cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIRST QUARTERLY CHAT OF 2024 - JAN, FEB, MARCH

2024 Board.jpg

ALL

ARE WELCOME HERE.

Though the beauty may be in the butterfly, the struggle and growth occur in the cocoon.
Message 1 of 47
latest reply
46 REPLIES 46

Re: FIRST QUARTERLY CHAT OF 2024 - JAN, FEB, MARCH

Thanks!  Yes, I do see better.  Like I said, they are not what I would have chosen myself, but the minute I put them on, I knew they were just right.

Though the beauty may be in the butterfly, the struggle and growth occur in the cocoon.
Message 31 of 47
latest reply

WOW!  Talk about an amazing love  story..  if you`ve not seen it..you need to watch it..but be warned...you should have tissues ready!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-kq0V5jQo-0

~~~Sarah~~~There's only ONE bad day when you love an animal
Message 32 of 47
latest reply

WOW!  Thank you for sharing.  Those of us that have cared for loved ones, understand.  💕💔💓

Message 33 of 47
latest reply

Take a memory walk down the early  Rock & Roll  Age

https://www.msn.com/en-us/lifestyle/travel/incredible-vintage-photos-of-the-early-days-of-rock-n-rol...

Message 34 of 47
latest reply

I remember these times. 

We finally, after 4 months, are back in the camper!  Now we are in the midst of doing a bunch of gleaning/spring cleaning.  After a year of traveling in it we know what we use and what we don't.  

We are going East this year.  John and Michelle's sons, my grandsons, are in Maryland so we are going there and then working our way to Texas for the winter.

I am so far behind on everything!  I will need to put my nose to the grindstone to get things caught up.

Message 35 of 47
latest reply

Wow!  Has been a long time coming..I know ya`ll are thrilled to be back in action!  But was so very nice you had a great place to 'roost'. Michelle`s mom sounds like a sweetheart of a lady! 

Was it Jackie Gleason that used to say..."And awaaaaaaay we go!!" ? 😃

Message 36 of 47
latest reply

Hmmmmm..wonder how many joolies we can fit in one of these opulent 'shelters'?  😀

https://www.msn.com/en-us/travel/news/a-secret-underground-city-tour-the-world-s-largest-prepper-com...

LOL  It`s interesting & a fun read.  They may survive wars, & other disasters  & such....but  to survive the end of the world?

Don`t think so!  LOL 

Message 37 of 47
latest reply

Today`s word is....

ADORABLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/682999099769157824/

Message 38 of 47
latest reply

Love it!! The little boy also knows his driving skills going over that root. 

Message 39 of 47
latest reply

Absolutely, TOO CUTE!  Thank you for sharing.

Message 40 of 47
latest reply

Well, this is a Texas thing but thought I'd share, they're so beautiful this year. My bluebonnets. Down in the hill country they're so thick it hurts your eyes. It's supposed to be the best showing in many years.

2024_0323hampden0008.JPG2024_0323hampden0001.JPG2024_0323hampden0005.JPG2024_0323hampden0004.JPG

Larry

On the Chisholm Trail.
Message 41 of 47
latest reply

Oh how pretty they are, Larry!!     Are they difficult to grow? 

Thanks for sharing them with us! 

Have had a lot of Mason Bees around last 2 weeks..but unfortunately nothing for them to eat from. ☹️  But they`re probably nibbling on the trees from the looks of the pollen in the air  lol 

But the azaleas are getting ready to bloom..so they`ll be happy for awhile if they`re still here 

Message 42 of 47
latest reply

Sarah, I'd say they're easy to grow, plant seeds in Sept. They require good drainage and full sun. They produce seed pods which dry and release the seeds for next year. I guess the birds get their share. 

I love azaleas, tried them a couple of times with no luck. Our soil is not acidic enough I think. 

I'll grow tomatoes as usual this  year, and potaoes, peppers, okra.

Larry

On the Chisholm Trail.
Message 43 of 47
latest reply

I might just have to try some seeds  for the fun of it, on the front bank. 

I am sooooo ready for the temps to warm & stay so I can get my babies planted!  They`re gettin too big for their britches 😀

Had to set everything up in the guest room this year since Fredi  'owns' the front porch at night  lol I have 47 tomato plants &  probably as many assorted peppers.  This is all I start indoors

DSCN9608-Edited.jpg

Message 44 of 47
latest reply

There's going to be some canning going on at your place, LOL. My canning daughter moved out of state   (Grrrr...) so we're going to have to eat it all ourselves. Have a good harvest. 

Larry

On the Chisholm Trail.
Message 45 of 47
latest reply