cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

twighlightmanor calling mustangrockstar!!!

mustangrockstar:

Scrooge fan #1 calling Scrooge fan #2!! I know you're on eBay some-where cause you've out bid me in the past, on you know what!!!! AAAARRRRRRRRRRRGH! The ultimate of all ultimate, best of the best items! I want one sooooooooo bad. At least it went to a good home. (Oh and the other one that goes with it: I saw one for $185 at Amazon, you might want to check that out. It's been there a loooong time.)

If you find this thread---contact me---leave a message here, bring your friends, tell your wife to join in too.

I'm the only major Scrooge nut on this board, come and talk to me please!!!
Message 1 of 1,514
latest reply
1,513 REPLIES 1,513

eobcards
Enthusiast
I know people that work/worked for Disney World upstairs and some that work/worked downstairs. From what I'm told the downstairs is just as incredible as the upstairs.

I would add to my collection the letter from Disney and the credit card if I got it, even if I never used the credit card. Come to think of it, I probably wouldn't use the credit card for fear of downgrading it from NM unused to VF+ used. Maybe it's value would also go up if you got it slabbed. (you understand I'm just kidding about not using it and getting it slabbed LOL!)
Message 1096 of 1,514
latest reply

eobcards
Enthusiast
eelkat......Since you seem to be developing a liking for Uncle Scrooge:

Message 1097 of 1,514
latest reply

He eelkat,

Scrooge is my favorite duck although I like most of the Disney comics. I just purchased a couple of mini-comics. My wife is "thrilled" that I have bought a couple more comics.

We have finished our basement and now we have to go through everything that was stored. Coming across those Disney comics was probably not a good thing for me. Now I want to get some more.

P.S. I love your little graphics a few posts back.
Message 1098 of 1,514
latest reply

RE: the first pic in post #1087....

What exactly is Donald doing to Scrooge???
And what does that shark have to do with it?
Message 1099 of 1,514
latest reply

sean--

all your posts are gone! now my answering you is as strange as the posts were!:^O LOL!

eobcards--

sean's the one who got the letter, that turned out to be a credit card offer...I've since checked the web site, they don't have any cards with ducks on them:(:(:(:(, just mice and castles.

I do not have those 2 issuesX-(:(:_|, it's the older stuff that I'm missing, I have all Uncle Scrooge from 1979-today, and than there are spaces I'm missing from 1978 earlier:(, but, that's easy to explain since I started collecting in 1978.

dale-

hi,

Coming across those Disney comics was probably not a good thing for me. Now I want to get some more.

:^O I'd put away comics a while back, life was hectic for a while, we had time for nothing, but when I started up comics collecting again, I dived right in head first and never looked back!

which graphics...Dr. Who and K9?
I guess I never mentioned it here, but I'm a Dr. Who fan too

camper--

the shark story is "Treasure Under Glass" by Don Rosa, the ducks are trying to recover a sunken ship and it's treasure off the coast of Florida, some modern-day pirates try to stop them by dumping a boat load of meat in the water which attracts the sharks and the sharks are following the ducks throughout the rst of the story. .
I am just a figment of your imagination.
Message 1100 of 1,514
latest reply

eobcards
Enthusiast
" Coming across those Disney comics was probably not a good thing for me. Now I want to get some more."

I know the feeling. Nine years ago my three youngest children came to live with me because they were taken away from their mother. I had to stash away anything of value to a more secure part of the house. All my comics, records, video games, movies, computer software, lionel trains and tools are now crammed into an area way too small for them.

Just recently I've been going through some of my comics and I'm starting to get the bug again. Not that I can aford it.
Message 1101 of 1,514
latest reply

because they were taken away from their mother

I think it is safe to assume that there are lots of mother problems with posters on this thread...you've come to the right place, we know what that kind of thing is like. .
Message 1102 of 1,514
latest reply

eobcards
Enthusiast
When my friends tell me they have a problem, all I have to do is tell them what's going on around my house. That usually makes them feel better.
Message 1103 of 1,514
latest reply

and I'll put this on my thread too, just in case you don't get back to the thread where you originally asked the question...

eobcards--

Right now I would like to know what Disney comics are still being printed and what numbers they are up to now.

Uncle Scrooge (now a 64 pager with chipboard cover and glossy paper $6.95/12 issues $83.40 per year) is up to #346

Walt Disney Comics & Stories (same format and price as US) is up to #661 , just around the coner from evil old #666]:)

Donald Duck and Friends (formally called Donald Duck) (is traditional comic book format $3.95/12 issue $35.40 per year) is up to #333

Mickey Mouse and Friends (formally called Mickey Mouse)(same format/price as Donald Duck) is up to #282

Donald Duck Adventures (series III) (128 pages with chip board cover $7.95/12 issues $95.40--not 12 per year, not a one year subscription as these come out at a rate of about 4 per year) is up to good old lucky #13]:)---with a weird dead Scrooge cover, haven't read that story yet, must go see what they've done to him this time.

