cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has USPS delivery been a little slow lately?

Last week I got a 1/2 DSR on shipping time. It was the first one I've received.  I'm working on running reports to see who it was.  The thing is, I ship the same day or the next morning.  I can't be any quicker than that.  To see if shipping time/delivery is off, I began tracking a Priority Mail package that was sent last week and after 6 days it still hasn't reached its destination. I hope this isn't happening regularly.  Is anyone else having late deliveries or getting your shipping DSR dinged?

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things. --Philippians 4:8
Message 1 of 206
latest reply
205 REPLIES 205

Re: Has USPS delivery been a little slow lately?

Yes slow and RIDICULOUS!!  The package going from DC to Italy by way of LA? It is now in NEW JERSEY 4 weeks later!!  I guess the movie career didnt work out for it.  Maybe it was auditioning for role in a USPS commercial? 

Yeh my packages get a road trip and I dont.

Message 106 of 206
latest reply

My package to Italy just left New Jersey this morning.  A MONTH after I mailed it.  Can Europeans leave stars?  God I hope not!!

Message 107 of 206
latest reply

Yes I have bought several items at around the end of March 2014 and they are coming very late/ slowly. I am also getting slightly damaged items earlier in March- I usually do not. I usually get items from Chicago in a few days- it is on the 9th day now- I hope it comes soon. everything is coming consistently slower regardless of where it is coming from in the USA. Items coming from overseas are not so bad- they are about as expected. I hope this is temporary.

Message 108 of 206
latest reply

I just mailed a priority package to Hawaii.  I mailed in Massachusetts on the 7th.  It was delivered on the 9th.  I'm impressed!

Actually, I love my post office. I put them in the slot and the tracking is available right away.  I once dropped of some packages on a Friday night at 9 pm.  I went home, checked, and the tracking info was in already. 

I usually only have issues if my packages end up in Bethpage NY. 

Message 109 of 206
latest reply

Yes and Yes

Shipping has slowed down ! Dramatically . I ship exact same way i always did- if item is paid at least 1-2 hours bef. mail man gets here- i package and ship same day - and no later than next day ( even on Saturdays)

BUT - items are mysteriously hanging out in thos sort facilities .. traveling back and forth.. getting " lost " .. and some of them show up 2 -3 weeks later - and some of them don't show up at all.

It started last month - i have not noticed anything like that before- but the last month was very bad.

Often item shows " estimate delivery date Apr. 4 "   ( exmp. ) and today is  4/11 - and still not delivered and no clue where the package is .

Same thing happened to several other packages. Even priority mail took more than 8 days to get delivered while it never took longer than 3 business days at most 

I don't understand what is going on and why this is happening - but i know it is hurting sellers while there is NOTHING we can do about it.

Message 110 of 206
latest reply

And i went down to my PO - and spoke to the manager . I told her that eBay gives certain " delivery dates " for customers and that eBay is almost certain that these are supposed to be delivered by that date.

She said that' s crazy " we never promise anything .. not to eBay not to customers or anyone else. Unless you ship " overnight " you are not promised or guaranteed any date.

Even priority mail ? That says " 2 business days on the label ? - Yes mam - even priority mail is not guaranteed it is only a guess but it can be longer.

So i don't understand - why eBay is punishing us for thing that are completely out of our control ?  They need to change this -

punish me if i don't upload the tracking # within stated time - and it should say that the package was accepted by my PO that day - so THAT is the service i CAN guarantee for and i'm in charge of . After the PO accepts the package it is NOT in my control when it will arrive.

I know i'm just speaking wishfull thinking here .. but if enough sellers start complaining about this and bring it to eBays' attention - we c ould hope that they will listen - one day...

Message 111 of 206
latest reply

YES. Plus, some weird things are happening: yesterday I printed a Priority label to Tallahassee (I'm in So. Fla) and I got 3 Day Priority. Come on, it's 7 hours by car!

