cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Daniel Swarovski brooch

So, I found this brooch Saturday at the first garage sale I have been to in MONTHS! for the unbelievable price of $1.00. It is in the original box.  I have done some research and did find some on ebay but there appear to be two additional marks on the back of the one that I have than on the closed listing I found.  So, do yall think this is the real deal or do I have a knock-off?  Thanks for any help.  Claudia

DSC02436.JPG

DSC02438.JPG

DSC02432.JPG

Message 1 of 25
latest reply
24 REPLIES 24

Re: Daniel Swarovski brooch

I'm no expert but looks right to me
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Go sell crazy someplace else, we're all stocked up here.

As Good as It Gets I absolutely love this movie
Message 16 of 25
latest reply

The details of the CCM & Import Mark are details that I think fakes would not worry about including. (I also see the Rose but maybe not as clear as on a real Monitor.)
Message 17 of 25
latest reply

Thanks again, Arlene and OCN.  I looked up the Sheffield Rose and I am pretty sure that is what the "wheel" is.  It is so tiny but when I enlarge the photo it is does look like it.  Claudia. 

Message 18 of 25
latest reply

I found my Hallmark Book and it looks like in 1999 the Hallmark Convention made Import marks between EU Member countries obsolete. I think that might also apply to the UK and might help date this?
Message 19 of 25
latest reply

OCN, I've also been checking this out and agree with your observation that import marks are obsolete now that the CCM is used across the EU.

If this is the Rose used by the Sheffield assay office, this means  that it the sterling portion of the brooch was in fact MADE and assayed  in Sheffield.

I absolutely believe that this IS genuine Swarovski.

In all likelihood  Swarovski found a rather good deal with a manufacturing jeweler in  Sheffield at some point, and had these brooches made there, but the  crystals were set  in France, where the final assembly occurred, so that one could argue that this was indeed "made in France" as per the marking on the packaging.

This is the only way the Rose mark makes sense,  if this is the Sheffield mark. 

Message 20 of 25
latest reply

Extraordinary brooch, Claudia, and my gut also tells me the marks are right as rain.  Love the in-depth research OCN and Arlene are providing.  What a great find!

I'm not a hoarder! There's a price tag on everything!
Message 22 of 25
latest reply

I know, dream.  They are amazing.  Love this board.  Claudia

Message 23 of 25
latest reply

Just had this listing show up in completed search:

eBay item number:

This is the same Marks as with your Brooch and the listing has images of Official Paperwork.
Message 24 of 25
latest reply

Well that answers the question, what kind of bird is it?  Quite a price spread between the two completed auctions, but that's ebay for you.

I'm not a hoarder! There's a price tag on everything!
Message 25 of 25
latest reply