cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vintage Walt Disney & Disneyland Collectibles

While it might take a day or two to reply, we'll sure do all we can to help answer questions about your vintage Walt Disney or Disneyland collectible.

In particular, we try to specialize in items produced during Walt Disney's lifetime (1901 - 1966).

Much of the new stuff is nice, but we love the original Walt Disney collectibles!

Best wishes as you build your vintage Disneyana collection!

Dave Mason
for Saturday's Toys
eBay Store: www.SaturdaysToys.com
eBay ID: saturdaystoys

We're Exclusively eBay!
Message 1 of 1,793
latest reply
1,792 REPLIES 1,792

Re: Vintage Walt Disney & Disneyland Collectibles

As I don't see any copyright or trademarks on the piece... and as it's crafted of resin... it is likely an unauthorized reproduction; made within the past 25 years; possibly within the past decade. Originals of this style were typically made of cast iron; circa 1930's. Not much value here in that light... possibly $10 on a good day.
Message 1786 of 1,793
latest reply

Hello,

I was hoping you could shed some light on this ceramic Donald Duck standing next to a candle lamp. It was in my room as a child in the early 1970s and I've hung onto it; however, I haven't been able to find any information in general web searches. Thanks for your help!

Message 1787 of 1,793
latest reply

It appears to be made by Leeds... circa late 1940's.  Hard to be sure without seeing a designer's label or mark... as it could also be a knock-off made from the original molds.  It has the appearance of being a vintage Disney collectible...  Not known for being tremendously valuable... but certainly from the company's resurgent period prior to Cinderella... Peter Pan... Disneyland... Zorro... and the Mickey Mouse Club.  A great era in company history!

Message 1788 of 1,793
latest reply

Hi! I have this item and I can not figure out what it held or what exactly it was for, anyone know? Any help would be much appreciated. 

CassIMG_8589.JPGIMG_8591.JPGIMG_8592.JPGIMG_8593.JPG

Message 1789 of 1,793
latest reply

While I don't recall seeing this vinyl case before... the map's features date the illustration to approx. 1986 - 1992.

At first glance, I would have assumed it to be a small lunch box... but it could have been for small school supplies... or something along that line.  It's a unique piece; not all that old... but anything with a Disneyland map on it in such an usual presentation... is a fantastic collectible!  Can't estimate a value on this one... as I've got no comps with which to compare it.  Still, I wouldn't sell it until I could watch the market and find another one for comparison.

Message 1790 of 1,793
latest reply

Thank you so much! I appreciate it. I thought it was a good find when I came upon it and saw the map. 

Message 1791 of 1,793
latest reply

Hello there! I'm so happy I found you--I'm in need of a Vintage Disney expert and you seem to the one! I've attached two pictures of a vintage Goofy brooch. I was wondering if you've ever seen one like this before and if you could help me date it? (The design looks like the late 30s/early 40s Goofy but that might not mean much.) It's a heavy sterling silver piece--28g!--and while it's stamped "sterling" in the back, there's no typical Disney mark. However, there is a faded mark on the shoe--which looks like a "c" inside of a "D." I'm not sure if that would be an older Disney trademark or if it's a markers mark from a designer.  

Any information would be greatly appreciated! 

Thank you so much! 

Message 1792 of 1,793
latest reply

Your Goofy brooch is not familiar to me.  The character likeness is similar to that of the 1940's thru 1970's... and while it's a fairly good likeness... the finish on the sterling piece is of low quality (pitted; dents; etc.); not typical of an authorized Disney piece.  However... there were silver shops in both Disneyland and Walt Disney World that could have imported handmade jewelry from Mexico (Taxco).  It has a vaguely similar appearance to the large brass accents on a series of imports from Italy, but those are clearly marked as Walt Disney Productions... are of good quality... and were not sold as jewelry (at least to my knowledge).  It's also entirely possible that the piece was used for something else... and turned into a somewhat crude mold for an enterprising silversmith.  I also don't recognize the mark on Goofy's shoe as that of a previous licensee.  It's a tough one... but my guess is that it probably isn't worth more than the spot price of silver.  More refined character jewelry, such as that sold by Cartier in the 1930's... is of much higher demand today... and current prices reflect that demand.

Sorry I couldn't help more.  My best advice... is to wait until something similar appears online or in another auction catalog... before determining a course of action.  Best to just hold it... until you find the rest of the story!

Best regards,

Dave Mason

for Saturday's Toys and Disneyana Auctions

Message 1793 of 1,793
latest reply