Mickey Mouse Adventures (same format/price as Donald Duck Adventures) this is the newset series and up to #5

In addition to the regular subscription issues, there are several special issues available by special order...

Life and Times of Scrooge McDuck, by Don Rosa (all 12 original chapters, complete with reprints of original covers, in a 216 page graphic novel, same format as US, just a lot more pages, $16.99---a hardcover limited edition is expected sometime next summer if all goes well---part 2 of Life and Times, is due out in November, provided Ron Rosa finishes chapter 8-B 1/2 in time for it's release, and is to include all of the added on chapters that were written after the first 12)

World of the Dragon Lords, graphic novel unlike anything America has ever seen before $12.99 (I love Picsou/Paperone stories; so glad they are finally comeing to America so I can finally read them in English!) An epic adventure featuring Uncle Scrooge, Donald, and Huey, Dewey and Louie in which the Ducks are thrust into an alternate dimension where humans lead a feudal existence, and are the slaves of a barbarian race of dragon-riders. Softcover, 7"x10", 176 pages, full color (often Euro stories are B&W). Story by Byron Erickson; Art by my fave Euro artist: Giorgio Cavazzano; Lettering & Titles by Jon Babcock; Color by Susan Daigle-Leach, Barry Grossman, Marie Javins, and Scott Rockwell; Cover Art by Giorgio Cavazzano; Layout by Sue Kolberg.

five differant Christmas Parade and Vacation Parade back issues are still available ($8.95 each)

Mickey Mouse Meets the Blotman (graphic novel $5.99)

The Three Muskateers movie adaptation $3.95

Mickey's Twice Upon a Christmas $3.95 Disney's first computer generated comic book art, weird art, good book, doesn't stick with the movie to well.

most issues from 2003 onward is still available as backissues, however most of the ones with Don Rosa cover art are sold out...sold at original cover prices. .
Message 1104 of 1,514
latest reply

Willy Wonka, Willy Wonka!
The amazing Chocolatier.
Willy Wonka, Willy Wonka...
Everybody give a cheer!
He's modest, clever, and so smart,
He barely can restrain it.
With so much generosity,
There is no way to contain it..
He's the one that you're about to meet.
He's a genius who just can't be beat.
The magician and the chocolate wiz.
The best darn guy who ever lived!
Willy Wonka, here he is!

The most important thing we've ever learned,
The most important thing we've learned so far as children are concerned,
Is never, never let them near, a television set,
or better still just don't install the idiotic thing at all!
It rots the senses in the head,
It kills imagination dead.
It clogs and clutters up the mind.
It makes the child so dull and blind.
He no longer understands a fairytale in fairyland.
His brain becomes as soft as cheese,
His thinking powers rust and freeze,
He cannot think he only sees!
Regarding little Mike Teavee
We very much regret that we,
Shall simply have to wait and see
We very much regret that we shall simply have to wait and see if we can get him back to size,
But if we can't, it serves him right!
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Willy Wonka, Willy Wonka...He's a genius who just can't be beat...the magician and chocolate wiz...the best darn guy who ever lived!
Message 1105 of 1,514
latest reply

eelkat,

Yes, I meant the Doctor Who and K-9 graphic. 🙂 Glad to know that there are still a few Doctor who fans around.

None of the comic shops in my area carry the Disney comics. I am probably going to have to get most of them here on ebay.

eobcards,

I had put my comics away when my wife and I built our house. I had them stored in the basement. Our basement flooded and I lost a lot of comics. I had a full run of Amazing Spiderman - fortunately the early ones were not in the basement, but I lost about a dozen issues. I lost a LOT of junk that I wasn't too upset about, but the ones that really hurt were my early Kid Colt comics. I lost issues 1-6, 9-10. It really hurt because those aren't something you can find very easily. That was actually when I quit buying anything alltogether. I just didn't have the heart for it. That was about 3 or 4 years ago. I am just now starting to get back into the comics. We have finished our basement, have a spare sump pump don't plan on having that problem again. Of coarse the comics aren't in the basement anymore either.
Message 1106 of 1,514
latest reply

RE: the first pic in post #1087....

What exactly is Donald doing to Scrooge???
And what does that shark have to do with it?

EELKAT, this was my lame attempt at making a sexual joke about what Donald was really doing to Scrooge!
Message 1107 of 1,514
latest reply

I know...

...you'd be surprised how many I could find that you could do that with too:^O .
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Willy Wonka, Willy Wonka...He's a genius who just can't be beat...the magician and chocolate wiz...the best darn guy who ever lived!
Message 1108 of 1,514
latest reply

It's funny that most of them are in the Silver Age or Bronze Age!
Message 1109 of 1,514
latest reply

Don't worry, camper. I've found that eek is usually a step or two ahead of the game. When you think you're playing her, you find it's really the other way around.

Have you finished The Half-Blood Prince yet, eelkat? Be careful... I hear there are some spoilers on some boards.
Message 1110 of 1,514
latest reply