cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is this a sorority pin?

Just need opinions on this item. Is it a pendant, pin, key, or what? I could not find one like it online. I also had no luck with the symbol on the back. I think it is silver but no markings other than what is pictured. Thank you!IMG_2743.jpgIMG_2744.jpgIMG_2745.jpg

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Re: Is this a sorority pin?

More info about Pacific Lutheran College (former name):

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pacific_Lutheran_University

I don't see anything that suggests a sorority or fraternal connection.

Unless there is a metal purity marking on the item, you can't assume what it is made of.

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Without knowing the size, it is hard to say what is is.  If it is quite small, it might have been intended as a charm for a charm bracelet.  If it's rather large, it might have been intended for a key ring.  Of course, it could be used as a pendant on a necklace, regardless of its size.  It is not a pin, though, because there is no fastener for use that way.

Like Lacemaker, I see nothing related to a sorority or fraternity.  It is just a memento of the college itself.

-

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

I did one quick Google Lens search on the monogram on the back, which is presumably the manufacturer's, but nothing came up.

-IMG_2745.jpg

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

No.  Pacific Lutheran University doesn't have a Greek system.  

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

It is about the size of a quarter.  I'm thinking it is a pendant. Thank you for your insight. 

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Think it’s just a pendant or key fob for the university. The school’s colors are black & gold. I don’t see anything to indicate a fraternity or sorority affiliation. Wiki history states it operated as Pacific Lutheran College from 1920 to 1960 only and is now Pacific Lutheran University. 

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Apologies for duplicating info in other responses. When I initially looked at the OP, no other responses showed up. 

Message 8 of 8
latest reply