cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thrift store finds today...happy!

Hi I just wanted to share what I found at the thrift shop today! The two bows are marked Sterling, the other two aren't marked at all. Do you think the bottom was a buckle at one time and is the one on right a fur clip? I love thrift shops!!
Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

That is a dress clip...fur clips have 2  long single prongs

fur clip.png

~~~Sarah~~~There's only ONE bad day when you love an animal
Message 2 of 11
latest reply

Very nice finds, Wardbraun!!!! I love the bow with the green stone and the one with the maroon colored stones/cabs.

TEX
Message 3 of 11
latest reply

Congrats.

Though the beauty may be in the butterfly, the struggle and growth occur in the cocoon.
Message 4 of 11
latest reply

Very nice group of finds, from a thrift store no less!  I particularly like the dress clip.

I'm not a hoarder! There's a price tag on everything!
Message 5 of 11
latest reply

That 2-part piece is a belt buckle. Someone probably glues the pin back on. Since they left the vertical parts that hold the belt you probably can remove the pin back if you want to sell it as a buckle.

Nice haul 🙂
Message 6 of 11
latest reply

Thanks for all the nice comments! (How would I go about getting the glue off of the buckle if I remove pin?)
Message 7 of 11
latest reply

I love thos eold retro sterling pins

nail polish remover on a q-tip may loosen the glue

photo 0bd055e0-f76a-4f06-b6fc-f8dfa2c4abf8.jpgisn't sanity really just a one-trick pony anyway? I mean all you get is one trick, rational thinking, but when you're good and crazy, oooh, oooh, oooh, the sky is the limit
Message 8 of 11
latest reply

really nice stuff!! I never find anything like that in my stores any longer
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Go sell crazy someplace else, we're all stocked up here.

As Good as It Gets I absolutely love this movie
Message 9 of 11
latest reply

Yea, me too, if I find anything like this here it is at an estate sale. The thrifts have nothing this nice.

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

This particular thrift store is different. I don't even bother going to sal army or goodwill anymore hoping they missed something. I hate to say it but I think they take the good stuff for themselves. I've just noticed a big difference over the years. This is a family of faith owned shop. The people that work there are just the friendliest people! The lady that does the jewelry is as honest as the day is long. She also knows a lot about costume jewelry and seems to enjoy me getting some of their jewelry. She even holds her scraps (unsellable in the store) for me to buy at 8 to 10 dollars a bag. They truck donations in from the nicer (wealthier) areas. I bought a football helmet there for 20 and sold it for 200 (actually sold it for 125 first but didn't pay, did it as a buy it now to the next guy for 200!, Coach Mocs for 5 that sold for 60. I have another pair of coach pumps that I got for 10.00 there that I lost Monday night. Those items I won in their "silent auction" which I love!! I normally only sell things I can fit into a bubble envelope but sometimes a deal is a deal!
Message 11 of 11
latest reply