Also, my mailman stopped making pick-ups. Post Office advised to file complaints because they can apparently do nothing beyond printing out the pick-up request form and handing it to the mailman. So far, it has not helped.

Message 112 of 206
latest reply

Rix - Europeans can leave stars, but it won't affect your US rating - only your rating over there, as I understand it.

A
(Brian's Wife & Mom of 4)
Message 113 of 206
latest reply

I basically have lost trust in the USPS over the past six months.  It appears that something has changed at the sorting centers. I have had six checks get lost or delayed (FIrst Class Mail - all coming into FLORIDA), one Priority Mail Package that was sent entirely to the wrong city on the other side of the state, one FIRST CLASS INTERNATIONAL package to Australia that was sent to Canada last week- still waiting for it after it was refused by Canadian Customs and returned to Chicago Center, one PRIORITY MAIL FLAT RATE box which was sent 4/7 to NJ 230 miles away, left MARYLAND Capitol Heights sorting center 4/8 and it was just received tonight 4/11 in Kearney Sorting center in NJ. I have never had this many mail problems in all my life total! 

Message 114 of 206
latest reply

DcCollector: I'm in Chicago.... usps here is Miserable! Both forest park and elk grove are a vacation spot for packages.

I have resorted to taking my packages over the state border to Wisconsin so my DSR stars can take a breather.
Message 115 of 206
latest reply

Look I moved maybe 10 minutes away from my last apartment 2 years ago.  True we use the same regional sorting center.  So tell me why why why when I drop a package in teh local PO it goes BACK to the PO where I stopped living 2 years ago and THEN to the sorting center which it could have gone directly to from the PO down the street then to the sort center and saved 2 days shipping time.  (and it isnt like I still use the same old address either - oh no! I use the current one!) 

Someone suggested that it was all administrative and that it was just accounting that caused the old PO to show up in the tracking but NO! The package REALLY DOES get put on a truck and to the old PO across town!! No reason on Gods earth for that old PO or address to have any association with my life! 

And why did my Italy shipment go to to LA when I live on the east coast and planes leave DC for italy direct 4 times a day?  And did I mention the postal sorting center is across the street from the airport?

And why can I ship to Canada faster more reliably than to Florida?  Hello? Yes I live 3 states from Canada and 4 states from Florida but Canada is another country!

And really what is UP with Ohio?  On the receiving end I finally RECEIVED a package postage due from Ohio (as opposed to having the ones I SEND be declared insufficient postage!)  I calculated the postage myself and it was more than enough to cover postage from there to here according to the USPS site.  My clerk did the same thing and said that there was no postage due and handed it to me.

Message 116 of 206
latest reply

Yes, it's definitely slower. I had a pair of jeans take 5 days Priority to get from coast to coast. But there's nowhere to run. FedEx Ground just "lost" a ten pound package of irreplaceable Japanese statues in N.J. Incredible since I shipped from next door in New York. CS rep says dimly when I asked how the heck that could have happened...well, maybe the label fell off. Gee, that's never happened in 10+ years of selling. Arrgh...

Message 117 of 206
latest reply

Yes! I have a package showing it left our local sort facility for a week today! I am guessing it is--LOST????

Thankfully, I don't sell larger $ items. Still frustrating none the less.

Message 118 of 206
latest reply

Priority mail, 2-3 day delivery, here it is 7 days now and still nothing, last tracking was Chicage on the 7th and was supp to be delivered in MA on the 9th, yes this is happening a lot lately.....

Message 119 of 206
latest reply

In the last year, I've had four times that I have scheduled a pick-up on line and received confirmation that they would pick up the packages.  But the next day, the packages have just been left sitting there...no pick up.  Then, to top things off, the next day, I would always receive an email saying that there was a "successful package pick-up."  How can there be a successful package pick up when my packages are still on my front porch???

I tried calling and emailing in complaints to the post office.  No response.

Message 120 of 206
latest reply