cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A Doll A Day, please join!

Hi, thought it would be fun to do a doll a day.  Please join!  Every day, post one of your dolls.  It can be obscure, popular or only you love it.  Tell us who it is, who made it, a little bit about it and why you love it!  Only one a day and we can go on forever!....terri

terri b photo terrib.jpg

I'm havin' fun!
Message 1 of 2,404
latest reply
2,403 REPLIES 2,403

You know....I never think about how much I paid though some have had to be on layaway for half a year.  I play with them and enjoy them...I am certainly not as careful as I should be I guess! I drag them everywhere!

photo 2c3c8970-6a66-4429-9233-53904d9ae9e9_zps29f57805.jpg

Life could be wonderful if people would leave you alone
~Charlie Chaplin~
Message 1756 of 2,404
latest reply

They are WONDERFUL, and life is too short at times so go for it money usuallly gets spent anyway and to have these is  at least you enjoy them, really great looking dolls, Lynnb

Message 1757 of 2,404
latest reply

Thanks for pacifying words. 😐 I won't be selling most of my resin dolls in my life time. I am just worried for the person/s who will inherit them after I'm gone, they will be disappointed at the resale value and I will be blamed for wasting money on such things after I'm dead.Many people value things for it's resale worth. My mom and I want to donate the resin dolls to charity should my life expires and they are still not sold. Personally, I enjoy and love them enough to spend the money.

Here's Little Rock, he borrowed Jonathan's (Heidi Plusczok) t-shirt and sweater. Same sized dolls in my family share clothes.

When I grow up....

Message 1758 of 2,404
latest reply

Ooops, picture did not show up.

When I grow up....

Message 1759 of 2,404
latest reply

ANother wonderful doll, Clap, Clap, Clap, Lynnb

Message 1760 of 2,404
latest reply

I am working on this K&R on a flapper/teenage type body, clothes are skimpy but want to show her body,Lynn

photo flapperinwhite2_zpse9599738.jpg

Message 1761 of 2,404
latest reply

She is gorgeous Lynn!  I loooove Flapper dolls!   I saw a one last week I should have bought...she was compo. 😞

I do have a 20's bathing beauty BJD!

photo 18a20080-3ac5-479b-9a83-a28646afff41_zps2c8332c7.jpg

~Charlie Chaplin~
Message 1762 of 2,404
latest reply

@fragile_bloom:   He is really cute. A lot of my 1/6 dolls wear Ann Estelle clothes and some of my SD's are wearing Ideal Crissy dresses for shirts!

~Charlie Chaplin~
Message 1763 of 2,404
latest reply

Thanks, that's a really nice doll, never saw these before, what am I missing/ Lynn

Message 1764 of 2,404
latest reply

These are the descendents of your antiques!:-D

~Charlie Chaplin~
Message 1765 of 2,404
latest reply

Thanks for pacifying words. 😐 I won't be selling most of my resin dolls in my life time. I am just worried for the person/s who will inherit them after I'm gone, they will be disappointed at the resale value and I will be blamed for wasting money on such things after I'm dead.Many people value things for it's resale worth. My mom and I want to donate the resin dolls to charity 

Most of the things we purchase and enjoy.. our cars, tv's, furniture...lose their "worth" as soon as we get them off the lot or out of the store.  

Don't worry about what 'somebody' will think of your collection. If, someday, the only thing they remember you for are items which they thought were going to make them some money--then they are not worth worrying about now.

Enjoy your collection now, don't feel guilty about it or fret about what somebody else will think. 

For your family that expects an inheritance.. plant a peach or apple tree. They'll get lovely fruit every year. :-x

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems,

but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

~Herm Albright
Message 1766 of 2,404
latest reply

One never knows what prices in years to come will be for dolls no matter what type,and as long as we ourselves enjoy them who cares right? Hugs Lynnb

Message 1767 of 2,404
latest reply

If that BJD Bathing Beauty doesn't become a very collectible doll someday, I'd be very surprised.  It's stunning. 

And it's a perfect representation of our era..

(no hint of victorian modesty in this doll!  😉

Like I mentioned before I'm not usually interested in 20th century dolls, but that is stunning! 

Actually all of these giant, fairly limbed dolls that are being posted here are amazing!

s.

Message 1768 of 2,404
latest reply

photo smellydoll3nice_zps78b32c9a.jpg

My 6" all Bisque smelling doll.she looks like she is smelling something Lynn

Message 1769 of 2,404
latest reply

Que lindo Chatita!

🙂

Message 1770 of 2,404