eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Customer Support
  • Shop Deals
Community Member

Help With Maker's Mark/Hallmark on SS Southwestern-style Jewelry

Hello, I am wondering if anyone here might be able to assist me in the identification of the hallmark/copyright insignia/maker's mark shown in the larger photo. As best I can describe it - it's a reversed dollar sign with only a single hash mark through it, as opposed to 2. It is stamped onto the bottom of each charm that is strung onto my sterling silver, fetish-styled necklace (small pic). I had assumed that it was a Kabana Jewelry piece, but they informed me recently that it is not. They suggested that it might be Steven Stacy of Sundancer, but they said no, as well. Thanks, to anyone who can help.

PhotobucketPhotobucket
Please use plain text.
Community Member

Help With Maker's Mark/Hallmark on SS Southwestern-style Jewelry

in reply to wwtfn
Try this site: http://southwestaffinity.com/navajo_silversmiths.htm

Scroll down towards the bottom of the page for the list.

:smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Community Member

Re: Help With Maker's Mark/Hallmark on SS Southwestern-style Jewelry

in reply to wwtfn
Hi, thanks stellaannf. I've been posting everywhere, and you're the first response that I've ever gotten - I do thank you.

I've checked the link that you provided, however, those seem to be actual Native American artisans. I don't think my pieces were formally produced by NA hands, I believe they're production pieces.

Moreover, I must apologize: the zoomed photo of the Maker's Mark I originally posted is upside down. Though it is actually stamped that way, I hadn't realized it until recently. Therefore, I'm posting a new, right-side up version, in case someone does recognize it. The second link is of the entire suite of jewelry.

Thanks again, and I'm still searching for any information on this Maker.

[url http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y278/wwtfn/PERSONALS/Jewelry/KABANASS_CopyrightStamp1resize_inve.jpg][/url]
[url http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y278/wwtfn/PERSONALS/Jewelry/KABANASSWildlifeSet.jpg][/url]
Please use plain text.
lexy143
Community Member

in reply to wwtfn
I responded to your post on the regular board a while ago. This maker, not NA as you correctly thought, has been stumping us for ages. They seem to manufacture NA style designs, much like Q.T., another unknown maker.
Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to wwtfn
LOL Thanks, lexy143. I apologize to you for missing your post. I'm laughing because you have no idea how difficult it's been for me even find my posts after I've posted them. The post of which you speak? I simply haven't been able to find it, period. I concede, I'm the dummy! I was just this minute thinking, I was just learning how to navigate the "old" board when I come back to be all befuddled by the new, improved board! I KNOW there's got to be a way to bookmark them, I just haven't discovered it.

On a serious note, I may be on to something in my quest to discover who this Maker is. I'll come back and post it if this contact that I've made follows through and helps me out.

Thanks, again, lexy143.
Please use plain text.
lexy143
Community Member

in reply to wwtfn
That would be awesome if you could ID it, I hate those stumpers.
If you go to My Content at the top of the page and then Watches you can set up to get emails for updates to topics you create and post to.
Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to wwtfn
Hello...to any and all who might be interested in my discovery of the maker's mark, for which I initiated this post: the company is the former, Shube's Manufacturing Inc of Albuquerque, NM. Their trademark logo actually represents "Sb", incorporating a capital "S" with a conjoined, small "b".

They are a wholesale concern that's been in business in Albuquerque for almost 40 years. In 2006, SMI was acquired by a Ohio conglomerate, but still maintained operations in Albuquerque as the slightly altered Shube's Inc until late 2008, when they merged with South Dakota Gold Company. Today, the consolidation markets their jewelry as Dakota West Design, Inc, maintaining facilities in Albuquerque, NM under the auspices of the Ohio company.

Thanks to everyone here for either their interest and/or their help. It provided me with the incentive I needed to soldier on in pursuit of this maker's mark.

Regards
wwtfn
Please use plain text.
lexy143
Community Member

in reply to wwtfn
OMG, Yayyy! Finally it's been solved! Thanx so much!
Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to wwtfn
You're more than welcome!

I'm still trying to research this company, as it existed before the merger - it's become an obsession now. However, there is scant info around about them. I did come across an article that acknowledged that many of NM's jewelry titans kept a low profile for security reasons, and my guess is Shube's was one of them.

So, if anyone has/finds any further info on Shube's, I'd be grateful for a holler.

wwtfn
Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to wwtfn
$ перевернутый - mark was used by George Schuler & Company of Pleasantville, New York.
Founded c.1908. Acquired by Krementz & Company in 1965. They made a lot of jewelry for Tiffany.

Please use plain text.
pre1840lorraine
Community Member

in reply to tandem38
This post is over 4 years old.
Please use plain text.