cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discontinued Hair Products you wish they still made!

ouroldtoybox
Enthusiast
Why do they make a great product that works excellent for your hair and that other people like also, and then discontinue making it???

I wish they still made Matrix Essentials Sculpting Glaze and Matrix Simply Silk Detangling Rinse. Another fave of mine was the Matrix Vavoom Pomousse

Anyone in the same problem as me??
Message 1 of 183
latest reply
182 REPLIES 182

diapergiftsonline
Enthusiast
I was doing a google search on herbal essences max hold mousse (the older one which has been discontinued) and came upon this discussion board. Anyone have any clue what product is comparable to this one? My poor curly hair is suffering badly from herbal essences change to the newer, more usless mousses they are trying to sell and pass off as the original.

And in regards to the herbal essences shampoo, I never had the priveledge of trying the original one you guys keep talking about, but I do know that I never liked the herbal essences shampoos when I did start using the product many years ago.
Message 61 of 183
latest reply

I don't know if it's discontinued, but I can't find Fermo Caresse shampoo anywhere and I really miss it.
Message 62 of 183
latest reply

Oh, okay, it's all coming back to me now. I think it was by Fermodyl and the shampoo was pink, creamy and came in a tube, kind of like a big tube of toothpaste. I used it in the 70's and found it again in the late 80's, but now I can't find it anymore. Fermo Caress or Caresse.
Message 63 of 183
latest reply

Hey, I recently found out Pssssst is still being made! Just not by Clairol anymore. I didn't recognize the name of the company at all but it's the same name and just about the same spray can.

I ordered it in and put it on the shelf at work.

Out of my mind; back in five minutes

Message 64 of 183
latest reply

shoppingmermaid53
Enthusiast
Gee, Yout Hair Smells Terrific!!
Message 65 of 183
latest reply

traczzz
Rising Star
KMS Hair Stay. Not the California one they have now. :0(
Message 66 of 183
latest reply

msilva311
Enthusiast
Joico spray gel
Message 67 of 183
latest reply

smelly*kat
Enthusiast
I found an interesting article on this subject.

http://www.stuff4beauty.com/Beauty-Blog/?p=84

I found this thread to have a lot in common with my problem. Everytime I find a product that works for me, it seems that they discontinue it. Very frustrating!! I am currently looking for something to replace the John Frieda Ocean Waves - used to be $6 and even on ebay you cannot find it at a reasonable price. I found that bain de terre sea mist is pretty good, but not at all the same 😞
Message 68 of 183
latest reply

theenchantedcloset
Enthusiast
Psssssst..is still sold. I see it in my CVS and grocery store. The Vermont trading company also sells it as well as other discontinued items. If you ask them for what you are looking for they try to get it for their catalog.

http://www.vermontcountrystore.com/shopping/product/detailmain.jsp?itemID=6837&itemType=PRODUCT&iMainCat=4&iSubCat=27&iProductID=6837
Message 69 of 183
latest reply

i miss my HG moisturizer..it made by Christian Dior, Dior iod sorbet i think it was called...it felt amazing on my face but i think its a goner
Message 70 of 183
latest reply

oops i didn't realize this was hair only : /
Message 71 of 183
latest reply

natfrack
Enthusiast
HERBAL ESSENCE ORIGINAL! I was so mad when the changed their products to the line that they have now! I used the rainforest collection and rose scent. I also loved their pansy hairspray!!! I e-mailed them the day I went to walmart when they changed their hair care line, and they replied saying that there wasn't any interest in these products.
Antique Red Tractor in Fall, Westwinds Ranch VA
Message 72 of 183
latest reply

jackeyolantern
Enthusiast
I just found Gee Your Hair Smells Terrific at The Vermont Country Store!! I can't believe it! You can find it too--vermontcountrystore.com
Message 73 of 183
latest reply

I thought HERBAL ESSENCE shampoo used to work better. I thought it was just my hair! Now I know why... they changed the formula. I dont buy it anymore.
Message 74 of 183
latest reply

ltriumph
Enthusiast
Why did they discontinue GEE YOUR HAIR SMELLS TERRIFFIC? I loved that shampoo, and conditioner.
I would buy a case of it if I could find it!
Message 75 of 183
latest reply