cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discontinued Hair Products you wish they still made!

ouroldtoybox
Enthusiast
Why do they make a great product that works excellent for your hair and that other people like also, and then discontinue making it???

I wish they still made Matrix Essentials Sculpting Glaze and Matrix Simply Silk Detangling Rinse. Another fave of mine was the Matrix Vavoom Pomousse

Anyone in the same problem as me??
Message 1 of 183
latest reply
182 REPLIES 182

ravishing_red
Enthusiast
yeah! Clairol Flirt....was great stuff.....just lasted 6 weeks or so....was great colors too.....I miss that stuff
Message 31 of 183
latest reply

I miss Agree shampoo & conditioner. I loved that smell!

Teri
Message 32 of 183
latest reply

lorizav
Enthusiast
OMG :^O I was on a quest to find the REAL Clairol Herbal Essence Shampoo. I remember that smell from childhood and I love that scent, NOT that fruity stuff they are calling HERBAL now. I finally found something here in Miami, in a local drug store, it is called Mirta de Perales Herbal Shampoo and is about $4 for 8 oz. The scent is just as I remember and the deep emerald green color of the real stuff!!! One lemming fed.

NOW, I fell in LOVE with Philosophy The Breaking Point and can't find it anywhere. If anyone knows where to get it PLMK-My hair is desperately in need and this is the one thing that tames it!!
Message 33 of 183
latest reply

lola500
Enthusiast
Pizzazz color mousse! Sebastian Shaper Clean Gel! And (to go way back) Revlon Internationals shampoos/conditioners - the Far Eastern formula smelled SO good!
Message 34 of 183
latest reply

shoppingmermaid53
Enthusiast
I wish they would bring back "Gee, Your Hair Smells Terrific." Many years ago I contacted the company and was told they sell it in another country, but would not sell me any in th USA.
Message 35 of 183
latest reply

bbs00
Enthusiast
I'm not sure if this is the right name but I think it was called body on tap. I think it had beer in it. That stuff really cleaned my hair. late 70's maybe was when it was out? Anyone remember that? I'm a little tea pot short and stout...
If you're happy and you know it then your face will surely show it.. if you're happy and you know stomp your feettttttt..La da daaaaaaaa stomp
Message 36 of 183
latest reply

I just did an ebay search, and nothing comes up with the mirta de perales herbal shampoo, so I googled it. Their website shows a bottle with green liquid that looks like the old standby!!! Here is their contact info. I hope their operator speaks englaise.

http://www.mirtadeperales.us/contactenos.htm
Message 37 of 183
latest reply

kickhigh123
Enthusiast
Suave in the inverted bottle of the 70's and early 80's smelled great and made your hair look great. Anyone know of an outlet or store that still sells the old Suave?

Marcus
Message 38 of 183
latest reply

I don't know if I mentioned this already but Loriel had a red bottle of shampoo/conditioner/finishing cream. I so miss that! I can't think of the name of it though.

Assuming I am still stinking of patchouli.

Message 39 of 183
latest reply

spaewife
Thrill-Seeker
Ok I THINK pantene was who made it.. but there use to be a shampooless shampoo. spray...that was great and no it was't any of the above.. but I loved it. you sprayed it in, brushed it out.. and waalaa instant clean. but no powder going all over..
The tallest blade of grass is the first to be cut by the lawnmower.
Message 40 of 183
latest reply

I remember "Body on Tap." That was the one with the beer in it, wasn't it?
Message 41 of 183
latest reply

Freeman Botanicals Cherry & banana Shampoo and condition, I loved that stuff!
Message 42 of 183
latest reply

luvzkats
Scout
Do they still make "Mink" shampoo? I think that is what it is called. I remember my mom using it and I would like to get into to and use it as well.
Message 43 of 183
latest reply

2packrats4ever
Thrill-Seeker
"Gee Your Hair Smells Terrific" shampoo & conditioner

Message 44 of 183
latest reply

This company still sells "a duplication of the original Clairol Herbal Essence's shampoo and conditioner scent."

http://www.brambleberry.com/fragrance_hton.html

Here's someone else's take on auctions:
"Another big reason I am trying to spread the word about the original Herbal Essence still being made, is I am seeing alot of people being taken advantage of at on-line auction sites, people are buying new bottles of the shampoo through the website, and selling them as a "Rare, unopened bottle from the 70's, of shampoo that is discontinued" which of course, it is not. And it fetches upwards of 30 and 40 dollars a bottle to people who don't know any better."

Different prices for different sizes on brambleberry.com. Your mileage may vary.
Message 45 of 183
latest reply