cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Militaria Collector's Corner

robin@ebay.com
Enthusiast
Hello and welcome to the Militaria Collector's Corner!

This is a special thread dedicated to all who love collecting Militaria and would appreciate chatting with others who share this interest! We hope this dedicated little corner will give you a way to more easily meet others in the community that share your interests.

Come in and make yourself at home! Tell us about your Militaria collections, your first piece, your favorite item, your favorite eBay find, share the histories behind your items--share share share!

A picture is always an enjoyable way to share with others, so feel free to use them here. If you need them, instructions for adding images to your posts are available from a thread at the top of this board.

Enjoy! ;0)

Robin
eBay
Community Development
---------------------------------------------------
Click here to read the latest community Newsletter
Click here for information on how to contact eBay with your questions and concerns

Click here to read the rules for posting to our boards.
Robin's About page

Message 1 of 1,071
latest reply
1,070 REPLIES 1,070

It worked! ok here is a picture of the cuff from the same pants --- http://www.123imagehost.com/uploads/2492-713-canadapantcuff.JPG

I also wanted to thank der_adler1 for the input, now I just have to figure of what country they do belong to.
Message 841 of 1,071
latest reply

Wow. Hope I can find my way back here. Could someone tell me about this uniform? I picked it up at a thrift store and don't know if it's real. Two of the gold badges and one patch were in the pocket, not sewn on, and I have the feeling the transport badge was moved from sleeve to lapel. The piece looks fairly new. The fabric content isn't marked but it looks and feels like it is at least part wool.Anyway, I'm curious about it and hope someone recognizes the patches (I know the buttons mark it as Army).

Message 842 of 1,071
latest reply

Catface-From the color and the leather straps, but mostly from the ink stamp, I would guess Swiss.
Message 843 of 1,071
latest reply

Again, der_adler1, I truly thank you.
Message 844 of 1,071
latest reply

Hi,:-) I have been trying for 6 months to figure out if the box of patches were off of a american military uniform or a german one . I got a collection saved from 1918 of a soilder who was in the 111 th A E F It is the letters of an American Soilder and some documents . I would love some more imformation from someone who is knowledgeble on this I have had some good bidders several times. I cant get pictures on this site just red x's so I may not have java script . I realized from this collection what a soilder gets out of going to war or at least what this one felt. I hope this does not break any rules I have the pictures on the auction lots of them . He tells of sleeping in fox holes full of water and then at last a 3 story house in France with the biggest most comfortable bed and there is a picture of a bunch of young men jumping in a swimming pool , I think the 3 story house is in the background .
Message 845 of 1,071
latest reply

if they are patches, they are probably American. The Germans did not use patches extensively in WWI.
Message 846 of 1,071
latest reply

Who can direct me to images/ID of South Vietnam Officers' insignia: 1) cloth collar & 2) brass/metal collar? Many thanks. Nat Ward VN '67
Message 847 of 1,071
latest reply

Hi there.. I have two German pins, both screwbacks. Can anyone tell me a site I can go to to try and identify them? any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
Message 848 of 1,071
latest reply

obbie-If you post photos here we will do what we can to help identify your pins.
Message 849 of 1,071
latest reply

Hello,
I hope I'm doing this correctly.
Can anyone give me any idea of age or where (on shipboard?) these plates would have been used.
They are either tin or aluminum and say USN on the reverse.

Thanks in advance!
Message 850 of 1,071
latest reply

The officer's mess?
Message 851 of 1,071
latest reply

My father-in-law brought these back from the Phillipines in WWII. They are lenses and prisms along with a periscope-type optical device. He says he doesn't really know exactly what they are (were) used for, although a guess is a periscope for a tank? He is sure they are Japanese. The eyepiece device is marked NIKKO. Any insight as to what these are, how they were used (especially the prisms) would be appreciated. Is this something that would be of interest to collectors? THANKS.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Message 852 of 1,071
latest reply

Hi everyone. I found this pin in a costume jewelry box. I think it might be civil war- but as I was reading up on a site this morning it mentioned crossed rifles were used after the civil war. I also used the initials P V and it mentioned the Pennsylvania volunteers. If it is that then I assume the 132 is 132nd infantry. I also saw some NRA medals that seemed to use the cross rifles. Any help on what this is would be very much appreciated-Mark

Message 853 of 1,071
latest reply

arjaykay845-It looks like a combination of tank and artillery spotting optics. The rectangular optics are from the tank and the full device at the bottom of the photo is part of a spotting system.
Message 854 of 1,071
latest reply

Thanks der_adler1 !
Message 855 of 1,071
latest reply