cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Militaria Collector's Corner

robin@ebay.com
Enthusiast
Hello and welcome to the Militaria Collector's Corner!

This is a special thread dedicated to all who love collecting Militaria and would appreciate chatting with others who share this interest! We hope this dedicated little corner will give you a way to more easily meet others in the community that share your interests.

Come in and make yourself at home! Tell us about your Militaria collections, your first piece, your favorite item, your favorite eBay find, share the histories behind your items--share share share!

A picture is always an enjoyable way to share with others, so feel free to use them here. If you need them, instructions for adding images to your posts are available from a thread at the top of this board.

Enjoy! ;0)

Robin
eBay
Community Development
---------------------------------------------------
Click here to read the latest community Newsletter
Click here for information on how to contact eBay with your questions and concerns

Click here to read the rules for posting to our boards.
Robin's About page

Message 1 of 1,071
latest reply
1,070 REPLIES 1,070

Can someone please help identify this pin? FIL was WW2 Army vet. Tiny gold letters say "NAC."
Any help is VERY much appreciated!
Thanks!
Message 856 of 1,071
latest reply

secgon
Enthusiast
i have postcards from ww2 are they worth anything.
Message 857 of 1,071
latest reply

secgon-Photo of the postcards would help. Depending on condition and subject, they might have a lot of value.
Message 858 of 1,071
latest reply

whiskysix
Scout
Probably. My wife sells old postcards. It depends a lot on the cards, and how they're presented. My wife sells postcards, but not too systematically. Her best stuff was in the ten dollar range for one card.

- Dennis

--

Of course the game is rigged. Don't let that stop you--if you don't play, you can't win.
-Robert Heinlein
Message 859 of 1,071
latest reply

secgon
Enthusiast
ok i dig them out and take scans of them for on here.would that be ok.
Message 860 of 1,071
latest reply

Message 861 of 1,071
latest reply

hello everyone. I am new to the discussion realm. I have a question! I recently purchased a lot of WW2 German items included hat pins, arm bands and photos. the arm bands are fabulous but they have the dreaded Swatzika on them. is there anyway I can list them on ebay with a link to a web page photo?
I do not support the Nazi idealism or what they did in WW2 rather I believe that these items need to be preserved by someone so that we can remember what happened.
any info would be greatly appreciated!
Message 862 of 1,071
latest reply

Anything with a swastica is subject to deletion and possible suspension of the lister.
Message 863 of 1,071
latest reply

dg0557
Enthusiast
ASCOMO was a component of the Sixth Army with HQ in Manila during 1945 following the Liberation of the Philipines.

ASCOMO means Army Service Command O, or more precisely, Army Service Command "Olympic". ASCOMO was assigned the task of planning "Operation Olympic", phase 1 of "Operation Downfall" -- the forced invasion and occupation of Japan.

(Phase 2 of Downfall was known as Operation Coronet and had its own planning group called ASCOMC.)

Olympic would have landed forces on the southern island of Kyushu in Nov 1945, followed by Coronet in March 1946 to land invasionary forces in Northern Japan, principally on the main island, Honshu.

The plans were not executed due to Japan's surrender, but ASCOMO was tasked with recoverting the Operation Coronet plan from an invasion support plan into "Operation Blacklist", an occupation support plan. Blacklist was executed and was the work of ASCOMO.
Message 864 of 1,071
latest reply

Hello - I'm looking for help finding the origins of a green gray jacket with buttons decorated with radiating crosses. The quality of the construction and workmanship seems to say it is some form of military jacket.
Any info would be appreciated-

http://www.123imagehost.com/uploads/2492-976-ebayagain_029.jpg
http://www.123imagehost.com/uploads/2492-934-ebayagain_034.jpg

http://www.123imagehost.com/uploads/2492-778-ebayagain_035.jpg
Message 865 of 1,071
latest reply

The color and crosses on the buttons lead me to believe it is Swiss.
Message 866 of 1,071
latest reply

Any pictures available,thanks ..gary Dove3ducks
Message 867 of 1,071
latest reply

Again Der_adler1, I thank you,---Catface
Message 868 of 1,071
latest reply

Oh, just discovered the Militaria corner - didn't know this existed.

Is there any value to a beverage ration book from Vietnam era? FIL served 2 tours there and btought home an almost full ration book - not much of a drinker, he. Completely intact except for one strip removed from the "Oct - Nov 1968 One Bottle Liquor."

I believe it was issued out of Korea but he was in Vietnam - would that be correct?

Or should I just stick it in the drawer with other memorabilia? I just can't bring myself to throw any of these things away.

Thanks for your help, y'all.
GPSA Glass & Pottery Sellers' Association * NAVT
Needle Arts & Vintage Textiles Board * Facebook
Group Blocked Bidders List - eBay BBL
Message 869 of 1,071
latest reply

Hi,I would like to post a picture from photobucket here to see if any of you can help me with information about a trench fighting dagger that I have. I've only posted once before and can't remember how. Also it was so large that it burned out peoples' retinas.So I am asking for help on how to adjust the size as well.
Help please!
Message 870 of 1,071
latest reply