eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Customer Support
Community Member

CCcleaner

Want to download and install cccleaner. My question is there are several sites listed but some want you to agree to install a management tool for the software.  I am looking for the official safe site for this product.  Thanks. Painter

Please use plain text.
soundgod
Community Member

Re: CCcleaner

in reply to painter53

FileHippo

Please use plain text.
biged143
Community Member

in reply to painter53
Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to painter53

Direct download:

http://majorgeeks.com/downloadget.php?id=4191&file=9&evp=a12d758b021af1a4f0a6bfe45b0c7a82

Please use plain text.
gem9153
Community Member

in reply to painter53

http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner

currently the free version does not appear, on the home page...click on the download button

in the right hand colum...to get the options for free/or/paid versions...

the download arrow down button will at the last report give you a trial version of paid...

which will keep working after the trial expires, but will nag you about it

-gem

Please use plain text.
black*max
Community Member

in reply to painter53

Most of the time I have found that free program versions of anything are placed on other servers.

Always choose "Custom install" with a free program, the trend now days seems to be to hide all the extra stuff you don't want in the downloader and you only are given a choice not to install them if you use "Custom" install.

Most but not all the download managers install only temporly but the ones that don't can be removed with add remove programs.

The trend now seems to be both the DL manager has extra stuff and so does the actual prorgam installer.

photo tig02-1.jpg
Teach a man to fish and you've lost a good customer.
Please use plain text.
biged143
Community Member

in reply to painter53

gem Thanks for clearing it up for the  OP. I am just so used to going there for it I never gave it a thought.Getting free stuff from other pages is some times a maze with other "download" buttons that give you unwanted downloads.

Jeffy !
Please use plain text.
black*max
Community Member

in reply to painter53

gem Thanks for clearing it up for the  OP. I am just so used to going there for it I never gave it a thought.Getting free stuff from other pages is some times a maze with other "download" buttons that give you unwanted downloads.

Confusing buttons is only half of it.

Even it you find the right button you get extra stuff when you go to install the program.

There are some sites now that will only give you the download if you select at least 1 or 2 offers.

photo tig02-1.jpg
Teach a man to fish and you've lost a good customer.
Please use plain text.
biged143
Community Member

in reply to painter53

max I just click on decline until I get to the end.There is a lot of garbage in free stuff which is why I prefer to install from original sites. On those you might get a google tool bar or chrome browser or ask toolbar but they are pretty obvious and easy to uncheck.

Jeffy !
Please use plain text.
gem9153
Community Member

in reply to painter53

The third warning for 'free software' has to be NEVER set it to update automatically- automatic updates can contain the same 'offers' as an original download...and install them automatically!

The ONLY software that isnt offering something(selling you out) is MS, and you cant trust them

to LOGICALLY organize their updates for an OLDER machine...this one JUST CANT handle 15 updates at the same time when several different ones require restart and one like #7 is a massive rollup rewritting entire OS....and a hung update is as bad as malware, at least in my book...I can say though that the windows installer seems to have improved a bit over the last version. but cant say if that is because I finally caught the machine up to have ALL required updates installed, or if the installer is actually better

Please use plain text.
biged143
Community Member

in reply to painter53

gem I have a question about the "restart to install" if you have several that want you to do it and you only restart after you have a 10 or so wanting to "restart" what will the results be? And how will you know which installed ? MS is easy enough but the others?

Jeffy !
Please use plain text.
1508dan
Community Member

in reply to painter53

http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner/download

Click on the "Piriform.com" link located down under the "filehippo.com" link, ya get CCleaner and nothing else with it and directly from Piriform.

Please use plain text.
gem9153
Community Member

in reply to painter53

gem I have a question about the "restart to install" if you have several that want you to do it and you only restart after you have a 10 or so wanting to "restart" what will the results be? And how will you know which installed ? MS is easy enough but the others?

the answer is you just dont know... the better the machine the more it can handle- when I have single core...never attempt more than 10 at a time, and will read carefully and try to judge by size of download if any of the 10 are extreme...or if they are all small they are usually minor and I have no problems...

i do notify only, download after prompt, and custom install... in this way I can control by checking only the ones downloaded that I want to run...the others reappear after the reboot...and are sorted and run in the same way....

on third party updates...i run one at a time...never know if its a major update untill it is installing...some of them I am beginning to believe are just advertising opportunities and

must be watched closely or might sneek something else on the machine

Please use plain text.