eBay Community

THE ANSWER CENTER

The Answer Center is your place to ask fellow eBay Community members questions about buying and selling on eBay, and for you to share your best information, tips, and insights to help other members get answers to their own questions.

View All Questions

Choose a topic to view

Marketing Image for Answer Center Section

GROUPS

Groups is a great place to connect with other community members who share similar interests. Give support, share information, and connect with fellow members. Create or join a Group today!

CHOOSE A GROUP TO VIEW

Marketing image for Groups Section

Announcements

The latest news and updates affecting eBay buyers and sellers

Marketing Image for Announcements Section
Go Now

EBAY COMMUNITY POLICIES

Our policies are designed to create a safe and fair environment for all eBay members. Learning what’s allowed can help you avoid unintentionally breaking the rules and helps everyone in working with reliable, trustworthy members.

Marketing image for eBay Community Policies Section
Go Now
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

My Profile

Welcome!
PEOPLE YOU FOLLOW

Connect with Fellow eBay Community Members!
Register or Sign In Today!

Computers, Networking & I.T.

So, I signed w/Netflix a few months back and along with it I get 1 bluray in the mail out at a time with my plan...a great deal with all else there is to stream too. I get my first disk in and, run to newegg and order a Blu-ray drive for my PC, get it and go to grab some software ...Surprise! It's all wrapped up in licensing and player software are going to run around $50-60 to play the Blu-ray and as I understood it (please comment if you know different) the licensed software is only good for a certain amount of time, all a big WTfreak.

So considering I may have to upgrade my software after a time, I figure a wifi stand alone player may be best as I can use that with no upgrades in the future so, I order and I'll just have to eat the BR drive. 

Got it in today and instead of the Panasonic they say is so good at updating their firmware, I get a cheaper model Samsung that flickers and pops at times. Point being, I can return it no problem and the seller is just a jerk.

That's all mainly rant...my main concern now is, I may have wrongly assumed I could play the BR player through my PC because the player had WIFI. I was able to get the Player to go to the internet for, best I could tell, useless things but if I can get it to play through my PC to my TV/monitor, I can't figure out how, or I just stopped trying in hopes someone could save me some time. Player works fine with HDMI run to the TV/Monitor but I have no surround sound unless I can play it through my PC so, that needs to happen. I could use my surround with the PC BR drive and software but the 30 day evaluation ran out and went the other rout anyway. I can get another software with 30day evaluation and maybe a few more tom last a few months but eventually I'll need to spend some money to keep it legal.

Is the Wifi on the BR stand alone player capable of playing the disk through my pc? Or is that WIFI just so the Player can get on the net?

If I had the next step up or so Logitech Surround sound, I could run it through my TV but as it is, I can't...it has to go through my PC.

With all the info in mind, any suggestions from someone somewhat in the know about this stuff? Am I right about the software needing upgrading after a time at nearly full price, if not I could go back tom that route and return the SA Player.

Any advice would be helpful on what to do here.

Computers, Networking & I.T. discussion

Mar 28, 2015 12:24:35 PM PT

Blu-ray blues

I might have just a half dozen pages a month to convert from jpeg to pdf like this: https://app.box.com/s/xu73nk2tj5bq2dxdg6as Is there a free converter that wont have that watermark like the PDF Xchange watermarks on that one? Or suggest a cheap one if I have to buy.

Computers, Networking & I.T. discussion

New Message
Subject Author Kudos Replies Latest Post
This is a popular topic with new unread messages 0 100
This is a topic with new unread messages 0 0
This is a topic with new unread messages 0 1
This is a popular topic with new unread messages 0 11
This is a topic with new unread messages 0 2
This is a topic with new unread messages 0 3
This is a topic with new unread messages 0 4
This is a topic with new unread messages 0 7
This is a popular topic with new unread messages 0 38