cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need advice/help with 2 black bisque jointed baby dolls both in need of repair

Hi it is been awhile since I have been to this board to ask for info and or opinions.  I have always had success with helpful answers so I come here again with my problem.  I have two very sweet little 8" tall black jointed bisque dolls both in need of repair.  One perfect head and body but leg is broken off.  The second does not have a head but legs are in tack but the backside is broken although the part is still there.  There is a mark on the back of the head JMK 94.  I do not know if they have any value but they are just to nice to throw away.  Does anyone think that if I list as they are with all the info a doll restorer will be interested as parts from both dolls can be used to make one perfect little doll.  All info and comments are appreciated.  Thanks.  Jocid both.jpgd1.jpgbroken.jpgbroke2.jpgmark.jpg

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

mouseshy, thanks for your reply.  I did not think the dolls had value but they are unique and cute.  I just hate to toss them because of the issues as maybe, just maybe a doll restorer may want them.  I may just list them as I posted the info here and see what happens.  Thanks again for your comments.  Joci

View Best Answer in original post

Message 3 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Your dolls were probably made by a amateur hobbyist, who marked the doll with their initials "JMK" and the year "94" as in 1994. My guess is the doll/doll parts have minimal value, but, who knows, someone might want to buy them.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

mouseshy, thanks for your reply.  I did not think the dolls had value but they are unique and cute.  I just hate to toss them because of the issues as maybe, just maybe a doll restorer may want them.  I may just list them as I posted the info here and see what happens.  Thanks again for your comments.  Joci

Message 3 of 3
latest reply