cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Half.com will be closing on August 31, 2017, Very Sad!

Half.com will be closing on August 31, 2017. half.com an ebay company  View in: Browser   Dear Seller,

This letter is to inform you that Half.com will be closing on August 31, 2017, and you will not be able to sell on the platform following that date. Returns will continue to be processed until October 31, 2017.

We would like to thank you for your support of Half.com – some of you have been with us since we launched in 1999. We have enjoyed being part of your selling journey and wish you ongoing success. For all of your future marketplace needs, visit the eBay Seller Center to learn how to grow your business on eBay.

If you have any questions about this letter, please reach out to us at service@half.com or visit Half.com Closing FAQ for more details.

Sincerely,
The Half.com Team

Message 1 of 67
latest reply
66 REPLIES 66

Re: Half.com will be closing on August 31, 2017, Very Sad!

Half.com worked well for me, I'm sad to see it go. I also list on Biblio.com and of course Amazon.

Message 16 of 67
latest reply

Those were the good old days!
Message 17 of 67
latest reply

For those looking for another place to sell media, try Bonanza and Barnes & Noble or Alibris. I have sold some on all of these.

Bonanza has gotten better over the last couple years, you might want to try them again if you already did in the past.

Good luck everyone!

Message 18 of 67
latest reply

I do not subscribe/pay for  to a 'membership' on Bonanza and have had very poor results there selling books.  So far, I have only been willing to pay the 3.5 % commission on a sale.

extra-mile, do you pay for a Bonanza membership?

Message 19 of 67
latest reply

You may want to consider selling your media items to secondspin.com. They are pretty fair. They will also accept bulk sales.
Message 20 of 67
latest reply

You may want to consider selling your inventory to secondspin.com or fye.com (they are both the same company). They are pretty fair and not as picky about minor defects on the discs. They accept bulk orders. Another site to consider is useddvd.com but they are extremely nit-picky about quality; if your discs are near perfect you may want to consider them.
Message 21 of 67
latest reply

CD & DVD sales have been getting very sparse, with the closing of Half I will probably donate most of my inventory to a non-profit thrift shop.

Message 22 of 67
latest reply

Why bother to remove your inventory?  I plan on leaving mine until half closes.  Who knows?  Someone might buy something.  Half.com might change its mind.  The pig might learn to fly.  (Old punchline.)

Message 23 of 67
latest reply

Maybe you're right - we still keep hoping even though the chance is only 1 % for half rebirth . now I'll wait and see the miracle can happen in last minute - Thanks
Message 24 of 67
latest reply

The lack of  posts in response to the closing notice is indicative why Half is being shut down. In todays market it is irrelevant.

Message 25 of 67
latest reply

One more reason very important leading less and less topics in this forum

This link below  doesn't work and nobody care to fix it . Maybe Ebay wants to declare the death of half.com before and now time is up .....

See All Half.com Discussion Board Posts and Announcements...

Many Half people  really get trouble to find half.com forum  when they log in their accounts

Message 26 of 67
latest reply

Anyone have an easy way to move inventory from half to Amazon? I have over 500 items listed on half and not sure how to move my listings other than manually entering them again.

Message 27 of 67
latest reply

Following the annocement of HDCs closing I decided to stop selling CDs & DVDs but continue with books.  Will donate the remainder of of my CDs & DVDs to a non-profit after 8/31 but in the meantime lowered my prices to recoup some cash. Surprise. Sold two DVDS on the first day of lowered prices.

Message 28 of 67
latest reply

Interesting letter to the editor at ecommercebytes.com entitled:

eBay Rep Tells Seller Half.com Isn't Closing When It Is

http://www.ecommercebytes.com/C/letters/blog.pl

Message 29 of 67
latest reply

The real problem with eBay (for me and other long-tail sellers) is the fees for any listings after the 50th.  I'm sure this is because eBay isn't interested in long-tail sellers.  What I'm looking for guidance on is whether I'm better off trying to sell my more collectible items on eBay, or my lower-priced items.

Message 30 of 67
latest reply