
latest reply

Prayers said!  (((Hugs)))

Message 18 of 24
latest reply

(((((Mrs. E.))))) saying prayers for you and Dear DD while mixing a new batch of mojo. 

You can't fix crazy but you sure can document it.
Message 19 of 24
latest reply

More news!!   Bone scan was clear.  Thank you Lord! 
Ct revealed two tiny spots on the lung, two tiny spots on the liver, and a slightly enlarged adrenal gland. Dr wants to do a needle biopsy on the liver spot. She will have that done. His comments are vague on some things. She didnt get what he meant when he said, if the needle biopsy reveals liver cancer, then they would just maintain her life. What the heck does that mean? He skirted some issues and she is not happy about that. He said the tiny spots could be something or nothing. Ugh! Does that mean chemo will help the breast cancer, but not the liver if that is what it is.  Did not address the adreanl gland I guess that isnt his expertise. Said the spots on the lungs were nodes. 
Needless to say she feels as if she needs more clarity to know how to go forward.

Surgery is scheduled on June 5 for the double mastectomy
 I am not much help to her except as a listener and letting her talk. She always takes someone with her to take lots of notes as I cant do that. So please keep up the thoughts and prayers. It has certainly helped her to know so many are praying for her. She says it gives her stregth.

Photobucket
Message 20 of 24
latest reply

Miss E

A friend of mine just took a pic of this and posted it on FB, I'm thinking I'll pass this angel on to you and yours

11181197_902045553202783_2548025658992059727_n.jpg

Message 21 of 24
latest reply

Vernon ,

That angel is so beautiful ! Absolutely amazing ! What a wonderful thing to pass on to Mrs. E and her daughter .

Mermaid 🐳
Message 22 of 24
latest reply

Hi mermaid,

It's was so strange, I was on FB and a girl I went to school with posted this pic, saying she just had to share-that it was so unusual. Then I came over to the board to see what was going and I read about Miss E's daughter & I thought it was so appropriate.

Just passing it along-karma you know Smiley Happy

Pauline

Message 23 of 24
latest reply

Thank you so much for the angel. I have copied the pic. It is truly amazing how the Creator reveals Himself to us.

Photobucket
Message 24 of 24
latest reply