cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has USPS delivery been a little slow lately?

Last week I got a 1/2 DSR on shipping time. It was the first one I've received.  I'm working on running reports to see who it was.  The thing is, I ship the same day or the next morning.  I can't be any quicker than that.  To see if shipping time/delivery is off, I began tracking a Priority Mail package that was sent last week and after 6 days it still hasn't reached its destination. I hope this isn't happening regularly.  Is anyone else having late deliveries or getting your shipping DSR dinged?

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things. --Philippians 4:8
Message 1 of 206
latest reply
205 REPLIES 205

Re: Has USPS delivery been a little slow lately?

Yes. Domestic means USA.
Message 61 of 206
latest reply

Same rates apply, but shipping time is not.
Message 62 of 206
latest reply

Duh! Wrong word, wrong meaning, and even likely the wrong etymology!

Continental.

All shipping services have Overnight as overnight for the lower mainland U.S. and 2-day for Alaska and Hawaii (and, I assume, the territories like Guam or American Samoa.)

To get overnight service to the longer distance areas costs some $80-90 dollars, has a wide range of stipulations, and is labeled “Critical” shipment.

EBay’s estimated date was telling this poor buyer that she could get the package some 48-hours after purchasing it. And I have 1-business day handling.

Message 63 of 206
latest reply

I’ve heard a rumor that New Mexico isn’t even international anymore. Smiley Surprised

Smiley Wink

Message 64 of 206
latest reply

Late thought from the sleep-deprived—

Contiguous would also work. (Better, since the term continental may have the primary meaning “of the continent” but it is used most commonly in reference to mainland Europe.)

Lower 48 is another possibility if one is also excluding Alaska and is willing to ignore the conundrum of D.C.

Message 65 of 206
latest reply

Both of my "delivered" packages arrived safely yesterday.  One 2 days after being scanned as such, the other 1 day after scan.

A
(Brian's Wife & Mom of 4)
Message 66 of 206
latest reply

I woke up to this message:

I have NOT received my order which I paid for. 
It was to be here yesterday and it never came.
I have receipt, transaction # , and tracking #.
Tried tracking this item and it says it doesn't exist!!
Very upset with this!!
Please inform me as to why this has happened. I in the process of reporting this.

she is a newby buyer in PA, tracking does exist and it is out for delivery. I responded nicely and she replied apologizing for being so hard. Some people!
Message 67 of 206
latest reply

Just had a case opened agaisnt me for a INR that reached Phila sorting office on 1/4 and hasn't been heard of since.

::sigh::

Old Seller Here!
Message 68 of 206
latest reply

weather weather weather

If the planes don't fly, the packages don't go anywhere.

I've been getting cases opened with very nice perky buyers who say, "I know it shows delivered but I didn't get it.  Please check on your end and tell me where it is."

Yeah, right.

And then ebay will refund the buyer; case will be closed as a no-fault.  Yeah, right if you believe that's not logged against me somewhere.  Number of cases opened is a guardrail component.   And the buyer can leave a neg and I don't get my fees back.  All because I sent the package and it arrived on time.  

Not that it's happened to me before and I'm bitter or anything ...

btw, even USPS Express delivery isn't guaranteed.  USPS guarantees it will refund your cost if the package doesn't arrive on the specified date, that's all.

Sherry

=^.^= =^.^=
( ) ( )
" " =^.^= " "
Message 69 of 206
latest reply

HORRIBLE weather up and down teh east coast but I had a package shipped Thursday get delivered TODAY.  Item to Colorado still sitting at the sort center in Chicago.  For the 2nd week.  Some POs are better about delivering and moving mail in the snow that others - not the ones you would expect though.

Message 70 of 206
latest reply

Ordered something on the 15h of December and it was markeed shipped the 19th. No tracking number but the seller has extremely good feedback so I wasn't concerned. I still haven't received the package. It's been 18 days excluding holidays/Sundays and I'm getting really concerned. Sigh. I know the holidays are a bad time and there's been crazy weather lately (especially here on the northeast coast) but this is nuts. I've ordered things online from other places including competitor-who-must-not-be-named and I've only had 2-3 day delays from everywhere else.

I know it's not the seller's fault so I've been putting off contacting them.

Message 71 of 206
latest reply

@autumagic wrote:

Ordered something on the 15h of December and it was markeed shipped the 19th. No tracking number but the seller has extremely good feedback so I wasn't concerned. I still haven't received the package. It's been 18 days excluding holidays/Sundays and I'm getting really concerned. Sigh. I know the holidays are a bad time and there's been crazy weather lately (especially here on the northeast coast) but this is nuts. I've ordered things online from other places including competitor-who-must-not-be-named and I've only had 2-3 day delays from everywhere else.

I know it's not the seller's fault so I've been putting off contacting them.

The item I ordered on the 27th had tracking uploaded within 24 hrs, but was only just put in the mail a couple of days ago.  After a week with the tracking showing nothing at all I contacted the seller.  The auction I won on the first didn't ever have tracking uploaded & after a week I contacted that seller as well, who DID have tracking, she just hadn't uploaded it.  I wouldn't hesitate to contact using the "other" choice, of course - NOT the "I don't have my item yet" choice. 

A
Message 72 of 206
latest reply

^^^ Don't those sellers know they need to upload tracking or risk getting downgraded by eBay?

Message 73 of 206
latest reply

I got the impression mine was a closet-cleaner.  38 FB (100%), 22 items listed, 6 sales (including mine) for this month & 23 for December.  My kids jammies came in a manila envelope completely covered in packing tape, with a handwritten address & USPS tracking sticker stuck on.  So, she trekked it to the PO.  Everything sold is NWT though, so maybe just a new seller?  ID opened in Nov. of 2012.

A
Message 74 of 206
latest reply

@val2525 wrote:

^^^ Don't those sellers know they need to upload tracking or risk getting downgraded by eBay?

It was actually an Etsy transaction but I posted about it here because it's relevant to the topic, which is USPS being super slow. Nobody judge me! Ahaha 🙂

That being said, everything I ordered here on Ebay that same week arrived in a matter of days. Hmm..

Message 75 of 206
latest reply