eBay Community

THE ANSWER CENTER

The Answer Center is your place to ask fellow eBay Community members questions about buying and selling on eBay, and for you to share your best information, tips, and insights to help other members get answers to their own questions.

View All Questions

Choose a topic to view

Marketing Image for Answer Center Section

GROUPS

Groups are a great place to connect with other community members who share similar interests. Give support, share information, and connect with fellow members. Create or join a Group today!

CHOOSE A GROUP TO VIEW

Marketing image for Groups Section

Announcements

The latest news and updates affecting eBay buyers and sellers

Marketing Image for Announcements Section
Go Now

EBAY COMMUNITY POLICIES

Our policies are designed to create a safe and fair environment for all eBay members. Learning what’s allowed can help you avoid unintentionally breaking the rules and helps everyone in working with reliable, trustworthy members.

Marketing image for eBay Community Policies Section
Go Now
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

My Profile

Welcome!
PEOPLE YOU FOLLOW

Connect with Fellow eBay Community Members!
Register or Sign In Today!

Computers, Networking & I.T.

Today I decided to return my router to factory default seeing my internet has been slow and it's about 18 months old.  Also was going to change the settings once in it.

Did the paper clip thing, Reset to Factory Default, network went down (I knew that would happen) and I've spent the better part of the day trying to log into the router.

I've got a Netgear R7000 Nighthawk Router connected to a Netgear Switch (needed that for wired computers downstairs).  The switch is connected to my modem.  All 3 seem to be working fine and I doubt there is anything wrong given I had perfect internet on all wired, wireless and my iPhone before I decided to do this stupid thing.

After falling UP the basement stairs hurting my wrist and hamstring, I tried a dozen different things including about 5-6 resets of the router.  Rebooted the laptop (using the Toshiba), tried with and without CAT cable. 

I am using the default SSID and PW on the router and tried all 4 of Netgear's login addresses - none are working.  I can get online perfectly now with the router's SSID and PW, my phone and Toshiba are the only two devices using the default router information and I'll change it back to what I want if I EVER get back into the router.

I sent Netgear Support an email and it seems I'm out of warranty for FREE support.  They told me to access their site (link didn't work) or Community which does have suggestions, all of which I've tried already. 

I've done the Release/Renew thing through the Command Prompt and can use one laptop and my phone wireless in the house but I can't get back in the router.

Any takes on this one?  If you've known me here for years you know me and networks don't get along at ALL and I should have let well-enough alone but I had to hit the router with the paper clip.  Netgear won't see me anymore for routers - this one cost me almost $200 brand new and it's only 18 months old. 

Any input would be greatly appreciated.  I can get online with the Toshiba and phone but that's it - can't access the router at all and get the error page when I try. 

Oh, and I've tried disabling my Kaspersky through all this which made no difference at all.

Thanks in advance.

LadyKeys

Computers, Networking & I.T. discussion

May 4, 2016 5:36:28 PM PT

NetGear R7000 NightHawk Login Problem

New Message
Subject Author Kudos Replies Latest Post
This is a topic with new unread messages 0 0
This is a topic with new unread messages 0 2
This is a topic with new unread messages 0 7
This is a topic with new unread messages 1 4
This is a topic with new unread messages 0 1