cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Managed Payments Fee Structure starting in July.

https://www.ecommercebytes.com/2020/05/09/ebay-ties-payment-fees-to-commissions-in-new-fee-structure...

Though the beauty may be in the butterfly, the struggle and growth occur in the cocoon.
Message 1 of 36
latest reply
35 REPLIES 35

Re: New Managed Payments Fee Structure starting in July.

@1940fc  one of them that seems to stick is that a buyer will not be able to open  a double case... I know that now they are not supposed to do it but  they still manage to do it. Once everyone is in MP  that will not be the case. Even if they go to their credit card which they will have 180 days eBay has more  pull than they did with PayPal and will be more difficult to prove  from the buyer's side. 

Also, they had a  charge per each transaction( buyer buying multiple items) but they are changing that to just one charge per order

ღஐƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒஐღ Patty ღஐƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒஐღ
Message 16 of 36
latest reply

Thanks Shoppingmom.  I did see that on the 30 cents per order & not per transaction.  That would have bothered me years back as I used to have lots of multi-sales  both on jools and clothing. 

I`m always had a bad naggy feel on that 180 charge back allow with CC`s..wonder if any sellers have ever had a prob with it.  Can you imagine selling something pricey & 6 months down the road buyer files a stoopid claim!@  Shudder!!    (not that I have to worry about that  LOL) 

~~~Sarah~~~There's only ONE bad day when you love an animal
Message 17 of 36
latest reply

@1940fc  I had that during the holidays... they filed after 60 days .... it was a nightmare and PayPal allowed it... they did try to fight it , lost and charged me for the chargeback... a MESS!!!

ღஐƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒஐღ Patty ღஐƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒஐღ
Message 18 of 36
latest reply

I just got around to reading this thread but I was just heading to bed.  I have to work tomorrow but I'll try to weigh in sometime during the day.  And yes, buyers can use PayPal as a form of payment and they can use Apple and Google Pay as well.  Quick word of advice... get a cash back credit card and pay your fees with that.  Every little bit helps 😉.  

I'm not a hoarder! There's a price tag on everything!
Message 19 of 36
latest reply

I’m curious what y’all think about eBay having access to your bank account.  Is anyone going to use a different account?  I have 2 accounts at my main bank.  One is smaller and linked to my Paypal account.  I was actually thinking of starting a new account at a different bank just to make sure everything is separate.  
Comments anyone?

Mermaid 🐳

Message 20 of 36
latest reply

Has anyone signed up for MP?

Kurt

Vic

Message 21 of 36
latest reply

Gentle bump 

Message 22 of 36
latest reply

Morning, Dana.

Ebay`s had access to my bank since day one..that`s how I signed up at first, before I jumped on the PP wagon. 

Never had a problem of anykind. The only thing I remember from it..they added a few pennies to my account..(at that time)  I had to go to the bank to confirm all was well with it.

It doesn`t  bother me that the money is gonna be deposited direct..it`s the unanswered question of WHEN  (I read too many conflicting statements on that.)..that & given their reputation of so many GLITCHES..and now I gotta transfer money back to PP if I wanna keep any in there to shop with.

Time frame..suppose a seller really needed money & listed  a pricey item knkowing it was a sure sale..then had to sit & wait till Ebay deposited the money..perhaps 3-4 days later..that just does not seem fair to me

Message 23 of 36
latest reply

Letting eBay or anyone for that matter have access to my bank account bothers me.  I pay almost all my bills online, but none are set up as auto payments.  Guess I'm old fashion that way.  I've thought about maybe setting up a separate account just for eBay.

Though the beauty may be in the butterfly, the struggle and growth occur in the cocoon.
Message 24 of 36
latest reply

@flipping_treasures   Buyers will have the option to use credit cards, PayPal, etc.  However, their money does not go to your PayPal account.  There will be no more money  going in to your PayPal account from eBay sales.

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 25 of 36
latest reply

So if they pay by PayPal the money goes to eBay, by passing my PayPal account, who then holds on to it until they transfer it to my bank, right?  

Message 26 of 36
latest reply

I've been in managed payments since last October.  There are so many changes to the entire program that the way it's been up until now doesn't really matter.  I would suggest getting a dedicated bank account with a cash back credit card attached for the money to flow into and fees paid out with a small amount of cash back.

I also see that you will be able to sell through GSP - something I haven't been able to do since October.  I think you will also be able to make charitable donations.  Again, something else I wasn't able to do.

When the program first started, there were many complaints about payouts that would take 3 to 5 days.  I think the processing time is about 2 days now.  It shouldn't matter since that money shouldn't be touched until the transaction is free and clear.

I always allowed my ebay money to accrue in PayPal and then would transfer funds into my bank account when needed.  Now they're accruing in my bank account so I do have a certain measure of control.  Ebay is pretty transparent about your payouts, so I never had a problem receiving payments.

I have sort of felt like a guinea pig since I've been in the program and they virtually stopped recruiting more members since October, but I have honestly had no problems, and now that they have made many improvements it will even be better.  Buyers now have more payment options, which will hopefully increase sales.  I think in the long run you'll like managed payments, but as with every change, it takes some getting used to.
I'm not a hoarder! There's a price tag on everything!
Message 27 of 36
latest reply

That`s the way I understand it, Sandy..but in reading discussions..many questions being asked, but no clear answers given.

From the email I got:

Here’s what you need to know about managed payments:

More ways for buyers to pay: Buyers can pay with credit, debit and gift cards, PayPal, PayPal Credit, Apple Pay or Google Pay.
One place to sell and get paid: You can access everything you need to sell and get paid, all on eBay, including a single source for fees, customized reports, refunds, simplified protections, tax documentation, and dedicated support.
Streamlined operations:
Easily ship to international buyers with our Global Shipping Program (GSP).
Integrations with top bookkeeping solutions such as GoDaddy, Xero, Quickbooks, and other platforms.
Payouts consistently available within two business days of an order confirmation, and deposited to your bank account weekly or daily as soon as funds are available.
Simplified fees:
Once activated for managed payments starting late July, you will pay only one final value fee1, consisting of a category-based percentage of the total amount of the sale, plus a $0.30 fixed fee per order, with no third-party payments processing fees (such as to PayPal).
Your final value fees will be automatically deducted from your sales proceeds, and the rest paid out to your bank account.
Most sellers can expect to see overall savings2. For full fee details, click here.
Registration is easy. You can register in a few simple steps, including verifying your business information and providing a bank account.

Message 28 of 36
latest reply

Hopefully dream will have time to give us the dirt on it all this weekend

Oops! She was here while I wuz typing 

Thanks, dream.  Guess I`ll just hold my breath & pray for no serious glitches.

Message 29 of 36
latest reply

In all of this I don't know if I am missing it or my brain is skipping it. How are refunds going to be handled? Normally you refund the same way they pay but if the money isn't going to my business paypal this is going to be a pain in the hinney. Most of the refunds that I have had is items not recieved in foriegn countries.
Message 30 of 36
latest reply