cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Militaria Collector's Corner

robin@ebay.com
Enthusiast
Hello and welcome to the Militaria Collector's Corner!

This is a special thread dedicated to all who love collecting Militaria and would appreciate chatting with others who share this interest! We hope this dedicated little corner will give you a way to more easily meet others in the community that share your interests.

Come in and make yourself at home! Tell us about your Militaria collections, your first piece, your favorite item, your favorite eBay find, share the histories behind your items--share share share!

A picture is always an enjoyable way to share with others, so feel free to use them here. If you need them, instructions for adding images to your posts are available from a thread at the top of this board.

Enjoy! ;0)

Robin
eBay
Community Development
---------------------------------------------------
Click here to read the latest community Newsletter
Click here for information on how to contact eBay with your questions and concerns

Click here to read the rules for posting to our boards.
Robin's About page

Message 1 of 1,071
latest reply
1,070 REPLIES 1,070

Re: Militaria Collector's Corner

Thanks again to you, like_last_weeks_seafood, you really know your stuff and you were a tremendous help to me. You should change your name to caviar!!!
Message 496 of 1,071
latest reply

PBS series "Warship."

Last night I watched the issue on "Carriers" and was highly impressed. Often things made for TV are like coffee-table books-all show and little substance. But this show was packed with details and historical films I've never seen.

I've dealt with naval history both in my navy career and privately, and had some courses in it. I think the show stands out among documentaries for its comprehensiveness and, from what I could see, accuracy.

I'm "turned off" by the many publications and films that are inaccurate, and was therefore very pleased with this one. There are four one-hour films in the series which can be had from PBS for about $30.
*************** What follows is sig line*************
I collect fine cannon models, full-size antique cannons and artillery accouterments.
Message 497 of 1,071
latest reply

Looking for someone who fixes McClellan saddles. I have one, which I bought on Ebay, that needs to be properly fitted with quarter straps, cinch straps, and a few other items.It's in good shape, and I can't wait to use it. I believe it to be a M1904, and would like to use it to for CW reenacting.
If you know someone, or would like to quote me a price, feel free.
Thanks so much!
Rose
Message 498 of 1,071
latest reply

ghostwriter318
Enthusiast
i am new here and i have just one question if someone can help. i hope i am in the right place. can anyone tell me about the bismarck? i looked today at a rather large scale model. it measures-8 feet 3 and 1/4 inches long. 27 and 1/2 inches high and 14 inches wide. it also has the nazi flag on it, worn but intact. it has the guns, the uboats and has a lot of detail.if i posted this wrong or didn't do it right please forgive me and let me know. thanks. i just wanted to know if anyone knows anything about it.
Message 499 of 1,071
latest reply

schoolhousejunkie
Enthusiast
Hello everyone. i hope i am in the right place to ask this question. I have aquired a 1962 Lovelace Nuclear Bomb Effects Computer. It works like a slide rule but round. Very interesting piece. Would this be interesting to sell and if so what category or catagories and value?
many thanks

http://www.glowfoto.com/images/2005/02/03-1848092575T.jpg
Message 500 of 1,071
latest reply

Hi, many years ago I found an old book from world war 2. Inside was a card that regulated sex on military bases. It looks real, but could possibly be a joke card. Does anyone know what it might be?
Message 501 of 1,071
latest reply

snj_mcartor
Enthusiast
Hi folks,
In regards to the Nuke comp. It is an interesting piece indeed. Sadly I dont think there is a tremendous value in it. I have never seen one sell but based off similar stuff I know of I would say between $15-$35.. maybe start it at $14.99 and see what happens. I have seen some common stuff sell for a mint here and yours might be that item. I would suggest placing it in the militaria category under the listing for Viet Nam items. For the guy with the WW2 SEX REGULATIONS. I have never seen one of those either although if it were real it would not surprise me. It may be something that was distributed on base to soldiers about to deploy overseas warning them of VD because they did hand those out to many troops as a way to warn against the solicitation of prostitutes. Check and see if you can see anything that says "U.S. Government Printing Office" or that would indicate any other type of Government printing. If you find something like that than odds are it is real since Uncle Sam did not (and still doesent for that matter) like people printing up jokes and sticking the Governments name on it.
Message 502 of 1,071
latest reply

bargintwister
Enthusiast
I'm trying to post a message to find information on the possible value of a wwi reco. pilots trunk filled with related stuff. I have his swaggard stick, tech. manuals on planes and engines by wright bros. Also the british manuals of the same.I have all of his paperwork, pilots card, military id, enlistment through separation papars. He was the highest ranking officer in his squardron and possibly one of the first recon. pilots, in the military. The WW1 paperwork starts with his letter to his mom and wife explaining america's big chance to do their part in the great war. A cartoon picture of him making a three point planding in a sop. To the orders he received by Pershing to keep his troops in check on their way back home. He served in the 89 avi. It gets better, Since he was a recon pilot, I have a very large photo album, that begins with large arial pictures of a city and it reads on the bottom, the first american attack. He past away in the early 60s and his memory was honored by president kennedy. I wish i knew how to post the pictures. I have his uniform bars, wings, and buttons, patches etc. The field cameras that took the pictures. The pictures of the first american bombing attack, could be the only ones in existance. I would be thankful for any information received. Several military collectors could not give me a price range of the collection, because they have never seen anything like it before. All pictures have the related military writing. The plane he flew has photos in large letters under his wings. I could go on and on. There's dozens and dozens of items. He even signed the censor marks on his own letters, so were they really censored? Thank you for any reponses. My email address is jwestlake3@msn.com
Message 503 of 1,071
latest reply

lindyking
Enthusiast
HI, I'd just like a little feedback on where you think an item should be listed.
Have: rare - Americana- Architectural Plans for Top Secret Military base at the top of the Hollywood hills- used as Pacific central operations WWII.

Is this Memorabilia, collectibles, Americana, Military, Hollywood or what?
Any clues or guesses?
Phil
Message 504 of 1,071
latest reply

dadsauctions
Enthusiast
Hello, I have some military buttons and I was wondering about civil war buttons and if there is a easy way to tell the difference between origional period buttons and all the reproductions they make these days. Thanks, dadsauctions
Message 505 of 1,071
latest reply

Dads-take the buttons to a Civil War or militaria dealer. It is hard for layman to tell the diff-the dealers will be able to tell.
I collect fine cannon models, full-size antique cannons and artillery accouterments.
Message 506 of 1,071
latest reply

mustangmom
Enthusiast
Hello all. Any idea who these military guys are and where is this place?
Many thanks

http://www.glowfoto.com/images/2005/02/17-2044397526T.jpg
Message 507 of 1,071
latest reply

mustang-"military guys?" I see four people, one in an expensive-looking fur-collared leather coat, who is probably some kinda bigshot, or maybe medium-shot, but I don't see a uniform. The one 3rd from left may be dressed as a chauffer of the 1940's. The word on the sign looks like maybe Polish? The people's faces look consistent with Eastern Europe somewhere. The sign definitely seems like it is in one of the Slavic languages. Warsaw?
Message 508 of 1,071
latest reply

deradler1
Thrill-Seeker
New militaria Group....

Come and join the new Militaria Collectors Group....

It is a place to come and share information and show off your prized posessions....
-
deradler1

Der Adler Military Artifacts
German Military items
Message 509 of 1,071
latest reply

so...de...did you intend to put in a link, or is it obvious to those smarter-than-me where that is?
Message 510 of 1,071
latest reply