cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Militaria Collector's Corner

robin@ebay.com
Enthusiast
Hello and welcome to the Militaria Collector's Corner!

This is a special thread dedicated to all who love collecting Militaria and would appreciate chatting with others who share this interest! We hope this dedicated little corner will give you a way to more easily meet others in the community that share your interests.

Come in and make yourself at home! Tell us about your Militaria collections, your first piece, your favorite item, your favorite eBay find, share the histories behind your items--share share share!

A picture is always an enjoyable way to share with others, so feel free to use them here. If you need them, instructions for adding images to your posts are available from a thread at the top of this board.

Enjoy! ;0)

Robin
eBay
Community Development
---------------------------------------------------
Click here to read the latest community Newsletter
Click here for information on how to contact eBay with your questions and concerns

Click here to read the rules for posting to our boards.
Robin's About page

Message 1 of 1,071
latest reply
1,070 REPLIES 1,070

Will list Rare German Map Sat.Sept 1 Thanks
Message 721 of 1,071
latest reply

WWII U.S. Navy Winter Wool Uniform Tops...
I have one with a P.O. Rating I can't seem to 'find'
The image is two ??telescopes maybe?? periscopes perhaps?? crossed under the eagle and above the chevrons.

The PO 3rd Class was a submarine man and also bore a Ruptured Duck on his winter woolies.

I've had a rough time finding the WWII Navy ratings patches online...

You can find an image of the same patch here
Message 722 of 1,071
latest reply

deradler1
Thrill-Seeker
The image is of two crossed guns. The PO is a gunners mate.

http://www.chinfo.navy.mil/navpalib/ranks/ratings/admin.html
-
deradler1

Der Adler Military Artifacts
German Military items
Message 723 of 1,071
latest reply

Thanks so much, I've added that page to my research links! 🙂
Message 724 of 1,071
latest reply

Hello. Can anyone help with the era of this photo? Thanks for looking, Patti.

Message 725 of 1,071
latest reply

bananabread
Enthusiast
I live in South Korea and will be visiting Vietnam next month...I know nothing about militaria, but I imagine there are a lot of collectors out there who would be interested in things I might come across in these 2 countries. Can anyone out there give me any leads as to what I should be looking out for? Your help would be much appreciated. Thanks!
Message 726 of 1,071
latest reply

A friend bought war relics from local people in Vietnam. Customs agents took them away when he got to the airport to leave. That's all I know.
*************** What follows is sig line*************
I collect fine cannon models, full-size antique cannons and artillery accouterments.
Message 727 of 1,071
latest reply

bananabread
Enthusiast
Yeah, I just found out that it's actually illegal to take any antiques or relics from the war out of Vietnam. Customs agents will confiscate them.
Message 728 of 1,071
latest reply

santanls
Enthusiast
I have been learning more and more every day on WWII pieces, it has alot of interesting subjects. I started my reserch after a uncle of mine pass away and I found several items from I guess he was in the war. I wish I would have know about them before he passed away, I think they would have been very interesting stories. One of the items I am still trying to find out about is a dagger...... it is a NSFK Fliers Knife.... I would like to get your opinion about it. I also have a German song book... since I do not read German I'm not sure exactly what the songs are about. Someone said they are friendly war time songs. Now all I need to figure out is how to add the picture. Can u point me in the right direction for adding pictures to this message.
Message 729 of 1,071
latest reply

Hi all,
I posted this on another Ebay collectors board but am thinking this might be a more logical place.
I'm new here and looking for help identifying/valuing some medals that were given to me as a kid.
I've searched all over the net and found some but not all and still don't have much clue about values. Is there a way to post pics on this forum?

I have one medal posted which I think is of little value:
130025828082 but I'm reluctant to post the rest til I have a more educated guess.

Thanks,
John
Charleston, SC
Message 730 of 1,071
latest reply

deradler1
Thrill-Seeker
Just a note that there are other fradulent sellers that inhabit other sales sites. I purchased a book from ABE books back in March and now the seller, antiquariat-im-internet, claims that he never recieved payment.

UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHOULD YOU PURCHASE FROM THIS SELLER.

He has been sending harrassing and threatening e-mails and I have been forced to contact the authorities.

-
deradler1

German Military items
Message 731 of 1,071
latest reply

jensyardsale
Enthusiast
Hello everyone sorry to post this here if it isn't supposed to be here.. some people yell and scream.. but I read thru and it looks like the thing to do ..... I posted it in my other ebay groups and basically everyone had no idea so ya all are my last resort...

Okies dokies kidos,.. I found this totally cool hat at a thrift store tried to do some research and have really found nothing... what I did find out is that the company that made it went out of business at least 60 years ago.. but before that they were in business in the 1800"s making US army stuff swords , hats uniforms... etc.. they also made stuff for secret societies.. and loyal orders.. I have had ZERO luck finding anything remotely close

Its made with feathers on the top of the hat.. the black sides which is wearing off is actual animal fur... maybe horse??

Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com

Message 732 of 1,071
latest reply

deradler1
Thrill-Seeker
It is a hat belonging to a member of Knights Templar.

Here is a link to another example:

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.phoenixmasonry.org/masonicmuseum/images/Chappeau2.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.phoenixmasonry.org/masonicmuseum/kt_chapeau.htm&h=592&w=460&sz=53&hl=en&start=4&tbnid=SpvIFr7rUm9tCM:&tbnh=135&tbnw=105&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dknights%2Btemplar%2Bhat%26svnum%3D10%26hl%3Den%26lr%3D%26rls%3DGGLJ,GGLJ:2006-31,GGLJ:en%26sa%3DN
-
deradler1

German Military items
Message 733 of 1,071
latest reply

jensyardsale
Enthusiast
Ohhh jeeez super sorry about that sideways scroll.. don't know how that happened...
And thanks for the link... does anyone know anything about them? I was wondering about the stripes .. and the way it was decorated.. I wish everything I would find would come with the history...LOL
Message 734 of 1,071
latest reply

chgo1973
Enthusiast
Looking for a little help on a old pistol magazine I have found out its from the French gunmaker le francais
It looks to be for a 32 or 25 auto small cal. I am trying to find out what gun its for and if its worth anything. I will try to post a couple of pic of it any input would help thanks.
Message 735 of 1,071
latest reply