cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Militaria Collector's Corner

robin@ebay.com
Enthusiast
Hello and welcome to the Militaria Collector's Corner!

This is a special thread dedicated to all who love collecting Militaria and would appreciate chatting with others who share this interest! We hope this dedicated little corner will give you a way to more easily meet others in the community that share your interests.

Come in and make yourself at home! Tell us about your Militaria collections, your first piece, your favorite item, your favorite eBay find, share the histories behind your items--share share share!

A picture is always an enjoyable way to share with others, so feel free to use them here. If you need them, instructions for adding images to your posts are available from a thread at the top of this board.

Enjoy! ;0)

Robin
eBay
Community Development
---------------------------------------------------
Click here to read the latest community Newsletter
Click here for information on how to contact eBay with your questions and concerns

Click here to read the rules for posting to our boards.
Robin's About page

Message 1 of 1,071
latest reply
1,070 REPLIES 1,070

Re: Militaria Collector's Corner

I think this Militaria group is great and i'm sure there's a vast wealth of knowledge from a lot of members in this area.I recently posted a topic about a couple Civil War artifacts i found near the bank of the Tennessee River while digging a old outhouse,if any of ya'll could check out the thread it's one or two spots above this one on the discussion board and give me ANY info at all it would GREATLY appreciated.Thanks for your time and good luck in your collecting and searching of history!

Message 1021 of 1,071
latest reply

Greetings fellow militaria collectors,

First, I'm new so be gentle please. These may be very common questions or questions most people know already.

I was hoping for any information anyone may have on these buttons that were listed on ebay for auction.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320835177206&ssPageName=ADME:X:AAQ:US:1123

My brief research suggests that the Eagle clutching the anchor over three cannon balls is a WWII era naval button. Does anyone know who wore this type button ( Everyone/Officers/Enlistedmen/Gunners/Etc...)

The Eagle over the shield seems to be an Airforce insignea. Maybe WWII? Also, who wore this style button?

Thanks in advance for any help! 

Message 1022 of 1,071
latest reply

After 10 years I wonder if robin@ebay is still out there.  I'm guessing not, but this has been an informative thread and I'm glad it got started.

Message 1023 of 1,071
latest reply

woodyz58
Enthusiast

My Father was an Elite Guard at Nuremberg Trials. I would love to find some geniune pins and patches for that detail.He was one of the White helmet MP's within the court room near the Large wooden doors.I do have a picture from the Archives but, cannot tell if  it is him because he was about 19 yr of age at the time.Feel free to contact me at KINGOWISH@MSN.com

Message 1024 of 1,071
latest reply

I just thought that everyone within the Militaria Collector's Corner might like to know about the WWI era wax seal matrix that I am auctioning off. It is a one of a kind. The ebay page is http://www.ebay.com/itm/280821560908

Here is a picture:

USS Fairfax wax seal matrix

Message 1025 of 1,071
latest reply

ironartist777
Enthusiast

Can anyone tell me anything about this small military gas can? It is marked U.S. 1/4 Gal 1943 on the bottom and has a lid designed for pouring small amounts at a time through a specially designed tube on the lid. Was this a personally carried item for backpacking? See attached photos.

Message 1026 of 1,071
latest reply

ironartist777
Enthusiast

Hey, I found the answer to my question on the gas can. It is a can that was used by Mountaneering Troops in WWII.

Message 1027 of 1,071
latest reply

Any help on this miltaria holster?

Message 1028 of 1,071
latest reply

I am attempting to identify this medallion. It appears to be a Soviet/U.S. peace medalion of some kind. No luck with answers on the internet. I'm interested in the time period, event linked to it's distribution, age, and rarity. Any guidance would be appreciated.

Message 1029 of 1,071
latest reply

Has anybody else found that a certain seller from Canberra seems to have a lot of "Newbie" bids on his items to either push up the price, or, if it is not as much as he hoped for, win the auction. Some of his bidders only ever bid on his items or have never bid on anything ever again.

Message 1030 of 1,071
latest reply

"shilling", phantom bidding, whatever you call it has been around forever.  The only way to defeat it is to stick the seller with his own product and still have to pay the buying and selling fees.

Message 1031 of 1,071
latest reply

For those that collect WWII items. Would there be any interest in a WWII Wooden Crate from the Army Signal Corp? It's stamped on box that it once carried a tool kit. Not in the best shape, but all together. No lid. It is just so darn heavy, I'm wondering if anyone would want to pay shipping on such an item! Thanks for your input! No pic's at this time.

Message 1032 of 1,071
latest reply

What are the dimensions of the crate and approx weight?

Message 1033 of 1,071
latest reply

What are the dimensions of the crate and approx weight?

It weighs about 20 lbs. without shipping materials.

Built with 3/4" slats and nails.

The crate measures approximately:

28 1/2" Long X  17 1/2" Wide  X  12 3/4" Tall.

Guess they wanted it to last and so it has. Came from MO to New Jersey and then to Colorado!

Message 1034 of 1,071
latest reply

Hello, I have this vintage rifle cleaning kit and am trying to find out where and when it's from. I believe it's from WWI, but I'm not sure. I've searched it thouroghly and can't find any markings, numbers etc. I will attach some photos .

Thank you very much!

Have a nice day! 🙂

Message 1035 of 1,071
latest reply