cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just Became a MaryKay consultant-but why can't I sell it on Ebay?? HELP

Hello everyone! I'm not a newbie to the boards, I'm a regular on the CCBoard (Childrens Clothing Boutique) I'm a Powerseller here on Ebay of infant/toddler/and Jr clothing and I just became a new MaryKay consultant!~

May I ask for some advice? I've been told in a very blunt manner that I'm not *allowed* to sell my product here on Ebay. WHY? Why I buy my inventory, aren't I allowed to do with it what I want?

Help!

Thanks
Carrie 🙂
Message 1 of 36
latest reply
35 REPLIES 35

Re: Just Became a MaryKay consultant-but why can't I sell it on Ebay?? HELP

You're all missing the point. The reason MK doesn't want you to sell on ebay is because they are a thinly disguised pyramid scheme. Ever bought MK from a consultant? You can't buy thing one without listening to their recruitment speech. They don't make much money from selling product, they make money from recruiting others to sell product. If they allow you to sell on ebay then the whole business scheme fails. 

Having said that, I do like their products and I use them myself.  I'm just realistic about what kind of company they are and I want no part of the selling side.

Message 31 of 36
latest reply

I find it amusing that many of the these MLM companies aka pyramid schemes advertise themselves as wanting to empower women, lift them up, blah, blah, puke when in reality they don't care. Thirty-One Gifts is another one who encourages consultants to tattle on others that stray from the confines of their contract. The MLMs are too ignorant or selfish to care that it's nearly impossible for any consultant to actually make a living selling this stuff locally due to consultant saturation. Allowing at least retired items to be sold online would actually make them more money. Hypocrites.
Message 32 of 36
latest reply

If you're not a Rep then how are you getting these products?  Are they authentic? Are you in partnership with a current Rep? How much are you paying for them, wholesale?  Just curious. 

Message 33 of 36
latest reply

All companies like Herbalife ,Mary kay not aloud to sale..but I think here is problem from ebay also. Thay should block all people listings..because I check some people sale ages ..and no one stop them. I put my listings and they been moved after week..not really happy 

Message 34 of 36
latest reply

Login to your intouch and click on legal, and you will learn what is allowed under your Mary Kay contract. Mary Kay Business Model is direct sales or direct selling company. Selling products to the consumer out of a non-retailing environment.

Message 35 of 36
latest reply

Mary Kay doesn't leave consultants stuck with returns, they reimburse them for ALL returns. JS
Message 36 of 36
latest reply