cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Militaria Collector's Corner

robin@ebay.com
Enthusiast
Hello and welcome to the Militaria Collector's Corner!

This is a special thread dedicated to all who love collecting Militaria and would appreciate chatting with others who share this interest! We hope this dedicated little corner will give you a way to more easily meet others in the community that share your interests.

Come in and make yourself at home! Tell us about your Militaria collections, your first piece, your favorite item, your favorite eBay find, share the histories behind your items--share share share!

A picture is always an enjoyable way to share with others, so feel free to use them here. If you need them, instructions for adding images to your posts are available from a thread at the top of this board.

Enjoy! ;0)

Robin
eBay
Community Development
---------------------------------------------------
Click here to read the latest community Newsletter
Click here for information on how to contact eBay with your questions and concerns

Click here to read the rules for posting to our boards.
Robin's About page

Message 1 of 1,071
latest reply
1,070 REPLIES 1,070

Re: Militaria Collector's Corner

@58-mpala wrote:

They are German. Stück means basically per or each as in on each. GEPR is some type of proofmark but I have no idea of the meaning. It appears to be a microphone for a telephone handset.

Thank you! Good info.

Message 1066 of 1,071
latest reply

I'm so happy to find this forum. I am slowly going through my father's military items and try to research before listing but am getting stumped at times. That said, a little background-my father served in the Marine's from 7 Sept 45-3 Mar 47 in China, and then in the Army from 19 Apr 50-18 Apr 53 in Germany. He was also in the Marine reserves on and off until 1959.

Today's questions-Can someone explain the difference between USMC EAG pins that do and don't have ropes? Please see the attached for an example.

Also, any ideas on the age of the gold pin? All I can see is an "M" stamped on one wing.

many thanks in advance

Message 1067 of 1,071
latest reply

Rope was featured on U.S.M.C. officer and enlisted headgear ornaments, beginning in 1868. Rope was added to enlisted collar devices in 1955, but was not part of officer collar devices until 1962.

Message 1068 of 1,071
latest reply

Degree of Pocahontas.

The Women's Auxilliary of the Improved Order of Red Men.

Not a military unit, but a fraternal organization.

Message 1069 of 1,071
latest reply

Thank you!

Message 1070 of 1,071
latest reply

I have just Discovered this community page and wish to post some information about a seller who is selling fakes as real and then Because he is not in America claims he does not get your return and ebay sides with him in the resolution so you dont have the item and you dont have your money returned. it says to start a "new Message " Link but I dont see it ?? any help would be welcomed. 

Message 1071 of 1,071
latest reply