cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OT: Update from Mrs E

Hi everyone. Hope you all had a wonderful Mothers Day. I did too but also got some bad news.  My daughter Bev has breast cancer again. 3 yrs ago she had a lumpectomy and they went in three separate times to get clear margins.   

A sore came up on the side of her breast that had had the surgery. Terrible thing about the size of a nickel. She treated at home with antibiotic cream, which didnt touch it. At the dr's office he cultured it to determine what bacteria it may be so he could treat her accordingly. Two weeks later he is mystified. It is gut bacteria. He has no idea how it may have come to be on the breast.  Turns out after an ultrasound they find the lump under it. That has led to more tests this wed.  Dr didnt sound very hopeful that it hadnt spread/  She has already decided on the double mastectomy with reconstruction. The recommmeddations for therapies will come after the test results.

I havent been doing well with this. I cry alot and pray alot. It seems like a nightmare that has haunting me. I cant help her like a normal mom can cause I cant see. I cant help with the housework, laundry and meals. No I am really not feeling sorry for myself. It is what it is. 

So her ladies group has taken over everything from transportaion to meals. They dont want the family burdened with anything. I am so grateful.

She has a 11 yr old daughter and 16 yr old son still at home. My prayer is it is contained to one area. Would some of you who have prayer chains put Bev on your list? I would be so grateful cause I know Prayer changes things.

Other than this....I am just fine.

Terrie/mrs E

Photobucket
Message 1 of 24
latest reply
23 REPLIES 23

Mrs E, Prayers for your daughter Bev...

Hot freight...pays good...Inline's gots ta go...whoop & ride, Honey, whoop & ride...Clark T Berendes 2-5-78 to 7-5-10
Message 2 of 24
latest reply

God Bless You and your daughter Mrs E. and prayers out for you, your daughter, and her children.

Alex

Most used advice from my mother - Learn something new every day!
Message 3 of 24
latest reply

Mrs E, I will definitely add Bev to my prayers.

TEX
Message 4 of 24
latest reply

Consider it done.  I know it is hard for you both and the family.  Just hold each other tight.  Sending good mojo your way too.

Though the beauty may be in the butterfly, the struggle and growth occur in the cocoon.
Message 5 of 24
latest reply

Sorry to hear this Terri. Prayers sent up  

~~~Sarah~~~There's only ONE bad day when you love an animal
Message 6 of 24
latest reply

Mrs. E ,

Sorry that life is handing you such a challenge . Prayers for you , Bev , her children , and the rest of her family . Nothing but love coming your way .

💜 Mermaid
Message 7 of 24
latest reply

Praying for your daughter and all of your family & you Mrs. E for strenth and guidance and may the good Lord Bless you all!

Carolynheart

Message 8 of 24
latest reply

(((((((((((heart)))))))))))
Message 9 of 24
latest reply

Hope all turns out well. I said a prayer of healing for your daughter. God bless you and your family
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Go sell crazy someplace else, we're all stocked up here.

As Good as It Gets I absolutely love this movie
Message 10 of 24
latest reply

Healing thoughts and prayers coming your way for a positive outcome for your daughter and family.

I'm not a hoarder! There's a price tag on everything!
Message 11 of 24
latest reply

Adding my prayers, as well. I lost my mother to breast cancer when I was 16, so when I was diagnosed with it at 38 -- with an 8-year-old daughter at home -- I went straight to the bilateral mastectomies (even delayed reconstruction for a few years so I didn't have the extra surgery recovery to add to the chemo). I'm happy to say that was 16 years ago, and I've never regretted that decision! My daughter will be 24 this summer, and it's been such a blessing for me to be there for her!
Message 12 of 24
latest reply

So sorry your daughter is having to go through this!  Prayers have been said.

Message 13 of 24
latest reply

Sorry Mrs E., myself haven't heard from you in so long, and so terribly sorry for such bad news.

Please let us all not forget to donate whatever we can toward research on this terrible affliction that always looms over us and our family members.

Peace be.

Message 14 of 24
latest reply

Mrs. E so sorry to read this. I remember when she worked through this the first time.

Prayers and love to you and your daughter and the whole family.

DW

Photobucket

Message 15 of 24
latest reply