cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help needed with Rhinestone Necklace

Hi;

Any help with approx age and some keywords would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

-1.jpg

-2.jpg

-6.jpg

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Re: Help needed with Rhinestone Necklace

I cannot say for sure but the Halos around the round rhinestones and the hook were used by D&E. I tried to find the confirmation on a study group but it looks like there was a recent purge of topics. I think the hook might date this to the Last Generation era. Others with the Book might be able to be more helpful.

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

Not exactly yours but look for similarities here in #s 98 & 99:

http://imageevent.com/kjwshopping/detrainingalbums/denecklaceclasps?z=3&c=4&n=1&m=-1&w=4&x=0&p=97

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

Thank you so much old.crows.nest, I will look around at that site. Have a great day.

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

looks like D&E to me too

photo 0bd055e0-f76a-4f06-b6fc-f8dfa2c4abf8.jpgisn't sanity really just a one-trick pony anyway? I mean all you get is one trick, rational thinking, but when you're good and crazy, oooh, oooh, oooh, the sky is the limit
Message 5 of 11
latest reply

You might want to check here:

http://isitjulianajewelry.com/index.php?Jewelry_Styles=Necklace&Primary_Color=&Jewelry_Types=&Beaded...

and here:

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=oa.368957503295309&type=1&hc_location=ufi

Though the beauty may be in the butterfly, the struggle and growth occur in the cocoon.
Message 6 of 11
latest reply

Thank you cleio and flipping_treasures. I tried the facebook link and it doesn't work. Says it might have expired. I will look around on the other site.

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

Not sure why you can't get into the Is It Juliana page, because my understanding was that it is open to all, but my quick exploration didn't show your piece. However, the data base is still a work in progress, and my search wasn't as thorough as it might have bee .   I agree with OCN that your necklace has many characteristics of the later D & E (Juliana) pieces.  Because of the longer length to it (which I really like) my guess would be that it is from the 70s.  If you can get hold of Paula Knutson and Karla Wacker's book which focuses on more recent pieces, there are quite a few to compare it with.  Your library may have it or be able to get it on inter-library loan.  Wishing you luck in research, as this is a cool and very wearable necklace.

photo rose_zps07ff3a19.jpg
Kay
Message 8 of 11
latest reply

Hi;

I could access the Is It Juliana site, just not the Facebook site. I looked over the whole Is It Juliana site and didn't see my necklace. Some gorgeous pieces on there. Thanks for the info on the book and possible date of the necklace. I'll try and track down that book.

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

Wooooo that is one gorgeous necklace ! Sure looks like D&E quality to me . 

My first thought was 80's when rhinestones came back in a big way , also the " flowers " and bezel set ones remind me of the 1980's . Just some thoughts . 

Its glorious and beautiful ! 

Mermaid 🐋

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

Thank you so much Mermaid.
Message 11 of 11
latest reply